In the simplest terms, intercessory prayer is coming before God, in the Courts of Heaven, and praying on behalf of others. Christ is the ultimate intercessor, but when we are born-again, we then hold the authority and right to enter the Courts of Heaven and pray prayers of intercession. This right and authority comes with mountain-moving power and responsibility.
>>>What is the ‘Courts of Heaven’?<<<
“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…”—1 Timothy 2:5
Purpose of Prayer
The Lord desires for us to be in communication with Him through prayer. He wants to hear our heartaches, meet our needs, and see us move into realignment with His will through prayer.
Through prayer, we can:
- Have intimacy and be in the presence of God.
- “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.”—Revelation 3:20
- Ask for forgiveness and He will not hold our sin against us.
- “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us oursins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”—1 John 1:9
- Make our requests known.
- “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”—Psalm 50:15
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God…”—Philippians 4:6
- Know God’s will and align with it.
- “…in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Jesus Christ for you.”—1 Thessalonians 5:18
- “When He came to the place, He said to them, ‘Pray that you may not enter into temptation.’ And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, ‘Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.’”—Luke 22:40-42
Do you need prayer? We would love to come in agreement with you for your breakthrough! Schedule Your personal 1-on-1 prayer appointment here!
Why aren’t my prayers answered?
God hears all, yet God doesn’t answer all. There may be circumstances in your life that you have been praying over for years, and your prayers seem to hit the ceiling and bounce back.
Some situations and circumstances could be blocking your prayers.
Do you need to address your doubt? God’s Word says to ask for wisdom, and it will be freely given, “but let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.”—James 1:6
We need to declare and believe the Word of God. If there is doubt, bring that before God and repent, realigning with His promises.
What is the condition of your spiritual health? Sit down with God and praise His Holy name, His righteous justice, and mercy. Ask His Spirit to reveal to you where your heart needs to be cleansed by His fire. Pray for Him to reveal any distractions that keep you from more of Him.
Are their areas of your life you need to come out of alignment with? Too often we get used to the lies of the enemy and dismiss them, or even start to believe them. They could be lies you’ve heard all of your life, or that have been passed down for generations. You must cut those off and replace them with God’s truth.
Cleansing our generational bloodline is a strategic way to silence the accuser of the brethren, canceling any case against us. We must understand that the blood of Jesus is a powerful weapon that stands as evidence of atonement for our sins and those committed by our forefathers in the past.
Intercessory Prayer is Powerful!
“The blood of Jesus is not something that has spoken; it is something that is still speaking!”
Courts of Heaven Protocol
There is a protocol when we enter the Courts of Heaven. We are called to be intercessors and to take a governmental place in the spiritual realm that can shift nations.
- Use what’s written in the books in Heaven.
2. Use the prophetic words that have been spoken over you.
3. Always present what Jesus did on the cross in the Courts of Heaven.
4. Use the promises of God’s Word.
5. Whoever will lay their life down will gain great authority in the Courts of Heaven.
The Body of Christ needs to come together, in unity, and claim their right to deal with issues of nations. It is our responsibility to move into the Courts of Heaven.
- “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men…”—1 Timothy 2:1
- “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”—Galatians 6:2
- “He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor; therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him; and His own righteousness, it sustained Him.”—Isaiah 59:16