Table of Contents
Most people have experienced the painful sting of rejection. More often than not, deep and bitter wounds develop from these occurrences. Through the years, I have found that many Believers have not yet discovered how to overcome rejection, hindering them as they attempt to walk boldly in faith toward their higher calling of God.
It is for this reason that I’ve shared several of my favorite passages from the Word of God that deal with this very issue.
We must know that no matter how we are treated by man, God is a loving Father who will never reject us. Although there are consequences for bad behavior, His chastisement is for our benefit… never for our harm. Therefore, as we mature in Him, we learn to embrace His correction.
Still, this is all easy to say when we are on the mountaintop, but when facing the valley of persecution or betrayal, the fear of man can be so very real.
However, it is very important as Believers in Christ that we arm ourselves with strategic and extremely powerful weapons of spiritual warfare necessary to develop as we continue to grow in maturity in Him.
When you face rejection, look to these scriptures to reassure you that God is on your side. He is for you and not against…
- “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.”—1 John 3:1
- “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.” —Psalm 27:10
- “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” —Romans 8:38-39
- “That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” —Ephesians 3:16-19
- “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.” —John 1:11
- “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” —Romans 8:31
- “Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man’s sake.” —Luke 6:22
- “Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” —Isaiah 53:4-6
- “And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.” —Matthew 10:14
- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” —Jeremiah 29:11
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you.” —Isaiah 49:15
We hope you’ve enjoyed this study on how to overcome rejection by focusing on His thoughts toward us, versus dwelling on the negativity of painful circumstances.
When you have been rejected, do not fear. He is your heavenly Father. He knows every hair on your head. He will be with you… and as you continue to trust in Him, He will work all things together for good for those who love Him!
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
Are you facing a spiritual battle of immense proportions and feeling overwhelmed? We invite you to CLICK HERE to meet with us over the phone for a 1-on-1 Personal Prayer time as we seek the Lord together for answers to your needs.