We’ve established that the Courts of Heaven is a real place in the spiritual realm where Believers have access to by way of prayer and petition, through intercession by the Holy Spirit who intercedes for the Believer.
You have access to the courts… but how do you state your case?
You must identify WHAT the enemy is using against you.
If you are dealing with a Jezebel spirit in your life, it is easy to be consumed by the chaos and drama that surrounds you. While the enemy is holding a case against you, he is, at the same time, causing so much disruption in your life that is causing a block in a chain-breaking freedom prayer.
It is time to state your case and deal with it in the Courts of Heaven!
Let’s look at how this vile evil spirit operates so that you can be better equipped to state your case.
30 Signs You May be Influenced by the Spirit of Jezebel[i]
- Refuses to admit guilt or wrong
- Takes credit for everything
- Uses people to accomplish its agenda
- Withholds information
- Talks in confusion
- Volunteers for everything
- Ignores people
- Never gives credit to show gratitude
- Criticizes everyone
- Sequesters information
- Uses information
- Talks incessantly
- Spiritualizes everything
- Is insubordinate
- Is pushy and domineering
- Uses the element of surprise
- Sows seeds of discord
- Commands attention
- Is vengeful
- Attempts to make you look like you are a Jezebel
- Insinuates disapproval
- Knows it all
- Is ambitious
- Gift giving
- Is independent
- Is religious
Go before the Righteous Judge
If you have been experiencing injustice for some time, approach your Heavenly Father as the righteous Judge. Understand that He judges out of truth and love.
The evil spirit of Jezebel needs to be dealt with according to God’s truth and judgment. The dangerous aspect of the Jezebel spirit its seductive and even religious traits. Therefore it disguises itself well. You can identify it by the list above. It fuels immorality in our homes, families, ministries, government and the Church as a whole, causing confusion and grief.
Why do I need to take my case to the Courts of Heaven?
Sometimes we pray and pray and nothing happens. Could it be that we need to ask God WHAT it is we need to be praying, what is being held against us, and what is His purpose? Unless this spirit is cut off according to God’s law, it will return over and over again.
“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”—Matthew 12:43-45
The evil Jezebel spirit is looking for a host not only to tear down and destroy, but also to infiltrate every relationship he or she has. It is this reason that those who operate out of the Jezebel spirit have such torn and broken relationships as a pattern in their lives.
If you have been affected by someone operating out of this wicked spirit, you likely feel like you are walking on eggshells.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour.”—1 Peter 5:8
The word adversary in Greek is antídikos. It means that the one who accuses you brings formal charges, or a lawsuit, against you to enact a penalty.
If there are circumstances not dealt with in your life, the Bible says the devil is looking for a crack in the foundation to sneak in. The Jezebel spirit is aggressive. It will pursue you, seemingly overtake your life, and seek to destroy you, robbing you of the promised peace in Messiah.
If there is a lawsuit against you, and you are a Believer justified by the blood of Christ, you need to understand the protocol to break free from the Jezebel spirit.
How to Enter the Courts of Heaven
- Ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit. Ask Him to give you the words to pray before the Righteous Judge.
- Honor the Judge. Declare who God is and how His justice is right, pure, and always good. Meditate in awe and reverence before His holiness. Wait on Him for direction before you move forward in prayer.
- Understand that the lawsuits against you could have been plaguing your families for years. God can deliver you from the encroachment of generational captivity.
- Remind God of His promises. When stating your case, always present what Jesus did on the cross, and that you are justified by faith in His work.
- Remind God of His purpose. God’s purpose is always to further His Kingdom. We must be willing to lay our needs and desires aside and seek Him, wholeheartedly.
- “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all of these things shall be added to you.”—Matthew 6:33
- “Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”—Matthew 6:10-12
- Pray boldly about God’s purposes for you and others… and be specific. If there is a particular behavior the Holy Spirit has revealed to you that is blocking the purposes of God, ask Him to deliver you from that, so that His will is accomplished.
The truth is you are justified by the blood of Christ, but it also remains that the enemy lurks the earth causing chaos until the Day of the Lord. We must not be blind to this or give up our inherited blessings.
God is passionate about you fulfilling your purpose! In fact, there are books in Heaven that record your destiny and purpose. You cannot step onto your divine destiny until you recognize and revoke the rights of demonic principalities, such as the Jezebel spirit, from operating in your life.
Is there joy and peace that belongs to you that you aren’t experiencing?
If what you’re reading is speaking to you, it is by no accident. God wants to hear your case and rightfully set you free. You need to know how to battle and present your case.
[i] Excerpt from “Confronting Jezebel: Discerning and Defeating the Spirit of Control” by Steve Sampson (pages 62-68)