Do you want to know effective prayers to pray over yourself and your family? Do you feel as if knowing how to pray the will of God is not always easy? Then join us below as we explore how to use Scripture to pray God’s will and blessings over ourselves and families!
Throughout the Word of God we are commanded to pray. Even Jesus—God Incarnate—prayed throughout His life! We were made to fellowship with God in prayer, not only to improve our relationship with Him, but so that His will might be done in our lives, causing His blessings and favor to flow. We are created to fulfill Kingdom purpose, but to do that we need to be in alignment with God. We need to be in constant prayer and fellowship with Him.
It does not matter if we are in times of trouble or times of Godly favor, prayer is always essential. Yet, there are times when it feels as if our ability to pray is challenged, when we do not know what to pray, or even, when our prayers feel ineffective. One way to help combat these is to speak in our prayer language—tongues—allowing the Holy Spirit to declare the perfect will of God through us. Another is to ask God to teach us what to pray. While still another is to speak out in prayer and faith the Scriptures—which are God’s perfect will, as Jesus, the Word made flesh, is testimony to.
It is this option of speaking out the Scriptures we will explore today…
Scriptures to Pray:
There are thousands upon thousands of Scriptures which we can pray, and the purpose of each is rarely limited to one need. While it is impossible for us to provide every possible Scripture to pray here, these listed below are an excellent way to begin praying forth the Word as you go deeper in your prayer walk. No matter the need, you can find answers and perfect prayers in God’s Word; do not be afraid to ask God to lead you to whatever Scripture you need. He will.
Scriptures to Pray for Health:
- “O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me.”—Psalm 30:2
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.”—Jeremiah 17:14
- “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.”—Isaiah 53:5 (This also makes a wonderful prayer to include when taking communion.)
- “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.”—Exodus 23:25
Scriptures with Daily Prayers for Yourself and Family:
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.”—Psalm 103:1-7
- “… Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”—Matthew 6:9-13
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.”—Numbers 6:24-26
Scriptures to Pray When Your Children Do Not Follow God:
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”—Proverbs 22:6
- “…when he came to himself, he said, ‘…my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you…”’ And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ …”—Luke 15:17-24 (See all of Luke 15:11-32 for further prayer.)
Scriptures to Pray When You are Tired:
- “And He said, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’”—Exodus 33:14
- “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”—Matthew 11:28
Scriptures to Pray When You Need Safety:
- “My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.”—Psalm 62:5-7
- “I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.”—Psalm 18:1-3
Scriptures to Pray When You Feel Separate From God:
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven….”—Matthew 5:3-12
- “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”—Psalm 91:14-16
- “And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, ‘Abba, Father!’ Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.”—Galatians 4:6-7
- “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.”—John 15:15
Do not be limited to these, but open up the Word, ask God to lead you, and see what wonderful things He reveals to you!
If YOU would like to learn how to ask boldly with the Key of David, then click HERE!
If YOU would like to explore the redemptive names of God and how to decree them over your life, then click HERE!
If YOU would like Scriptures to help you overcome the spirit of fear, then click HERE!