In Part 1 of this series, “What is Separating You from Your Harvest?” we explored some of the common, mistaken views of prosperity that many Believers have. While in Part 2, we explored how we are meant to take our thoughts captive and enter into Kingdom thought patterns!
In this final part, we will discover the power of Yeshua’s sacrifice, how we can recognize the presence of poverty spirits—which can block the fullness of our harvest—and explore resources so that YOU overcome them!
“Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.”—Isaiah 53:4-5
A wound is the breaking of the skin, and Yeshua experienced many of them for our sake. His skin was broken and He shed blood for our iniquities in the most horrific ways imaginable due to the depth of His love for us. And because of this sacrifice, we are responsible to apply His Blood to all areas of our life each and every day!
Yet, while Yeshua was wounded for our transgressions, He was also bruised for our iniquities.
Bruising is a hematoma, or in other words, it is where blood vessels are broken despite the skin not being pierced. Therefore, we see that Yeshua shed blood both inwardly and outwardly to cancel not only the weight of our outward sin—such as those words and actions that are contrary to God’s Word—but also those of our internal thoughts.
This sacrifice of our Lord and Savior allows us to take thoughts captive and to choose a better path…
“Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.”—Isaiah 53:10
When Eve was deceived in the Garden, leading to Adam’s transgression, they both opened the door to iniquity. This was done by listening to words contrary to God’s Word and allowing deceptive words to enter into their thought life. Instead of taking their thoughts captive and choosing to listen to the true words of God, iniquity turned into transgression—their thoughts gave way to disobedient action.
God has prepared the way so that we do not have to give in to the voice of the enemy. We can take our thoughts captive and change the way we act!
We must work to silence the voices that try to keep us from walking out our destinies. Our God instructed us to take dominion and gave us all authority to subdue the earth. Further, He made us in HIS image. He granted us the power of life and death that are in the tongue. And Yeshua prophesied that greater things than He did on earth, we will do!
“Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.’”—Genesis 1:26
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”—Proverbs 18:21
“I tell you this timeless truth: The person who follows me in faith, believing in me, will do the same mighty miracles that I do—even greater miracles than these because I go to be with my Father!”—John 14:12 (TPT)
It is amazing that we are called to follow God not as slaves, but as sons and daughters! What a tremendous gift that He has given so that we might rule and reign with Him! What an honor!
We must choose to push through, take our thoughts captive, and receive our inheritance in Christ. We must follow Him—accepting His mind and ways!
“Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.”—1 John 3:1
Do YOU Need a New Outlook?
How do we know that our thoughts are not as they ought to be? How do we discover that we need a new outlook? And how do we understand if we have a poverty spirit, orphan spirit, or other negative view of prospering that needs to be overcome?
Here are seven mindsets* that may indicate a poverty or orphan spirit is at work in your life:
- You require your close friends to have an exclusive relationship with you. You get jealous when they have a relationship with anyone else. Why? Because of a fear that they will like them instead of you.
- You assign negative motives to people who are prosperous, famous, or powerful. Why? Because you are jealous of them, so you reduce them in your mind by building a case against them; or because you view lack as a Godly virtue and believe that those who prosper did so through nefarious/ungodly means and/or misuse their prosperity.
Remember, God said that the LOVE of money is the root of all evil, He did not say that money—which is a neutral tool—is evil; the intent behind it takes it from neutral to negative or positive.
- You are jealous of people who have more than you have. Why? There is a lack of understanding that in God there is always more than enough… when someone else is prospering it does not reduce God’s ability to prosper you!
- You find a problem with every opportunity and are terrified of taking risks. Why? Because you do not understand that God wants to bless you and/or do not feel worthy of His abundance.
- You always feel like something is about to go wrong. In fact, when you are having a good day, you feel like a bad day is coming. Why? You have probably invited a foreboding spirit into your life. (Foreboding means an impending sense of doom).
When we walk in God’s goodness we expect good things; yes, bad days may come, but even in them we can find joy through Christ!
- You live in shame. (Guilt says I did something wrong, but shame says I am something wrong). Why? You do not love yourself and you fail to understand the love of the Father!
When we feel the conviction of guilt, it is a sign of God’s love, because He is preparing a way for us to repent and turn from the sin. When we feel the condemnation of shame, it is a lie of the enemy and does not answer to the truth of God’s love.
- You feel like a powerless victim. Life feels like it is happening to you. You often imagine yourself as a child in a grown-up world. Why? You are not convinced of your nobility—being a child of the Most High God. You have not come to grips with the fact that you are more than a conqueror in Christ!
Yeshua, your Savior, loves you and will always be with you; guiding you in all He has called you to do and preparing the way for your good and His Kingdom’s good!
(*Adapted from: “7 Signs A Poverty Mindset Is Still Affecting You” by Kris Vallotton.)
While this may not be a fully comprehensive list, it is certainly a useful start in determining where our thoughts and beliefs can be better aligned with God’s heart… allowing us to take any negative mindsets and thoughts captive and replace them with God’s truths!
At Curt Landry Ministries we want to see you set free from any spirits and thoughts that are contrary to God’s. We believe it is God’s intention to see His people prosper and through that prosperity rise up to make a difference in every major sector of the seven mountains!
To that end we have a number of books and resources to help Believers not only remove what is separating them from their harvest, but enable them to accept and align with God’s truth. The truth that each of us is a child of God with the authority, inheritance, and all the covenant blessings that brings. That we are dearly loved by God and that He has made a way for us to prosper in all He calls us to do; for our benefit and for the glory of His Name!
Here is a list of resources that can help to this end and we pray that they will bless you:
- Released Blessings Through Tithes and Offerings by Curt Landry Ministries
- One-on-One Freedom Prayer [A Free Resource]
- 7 Steps to Emotional Healing by Curt Landry Ministries
- Cash & Compassion-Kings & Priests [MP3 Download]
- Reclaiming Our Forgotten Heritage by Curt Landry
- Unlocking Financial Blessings through Tithes and Offerings [A Free Resource]
- A Biblical Study of the Fall Feasts of the Lord by Curt Landry Ministries
- Spring Feast – A Biblical Study of Passover and Shavuot by Curt Landry Ministries