Table of contents
We have a healing God but do we stand on the healing Scriptures He has provided?
No matter if physical or emotional, over the course of time, each of us has faced issues from which we or a loved one needed healing. Thankfully, we have a healing God whose Word is filled with healing Scriptures to pray and declare!
Join us as we explore the healing power and promises found in God’s Word!
9 Healing Scriptures to Pray and Declare
When we are in need of healing, God is the best place to turn, both for answers and for the manifestation of our healing. Yet, while we know we ought to turn to God in every situation, we do not always know how.
Certainly, conversing with God, worshiping, and praying in the Spirit are great and useful options… However, another effective tool we can employ involves praying and standing on Scripture!
Here are 9 Healing Scriptures to pray and declare; remember, there are many, many more healing Scriptures that you can explore too:
- “I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me.”—Psalm 30:1-2 (emphasis added)
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.”—Psalm 103:1-6 (emphasis added)
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.”—Jeremiah 17:14 (emphasis added)
- “… ‘If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.’”—Exodus 15:26 (emphasis added)
- “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.”—Proverbs 3:7-8 (emphasis added)
- “Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.
“The Lord builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.”—Psalm 147:1-5 (emphasis added)
- “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.”—Isaiah 53:5 (emphasis added)
- “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”—Isaiah 61:1-3 (emphasis added)
- “Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, ‘Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.’
“And Jesus said to him, ‘I will come and heal him.’
“The centurion answered and said, ‘Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, “Go,” and he goes; and to another, “Come,” and he comes; and to my servant, “Do this,” and he does it.’
“When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!’ …Then Jesus said to the centurion, ‘Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.’ And his servant was healed that same hour.”—Matthew 8:5-10, 13 (emphasis added)
How Do I Pray These Scriptures?
Now that you’ve been introduced to some healing Scriptures to pray and declare, you may be wondering how to actually use them. Holy Spirit is the best guide when it comes to knowing how to pray each scripture, but here is an example demonstrating how easy it can be to turn God’s Word into personal prayer:
Psalm 103:1-6 speaks of Your goodness and generosity; I stand firmly on that truth.
I speak unto my soul and all that I am that I will bless the Lord, and in Your benefits, I will recall how loving and kind You are, my Great God! I thank You for Your Body and Blood that was given over for my sake and for the forgiveness of all of my iniquities. I lay hold of my healing, for it has been paid for by You and declared in Your very Word!
I accept the full truth of Your goodness and receive Your redemption from destruction, along with every measure of Your lovingkindness and tender mercies. I thank You for satisfying my mouth with good things; I am renewed like the eagle!
My loving God, You execute righteousness and justice for the oppressed. I thank You for doing so on my behalf, and I receive the fullness of what that means to my body, soul, and mind.
You are wonderful God; and I thank You and bless Your Holy Name!
I seal it now, in Yeshua’s Name!
Our Healing Is Paid in Full
We are blessed to have a healing God. One who cares for us and loves us enough to bring that healing to us…
It is a part of His nature. And through Yeshua, full healing has been bought and paid for—physically and spiritually!
We are able to stand on this truth! On this beautiful act of love. We are able to read, pray, and receive the healing found in God’s Word, which is full of healing Scriptures to pray and declare.
Let us confidently give the Lord praise and thanksgiving even before we witness the manifestation of our healing because we have a God in whom we can trust! We can be assured that all He paid for will be released in Yeshua’s Name!
Let us, therefore, walk with boldness in every blessing and promise and healing that Yeshua paid for!