Whether we want to admit it or not, we are engaged in spiritual battles. The enemy plays games with our minds in hopes that we engage in simple things that block our blessings from the Lord. No doubt, the devil uses tragedy to distract us, but more often it’s the sly, “not such big deals” that produce blocks, that when piled on top of each other, make thick walls that are hard to tear down.
With a mighty blast, the Lord calls us to awaken, right now! He wants us to be alert, remove the distractions, and deal with the pain, hurt or pride in our lives that block His great joy and freedom from washing over us.
Spiritual blockage comes from emotional, spiritual and physical issues that prevent your inheritance from coming upon you. The problem must be identified, you must take authority over it and break that assignment.
We must use Godly wisdom! If we focus on one area of our life, we have a tendency to leave the other areas unguarded. The enemy even uses blessings to distract. For example, if we have been blessed abundantly, pride can slip over into soulish discernment, and we can think that our thoughts are always in line with the Lord.
The same can also happen with great hurt and bitterness. Our thoughts become laced with fear and doubt and these lies often speak louder than God’s truth. Both pride and hurt cause blockage in our body, soul and spirit.
For this reason, we must nurture and care of our spiritual health.
- Praise the Lord. Start by praising the Lord. Sit down with Him, open up your Bible, and praise His holiness, justice, mercy and grace.
- Worship the Lord. Ask yourself, “How am I worshiping the Lord?” Do you worship with your time, talents and resources? Worshiping the Lord flows from your adoration of Him, allowing you to be in His presence as He renews your spirit.
“Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies…”—Psalm 103:1-4
We need the healing power of God to deal with and break free from these sin issues in our lives. When an emotional time is upon you, the Lord allows it to spark great healing that is right around the corner. It’s at that moment in time when you have a decision to make… Will you choose to walk in victory and spiritual health?
In the midst of a trial…
- Make a decision. Are you tired of a situation in your life that seems to rear its ugly head again and again? It could be a feeling of disappointment, anger, unforgiveness. You might even be literally sick and tired. You have come to a fork in the road today… Choose a different path. Make an active decision to walk in spiritual health.
- Speak God’s truth to your spirit. With the decision comes an action, speaking God’s truth over your situation. Tell yourself you WILL do this, that God’s truth is louder than lies, and that He does provide the strength for you to live victoriously. Tell your mind, will, and emotions, as well as your flesh, to align with the blessings God has already promised you.
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”—Romans 8:28
Your situation may not disappear immediately, but with this continual decision for change and speaking God’s truth over your life, God promises to work it out.
You will recognize the freedom and peace when you have a passion for your calling that only the Lord can give. Everything will begin to line up and flow from God’s ordained purpose in your life.
“Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.”—Psalm 37:5
- Identify your distractions and source of your emotional drain. Once you’ve identified the source, be it a job, a person, or emotion; in prayer ask if this is something that can be removed, or if this is something that can be addressed and healed biblically.
In my nearly 30 years of pastoring, I have seen many people struggle with purpose, or how to handle the difficult situations life throws at them. It’s truly heartbreaking as they forget who they are in Christ. Once the realization is made that you have authority to cut off the lies, and have dominion over the chaos, the muddied-up lies are replaced with clarity.
“Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.”—Proverbs 16:3
Remember, rejoice and declare today what the Blood of Yeshua does for you! [i]
- It remits sins (Matthew 26:28).
- It gives life to those who consume it (John 6:53).
- It causes us to dwell in Christ and He in us (John 6:56).
- It is the means by which Jesus purchased the Church (Acts 20:28).
- It is the means by which Jesus becomes our atonement through faith (Romans 3:25).
- It justifies us and saves us from wrath (Romans 5:9).
- It redeems us (Ephesians. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Revelations 5:9).
- It brings those who were far away from God near to Him (Ephesians 2:13).
- It grants us the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:14).
- It brings peace and reconciliation to God (Colossians 1:20).
- It has obtained eternal redemption for us (Hebrews. 9:12).
- It cleanses our conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Hebrews 9:14).
- It is the means by which we enter the most holy place with boldness (Hebrews 10:19).
- It speaks a better word than the blood of Abel (Hebrews 12:24 NIV).
- It sanctifies us (Hebrews 13:12).
- It makes us complete for every good work (Hebrews 13:20-21).
- It cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).
- It bears witness in the earth along with the Spirit and the water (1 John 5:8).
- It is the means by which Jesus washes us (Revelation 1:5: 7:14).
- It is the means by which we overcome the accuser of the brethren (Revelation 12:11).
Walking in obedience and alignment with the King reestablishes your thoughts with truth. This is not about salvation, this is about a walking blessed. You ARE a child of the Most High God!
Next, we will take a deeper look into how blocks present themselves in our lives, common tactics of the enemy. Check back for ways to walk in freedom and blessing!
[i] 20 Things the Blood of Jesus Does – Jesus Now: Unveiling the Present-Day Ministry of Jesus – Author Frank Viola