The Holy Spirit’s work in your life is greater than you might think. This person of the Godhead is the Spirit whose ministry is to empower, equip, and encourage you in your God-given purpose. The Holy Spirit desires to walk with you, live in you, and rest upon you.
Get Ready to Receive the Instruction from the Holy Spirit
Prepare your heart to receive God’s instruction during Shavuot. This preparation is like a new wineskin, equipping you to hold the bolder, more robust flavor of new wine that He is making ready now.
This is a time for the Body of Christ to move into a place of power and authority. He is getting us ready… do you believe it?
When the Holy Spirit fills you, God will expand your heart to receive more. The more you seek the Holy Spirit, the more He will infill you. The Holy Spirit’s work never wearies or runs dry.
Let us discover 7 ways the Holy Spirit’s work operates in the lives of Believers in order to align them with their God-given purpose.
Do you feel out of alignment? Then review the series of question listed further in the article designed to help you prepare your heart for alignment.
Prepare for Shavuot or Pentecost
As you approach Shavuot, or Pentecost, it is important to seek God’s instruction because the Holy Spirit’s work is designed to pour new wine into new wineskins. Therefore, you must be prepared to receive a new outpouring of revelation.
The Holy Spirit’s ministry is to revive and restore your faith. So, prepare your mind, will, and emotions to receive it!
- Read how the Holy Spirit’s work is manifested in your life.
- Review the series of questions that will help you align your will to God’s.
- Prepare for a new thing to be released at Shavuot!
“Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”—Isaiah 43:19
7 Ways the Holy Spirit Works to Align You with Your Purpose
1) The Holy Spirit speaks, teaches, and reminds you…
His voice speaks to you. He wants to release His power and authority through you.
- “Then the Spirit said to Philip, ‘Go near and overtake this chariot.’”—Acts 8:29 (emphasis added)
The Holy Spirit work teaches you the ways of God. His ways are higher than yours. The good news is you can know His ways and walk in them because of the Holy Spirit! He understands you forget; therefore, He will remind you of God’s promises.
- “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”—John 14:26 (emphasis added)
2) The Holy Spirit helps, comforts, and guides you…
Jesus came and experienced the weaknesses of humanity. In your Adamic nature, you are mortal. But as a new creation, alive in Christ, you have an eternal hope. The Holy Spirit helps you in our humanness, which is weak, to become strong and courageous.
- “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.”—John 14:16-17 (emphasis added)
When you do not know the ways you should go, He guides you.
- “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”—Romans 8:14 (emphasis added)
3) The Holy Spirit empowers you.
It is the Holy Spirit’s work that empowers you to do your purpose. It is only by His power, which rests upon you, that can fulfill your calling and produce the fruit that God will use to feed others.
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”—Acts 1:8 (emphasis added)
Jesus sought to have the Spirit upon Him before He went to accomplish the Father’s will. Once the Spirit rested upon Him, He was able to withstand and overcome the temptations of the enemy (see Luke 4) and move into His ministry and calling.
- “And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him…”—Luke 3:22
4) The Holy Spirit baptizes you…
Baptism means to be immersed, submerged, saturated, and covered. When the Holy Spirit baptizes you, He completely consumed you. This encounter will supernaturally equip you to enter into a new season with authority and blessing.
- “And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, ‘which,’ He said, ‘you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.’”—Acts 1:4-5
5) The Holy Spirit groans, prays, and intercedes for you…
There are times you do have words to express your gratitude, need, yearning, or surrender. The Spirit intercedes for you. The Holy Spirit’s work in your life allows you to align with God’s will apart from your understanding.
- “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”—Romans 8:26-27
6) The Holy Spirit bears witness…
The Holy Spirit bears witness to your spirit that you are God’s child. The Holy Spirit also bears witness to God of your identity and inheritance in Christ.
- “TheSpirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.”—Romans 8:16-17
- “And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”—Acts 5:32
7) The Holy Spirit seals you and distributes spiritual gifts to you…
A seal is a legal signature of ownership. The Holy Spirit legally seals your adoption papers as a child of God. The Holy Spirit’s work is a manifestation of the legal adoption.
- “In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.”—Ephesians 1:13-14
We all have a unique purpose for God’s Kingdom. The Holy Spirit distributes gifts to you according to God’s purpose for your life.
- “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.”—1 Corinthians 12:11
The Time of the Holy Spirit’s Work to be Released
Shavuot, also known as Pentecost, is a time to fall in love with God’s instruction. This event, mentioned in Acts 2, is still alive and active today. The Holy Spirit is waiting to purify you. He wants to purge the old so that His new direction is fully received.
Many of us today are questioning our purpose, as well as the purpose of a global pandemic. The world has been turned upside down, and we’ve faced trials, grief, confusion, and lack of motivation. It is time to be revived.
God has graciously and divinely created a calendar that positions you to receive more of Him. Prepare your heart for His instruction. There is no denying He is doing something new within each of us and the Body of Christ.
Let us not forget what was reclaimed at Passover. God is ready to move us into new levels. Come receive fresh oil and new wine, and the Lord will open the streams in the wastelands of your life!
Join us live for Shavuot on
Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 7 PM CT
Friday, May 29th, 2020 at 7 PM CT