Have you recently made the life-changing decision of accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? If so, you may find yourself wondering what comes next.
Many new Believers feel a sense of uncertainty when it pertains to walking in their newfound freedom and authority.
Whether it be uncertainty about how to speak about your new beliefs to others, or simply how to speak God’s truth over your circumstances, understand you are not alone.
Let’s discover what God’s Word says about the power of the spoken word and how to activate that authority in your life.
- “… If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.” —James 3:2
This scripture serves as a reminder that words are able to bridle the body. In other words, the words you speak are literally influencing everything you do.
Your words will also carry a heavy influence on the people and world around you. It is important to remember that every word spoken as a new Believer speaks in the presence of the Lord.
The Power of the Spoken Word
There are several places where the Bible references the power of a spoken word. As a new Believer, your call is to learn how to exercise that power in faith.
- “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light.”—Genesis 1:1-3
The Bible says that God spoke the world into existence. Everything that is, started with a word.
As a new Believer, you are adopted into the Father’s family. You have inherited the power and authority of His Word.
This inheritance, through the blood of Jesus, is activated by faith. Consider this: Every word that is spoken has power. It either has the power to bring life or the power to bring death.
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”—Proverbs 18:21
Unfortunately, many new Believers fail to recognize the weight of a word spoken in faith. If your words are coming back void, it could be because they are not spoken in faith through the power and authority of the Holy Spirit.
If this is your experience, ask yourself:
- Do I believe the words that I am speaking?
- Am I ready to accept the words I am speaking over my life?
- Am I willing to come into alignment with the word that God is speaking to me?
- Do I trust God’s Word?
The Spirit doesn’t speak with doubt or uncertainty. Declaring God’s promises with a spirit of doubt blocks you from the authority of God’s Holy Spirit. As a new Believer, have confidence in the words you are declaring.
Once you have established the foundation of speaking, believing, and aligning with God’s truth, you are ready to declare His promises over your circumstances as a new Believer.
Creating New Habits
As a new Believer, you experience a rebirth. Jesus referred to it as being born again. Think about this; when you were born, you didn’t know how to speak. You had to learn.
- “Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.’”—John 3:3
Learning to speak in a new language is part of the faith journey. To know what your new language sounds like, you must learn to discern and speak the language of the Father.
As a new Believer, you not only need to know how to speak God’s Word but how to hear from the Lord. This can only be done when you know His language.
The best way to learn the language of the Father is to inundate yourself with it. You can do this by being in His Word daily and by surrounding yourself with other Believers when possible.
- “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”—Hebrews 4:12
Speaking God’s language is not only the best way to declare His promises over your life and circumstances, it is also the best way to protect yourself from spiritual warfare.
Declaring God’s Truth
God’s promises and blessings are the same for every Believer. Your 1`words spoken in faith are the key that unlocks those blessings in your life.
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”—Matthew 7:7-8
Understand this: God cares about every word you say and wants to provide for you in abundance. Through prayer and study of His Word, you can discern His anointing for your life as a new Believer in Jesus Christ.
Discern it, believe it, then declare it in the mighty name of Yeshua!