If you’ve explored Curt Landry Ministries’ website, you’ve noticed that we have a heart for the Jewish people and their land. We know that God has a timeline and an order, which the entire universe is subject to. It is up to us; as individuals, nations, communities, and the Body of Christ, to either resist the order and open ourselves up to enemy attacks, or submit to God’s will and unearth the foundations of our faith.
Many ask WHY…
- Why is Israel’s 70th year significant?
- Why support Israel?
- Why (and how) is Israel successful?
We’re going to take a look at Israel’s history, God’s plan for her restoration, and Israel today—year 5778/2018.
Watch here to find out more about the significance of the Hebrew year 5778—The Year of New Beginnings.
The year 5778 is significant for a number of reasons:
- It is the 70th anniversary of the nation of Israel.
- The number 70 is represented by the Hebrew letter Ayin, which means ‘eye’ in Hebrew. This year there will be a revelation of sight to those who will seek to see.
- The number eight is represented by the Hebrew letter chet, which means ‘life.’ It also resembles a door. Therefore, this year is a year of new beginnings and an invitation to pass through the doorway of life.
Misconceptions about Israel: What you may not learn in church on Sunday mornings…
Israel and the Jewish people have been the target of much debate throughout history. This small nation is big news. Misconceptions are not uncommon; however, when we believe them without researching the facts, we can quickly be led down a rocky path.
Fallacies fall around the Jewish people, their land, their past, and their future. If you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, it is worth examining both the Old and New Testaments as one COMPLETE work that is divinely put together, which helps to understand the full picture.
1. The Church Has Replaced Israel
Replacement theology teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Many in the Church today have either been taught directly or indirectly that the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people. As a result, a number of Believers are:
- Missing out on inherited blessings
- Pitted against Israel and falling into Satan’s plan
The enemy knows the best way to tempt Believers to lose hope is to divide them. As a result, many have fallen into the snare of separating themselves from God’s blessings and washing their hands of Israel because of many misconceptions and lack of understanding the powerful covenant that God has made. A covenant that can never be broken because of God’s perfect character.
One key aspect of understanding scripture is to compare it to itself. Nowhere in the Bible does it teach that Israel has somehow transformed into the Gentile Church. What it does say, however, is that Gentile Church is “grafted together as One New Man” into Israel (Ephesians 2:15, Romans 11).
Both have a part in God’s plan. In accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you must believe the prophecies of the Old Testament. Be careful not to allegorize the promises of God, both His blessings for the Church and the restoration of Israel.
Do you want realignment in your life? Stand with Israel during her 70th year!
2. God is Finished with the Jewish People
To have the mindset that God is finished with the Jewish people you must ask yourself, “Is God finished with me?” Of course not! He is never finished with us until we see Him face-to-face.
“…being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ…”—Philippians 1:6
Most of us know this verse by heart, but do we truly believe it? If His Word says that He isn’t finished with us, then it must be so. This same principle applies to His chosen people, the Jews. God tells us to remember, and remember again…
- “Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered themto you.”—1 Corinthians 11:2
- “Remember the former things of old, for I amGod, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me…”—Isaiah 46:9
- “…and when He had given thanks, He broke itand said, ‘Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’”—1 Corinthians 11:24
- “Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.”—Revelation 2:5
The Lord calls us to remember our past (traditions), what He has done for us, who He is, and to come to Him in prayer to be cleansed (repent). We should be renewing our minds daily, recalling these promises and the declarations He has made. His mercies are new every day because He is gracious and because we so quickly forget!
The Lord is far from finished with us AND the Jewish people… because His Word declares it! He has a plan of restoration that was prophesied in both the Old and New Testaments.
In fact, the Lord says in the Old Testament that Jerusalem will be the holy city of the future. Look at these scriptures from Zechariah:
- “Thus says the Lord: ‘I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the Lord of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’”—Zechariah 8:3
- “Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west; I will bring them back, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people and I will be their God, in truth and righteousness.’”—Zechariah 8:7-8
- “Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard thatGod is with you.”’”—Zechariah 8:23
The Shift in Israel
Even if you question the exactness of the Bible, you can’t question data. God is no doubt developing Israel into what He promised thousands of years ago. People are being drawn to Israel’s knowledge and technology, “grasping their sleeves.”
He is preparing His land and His people for His glory! These are the signs of restoration in the times…
- Israel recycles about 90% of its wastewater, making it the leading nation in water recycling. Spain comes in second with a 20% wastewater recycling plan. [i]
- An Israeli hi-tech company helped in identifying and capturing the Boston Marathon terrorists.[ii]
- Over 90% of Israeli homes use solar energy to heat water.[iii]
- Israel as the most technologically advanced defense systems in the world.[iv]
These are only a few of the ways God is beginning the shift during this year of new beginnings. The world is beginning to take note of Israel’s economic and political advancements. God’s hand is clearly at work.
When you seek God’s Kingdom, circumstances fall into place, you begin to discover more of Him, and you grow in knowledge and wisdom. Seeking Him starts with salvation through the blood of Christ. Then the Holy Spirit begins to work in you. He begins to take you on a journey to seek God’s character, His ways, and His timing. All of this can be found throughout the Old and New Testaments.
We want to encourage you to dig into your faith roots. Search the scriptures as the Berean Jews did. Learn more about your spiritual heritage, and claim the promises and the inheritance that God has given you.
>>>Watch the full Shabbat service here and find out 70 reasons to love Israel.<<<
[i] https://www.fluencecorp.com/israel-leads-world-in-water-recycling/ Fluence
[ii] http://www.jewishpress.com/news/israel-hi-tech-firm-helped-capture-boston-bomber-terrorists/2013/04/29/ The Jewish Press
[iii] https://cleantechnica.com/2008/07/07/90-of-israeli-homes-solar-hot-water-equipped/ Clean Technica
[iv] https://nypost.com/2017/01/29/why-israel-has-the-most-technologically-advanced-military-on-earth/ New York Post