The Bible often describes the presence and glory of God as a fire. The fire of the Holy Spirit creates a burning passion that moves you forward, aligning you with God’s will. In Hebrews, it reads, “For our God is a consuming fire.”
Seven Ways God’s Presence is Manifested as Fire
- “And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed.”—Exodus 3:2 (emphasis added)
- “…as the flame went up toward heaven from the altar—the Angel of the Lord ascended in the flame of the altar! When Manoah and his wife saw this, they fell on their faces to the ground.”—Judges 13:20 (emphasis added)
- “Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench.”—1 Kings 18:38 (emphasis added)
- “Then I looked, and behold, a whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out of its midst like the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire.”—Ezekiel 1:4 (emphasis added)
- “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”—Matthew 3:11 (emphasis added)
- “Now when the people complained, it displeased the Lord; for the Lord heard it, and His anger was aroused. So the fire of the Lord burned among them, and consumed some in the outskirts of the camp.”—Numbers 11:1 (emphasis added)
- “Now on the day that the tabernacle was raised up, the cloud covered the tabernacle, the tent of the Testimony; from evening until morning it was above the tabernacle like the appearance of fire.”—Numbers 9:15 (emphasis added)
Welcome the Fire of the Holy Spirit!
The fire of the Holy Spirit is a beautiful picture of how God imparts His presence upon us, equipping us for our Kingdom purposes.
Here are five ways the Holy Spirit aligns a Believer’s heart and will to God’s…
- The Fire of the Holy Spirit Changes Your Thinking
When you seek the fire of the Holy Spirit, God consumes your mind, will, and emotions, aligning them with His heart and empowering you to be the light in this world.
- “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”—Matthew 5:14-16
- The Fire of the Holy Spirit Hungers for God’s Instruction
The evil principalities in this world seek to confuse you. They whisper lies that say God is far from you. But the fire of the Holy Spirit speaks truth. The fire burns up the lies and reveals the truth of God’s loving instruction so that you know the ways in which you should go. His precepts preserve you.
- “…He will give you another Helper… the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.”—John 14:16-17
- “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.”—John 15:26
- “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.”—John 16:13
- “Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness.”—Psalm 119:40
- The Fire of the Holy Spirit Creates a Passion for God’s People
Have you ever been burdened to pray for others? The passion to pray can feel like a burning deep in your soul that compels you to act. Welcome it! The fire of the Holy Spirit will burn in your heart, not only to fall in love with the Word, but to pray intercessory prayers for God’s people.
- “And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.”—Acts 4:31
- “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.”—Ephesians 6:18
- The Fire of the Holy Spirit Compels You to Sing Praises
When you encounter the fire of the Holy Spirit, your voice will praise Him. An exuberant, joyful song is evidence of a Spirit-filled Believer. Singing and dancing are manifestations of joyful worship.
David danced, sang, shouted for joy, and blew shofars with all his might before the Lord (2 Samuel 6:14-15). He could not contain the Spirit. His cup ran over!
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”—Colossians 3:16
- “Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless His name; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.”—Psalm 96:1-2
- The Fire of the Holy Spirit Purifies You
The fire of the Holy Spirit purifies you. His power enables you to live a holy and godly life. His purifying work in you cleanses your soul. He calls you to live virtuously and victoriously. You get to partner with Him and partake of this divine nature, escaping the corruption of the world.
- “…Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”—Titus 2:13-14
- “Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”—2 Peter 1:2-4
What Does the Fire of the Holy Spirit Feel Like?
Those who are overcome by the fire of the Holy Spirit describe it this way…
- “I had a fire burning deep within the belly.”
- “I fell down. I was unable to stand and was weak in the knees.”
- “I felt a heaviness in my heart to repent.”
- “I was overcome with great laughter.”
- “I was overcome with great weeping.”
- “It was as if the joy of the Lord was hitting me.”
Shavuot and the Fire of the Holy Spirit
The fire of the Holy Spirit will be released during Shavuot. You will not want to miss this deep, passionate, and powerful encounter. The Spirit is aligning you with God for your purpose in this next season!
Join us for Shavuot on May 28th and 29th at 7:00 PM CT.
Click HERE for in-house event information.
To Watch Live…
- Mark your calendar for May 28th and 29th at 7:00 PM CT.
- Prepare your heart to receive an outpouring of new wine and oil from the Holy Spirit.
- Click HERE to watch live from Curt Landry Ministries Facebook page on the above times and dates.
This is an in-house and online event (no registration is needed to watch live).
For our on location, in-house guests, registration is FREE but required due to limited seating.
Get ready to receive the fire. God is equipping you to do something new!