Millions of Americans make New Year’s resolutions—resolutions for health, time management, and change. But as the weeks and months creep on past the new year we often find ourselves struggling to stay on our diet, struggling to make it to the gym, and struggling to take the time required to see change.
Regardless of the resolutions you are keeping, or the resolutions you have let go, I want to encourage you that you can have your best year NOW in 2015! Don’t wait for another pivotal point to make a change, don’t wait until tomorrow, and certainly don’t wait until 2016!
Change requires discipline and is usually found on a road paved with both failure and success. We can’t let a few failures hinder us from reaching our goals. We can get back on the wagon right now—today!
Consider athletes. They train day in and day out for the love of their sport. What would happen if they never picked themselves up out of the dust when they tripped, or if they just gave up when they lost?
Every winner has lost at some point in their life;
but losing once does not mean you are a loser for life.
6 Steps for a Successful Year!
1. Are you fully committed or are you walking the fence? Be committed!
“Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.”—Proverbs 16:3
2. Is your lack of strength actually a lack of faith? Feed your faith with the Word, worship, and the company you keep.
“Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.”—Joshua 1:7
3. Are you seeking with the wrong heart motivation? Seek the Lord with righteous motivation.
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”—Matthew 6:33
4. Are you looking to another source of light other than the Lord? All other light will disappoint. Choose to put your eyes on Him.
“As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”—John 9:5
5. Do you feel like your own light is growing a little dim? If you want more light—give your light away. In the giving you will receive.
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”—Matthew 5:14-16
6. Are you more focused on the rapture than the completion of God’s Word? Make a choice to participate where God is moving and be a part of prophecy fulfilled.
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.”—Matthew 5:17-18
Choose to make 2015 your best year yet!