Table of contents
While this may be unknown to many, knowing and understanding how to plead the blood of Jesus in prayer is a powerful way of seeking favor from the Courts of Heaven. The blood of Jesus washes away our sins and protects us from the enemy.
The blood of Jesus speaks on your behalf, covers everything, and reverses every curse levied against you.
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.”—Revelation 12:11
Indeed, there is power in the blood of Jesus.
The biggest challenge that we undergo, as modern-day Christians, is that we do not know how to present our requests to the Lord. And even when we do, we are not consistent enough to be victorious.
Remember, in consistency lies the victory!
- “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”—James 4:8
Stepping into a deeper covenant relationship with the Lord is the key to walking free. Day by day. Staying in alignment with His freedom protects you from the enemy’s endless attacks and temptations in this life.
Let us step into the courts and plead the blood of Jesus!
What Does It Mean to Plead the Blood of Jesus?
To understand the meaning of “plead the blood of Jesus,” you must know what the blood purchased for you when Jesus died on the cross.
According to Hebrews 10:19-23, Jesus’ blood paid the price so that we could have access to God, entering into the Holy of Holies.
The blood of Jesus…
- Draws us near
- Washes away our sins
- Grants us forgiveness
- Gives us eternal life
- Heals us
- Gives us joy
- Speaks on our behalf
Through the blood, we now have complete access to God and unrivaled intimacy with Him. A covenant relationship is made.
To plead the blood of Jesus means that we can…
- Enter into His presence
- Make our requests known
- Hear from Him
…all because a covenant has been made.
It’s time to understand that the manifestation of access is only seeable when we plead the blood of Jesus in prayer and testimony.
Misconception About Pleading the Blood of Jesus
There is a misconception that to plead the blood of Jesus is as begging for what you want. This, of course, is a twisted word from the enemy.
Think of it as an attorney pleading a case before a judge.
They do not beg. Instead, lawyers present facts and evidence for consideration. That’s the same way we should plead our case to our Righteous Judge in the Courts of Heaven.
This is what the Lord says in Isaiah 43:26: “Put Me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted.”
When Should We Plead the Blood of Jesus?
You see, the blood of Jesus covers everything. Therefore, we can call upon His blood for protection, deliverance, and forgiveness.
Again, while many of us make blanket pleas to the Righteous Judge, we need to be more definite with our requests and align them with the Word to achieve the desired effectiveness.
Plead the Blood of Jesus for…
- “For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”—Matthew 26:28
This Word reminds us that the blood of Jesus can wash away all our sins. So then, let us repent, confessing our sins and applying His blood so that we are forgiven and healed (see James 5:16).
- “…For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.”—1 Corinthians 5:7
The first Passover lambs’ blood was shed and smeared on the doorposts of the Israelite homes in Egypt, protecting them from the angel of death (see Exodus 12). The Lamb of God, Jesus, did the same with His blood, protecting us now and into eternity.
- “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.”—Isaiah 53:5
Plead the blood of Jesus over your health. This verse reminds us that we are healed because Jesus paid the price.
Provision and Deliverance
- “As for you also, because of the blood of your covenant, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.”—Zechariah 9:11
Plead the blood of Jesus for deliverance and provision in the Courts of Heaven. His blood is better than any sacrifice we could offer. It speaks on our behalf, declaring, “Justice has been satisfied. Freedom has been given. Provision has been released!”
Home and Family
- “Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.”—Exodus 12:13
As mentioned before, Jesus is our Passover Lamb. His blood covers us, and we can plead the blood of Jesus over our home and family. Decree in the Courts of Heaven that your home is a safe haven and a place of refuge in the darkness. Plead the blood of Jesus, requesting the Lord of all covers it entirely by His power so that any evil or schemes of the enemy will pass over it and your family inside.
5 Steps | Plead the Blood of Jesus
Now you know the importance of pleading the blood of Jesus. Now it’s time to activate it. Without activation, there is a limited manifestation in our lives. So then…
- Enter into the Heavenly Courts declaring who the Lord is and thanking Him for life and the blood of Jesus.
- Repent of what the Spirit brings to mind, acknowledging that Jesus shed His blood for you as a sinner and established a relationship between you and the Lord.
- Remind Him of His will as it is written in the Word.
- Mention your exact need and plead the blood of Jesus over it.
- Request God to carry out His will through His warring angels and come into agreement with Zechariah 4:6 that it won’t be done by might or power, but by His Spirit
The blood of Jesus is powerful, it covers all, and it resurrects things that are dead. It releases a verdict in your favor in the Courts of Heaven. Believers, you have a right to declare and plead the blood of Jesus because it saved you and purchased you. It supersedes all attacks, afflictions, and temptations.