We all face battles. Those battles, most being within our minds, are begging for a hero to step up, sling a stone, and bring the giants in our lives to the ground. The giants are too big for us to face alone. But there is good news—we are not alone. There is a Hero within you!
In the Bible story of David and Goliath, we can see ourselves as David… The small boy who was doubted by those around him to have any actual “power” to take down such a massive giant, yet stepped up to the battle and was victorious.
Internally we can feel our inner “David” itching to be released. We have a drive within our spirit to be more than who we are right now. If only we had the right “superpower.”
The Superpower Is Supernatural
There is something you need to understand: The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit is the superpower you need to conquer the giants in your life. That same superpower is what David activated to take down Goliath.
When you gave your life to Christ there was a great exchange made—and that superpower was given to you as you realized the limitations of your human strength.
You surrendered your life and God gave you His.
- “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”—Galatians 2:20 (emphasis added)
You surrendered your life and God gave you the Holy Spirit.
- “‘If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.’”—John 14:15-18 (emphasis added)
You surrendered your life and God gave you His supernatural superpower.
- “‘Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.’”—John 14:12-14 (emphasis added)
The Hero Within
The hero you long to become is activated by believing in the Hero that dwells within you.
- “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.”—Ezekiel 36:27
The problem that stands in the way of becoming the hero you were created to be is the lack of real, authentic, Spirit-filled understanding and release.
For many of us, we were raised in a place that focused on “religion” rather than on the “renewal of the mind” and “walking in the Spirit.” Perhaps you are experiencing an internal conflict between the flesh and the Spirit. This is what the Hero within wants to free you from so you can become who you were created to be.
- “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”—Galatians 5:16-18
If this internal conflict describes your battle, you are not reading this by accident. The God who does the impossible wants to move you from ordinary to extraordinary. If you are eager to embrace the power of the Holy Spirit, God is in a season of moving you from the back of the line to the front.
- “So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.”—Matthew 20:16
Dr. Ronnie Phillips, Jr. Talks about the Hero Within: Becoming Who You Were Created to Be
Dr. Ronnie Phillips, Jr. has recently written a book, The Hero Within: Becoming Who You Were Created to Be.
In his book, Ronnie Phillips, Jr. explains how we are in a season of letting go of the past and embracing the Hero within for our future.
It’s a season to say goodbye to the…
- Spirit of unbelief
- Spirit of inadequacy
- Spirit of lack
It’s a time to welcome the Holy Spirit’s anointing so that you can fulfill your God-given destiny.
Here’s What to Do…
- Follow Curt Landry Ministries on Facebook HERE.
- Mark your calendar for Tuesday, February 18, 7:30 PM CT.
- Listen and watch (don’t forget to “Like” and “Share” too) as Dr. Ronnie Phillips, Jr. and Curt Landry discuss how the Hero within is waiting to be activated in your life.
About Dr. Ronnie Phillips, Jr.
“Dr. Ronnie Phillips, Jr. is the Founder and Leader of RPMI (Ronnie Phillips Ministries International), and Lead Pastor of Abba's House in Chattanooga, TN. He is committed to delivering hope and help around the world through missions, media and the message of grace.
He holds a bachelor's degree in Theology and a Master of Ministry degree in Biblical studies. He graduated with his Doctor of Ministry degree from Covington Theological Seminary in 2015. He has led crusades in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, and in states across the Southeast for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He is co-author of “The Power of Agreement,” written with his father, Dr. Ron Phillips. The Lord has used the message of agreement and unity to bring restoration to many churches. Pastor Ronnie serves on the Executive Board of Houses of Hope International, which manages 31 orphanages around the world.
Pastor Ronnie serves on several local boards in the city and ministers to children on a weekly basis. He served at UNUM Corporation for seven years prior to officially joining the Abba's House team. His wife, Kelly, is an Account Executive for a large health insurer and their number one ministry is their three boys, Trey, Reid, and Ryce.
Ronnie and Kelly have a desire to see genuine revival across this nation and as Pastor Ronnie says, “Revival is never denominational, but always intentional in its purpose of winning the lost.” Ronnie and Kelly want people to know how special they are in the eyes of the Lord. They have a passion for homeless, hurting, and heartbroken people. Ronnie & Kelly are thankful for their heritage and are excited about the future of RPMI.”