How do we find strength? As Believers, we realize that we should turn to God first for strength… but that does not mean that we always do.
Join us as we discover our greatest strength—God—and eighteen scriptures that remind us of this truth!
How Do We Find Strength?
As Believers, we know that God is our strength. That the joy of the Lord brings strength. That in Him we become strong. These are truths almost all Believers know… yet, when we are in the midst of worries, attacks, and problems, it is easy for us to lose sight of this. It is easy for us to become overwhelmed, or even to rely on our own strength to help us. But it is only in God that we can find true strength and overcome.
Over and over God’s Word reminds us of this truth. And it is in the Word of God that we need to refill and rediscover how God is our strength… how, in Him, nothing is impossible!
“But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”—Matthew 19:26
Turn to God’s Word
Certainly, we can renew the strength God gives us in praise, in worship, in prayer, in giving, in rejoicing, and in many other ways! However, sometimes we need to hear or read the Word of God in order to remind ourselves of what is true—of God’s ways, and His ability and desire to strengthen us…
Here are EIGHTEEN of the many wonderful scriptures that remind us that strength is found in God:
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”—Psalm 46:1
- “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!”—Psalm 27:14
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.”—Psalm 28:7
- “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.”—Exodus 15:2
- “The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.”—Psalm 29:11
- “…Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”—Nehemiah 8:10
- “But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble.”—Psalm 37:39
- “I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”—Psalm 18:1-2
- “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”—Isaiah 40:31
- “Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.”—Psalm 31:24
- “The way of the Lord is strength for the upright…”—Proverbs 10:29
- “But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully…”—2 Timothy 4:17
- “But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me; O My Strength, hasten to help Me!”—Psalm 22:19
- “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”—Psalm 19:14
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”—Psalm 27:1
- “Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!”—Psalm 105:4
- “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.”—Psalm 118:14
- “Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’”—Isaiah 12:2
In all these scriptures, the wisdom and truth that God is our strength is confirmed!
He is our strength. Yet, that does not mean that we are to be idle. We are to seek the Lord. To wait upon Him. To choose courage. To walk in joy and praise. To let God’s Light and truth be known throughout the earth…
God’s strength is always available. He is always ready to be found by us. All we have to do is step toward Him. To stand on His Word. To request His strength, and He does the rest.
We do the little thing, and He does the big.
Lean Into God’s Strength
God is our strength. And it is not by might or power that we can access His strength… it is by leaning into Him. It is by accepting that HE is God and that we are not. It is by rejoicing in Him. It is by waiting upon Him. It is by accepting His loving arms…
In all of these we find His strength. Strength that permits us to stand safe in His arms through any tempest. Strength that is beyond earthly understanding!
Each of us has a choice. We can stand in our own strength, or stand in God’s.
It is a choice where, in many ways, we are choosing who is God… ourselves, or the Lord.
Are we willing to surrender control? Are we willing to let God ‘take the wheel’ and become our strength?
God’s precious love and strength are well worth the ‘cost.’
“And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”—1 John 4:16