Many of you have stepped in to provide comfort to those in need in the past and are also doing so now during the COVID-19 crisis. Your hands are reaching across the world, touching and helping Holocaust survivors during the coronavirus pandemic. To understand their great need and the extraordinary impact that you have made, let us take a moment to pause and reflect on how God is meeting those needs through your support.
They had needs before the pandemic. The pandemic has caused another set of needs to emerge. They can rest knowing they have the support they need to get through every tough time. That rest comes from you.
Psalm 46:1-3 says…
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.”
This verse reflects the power and authority of God. It reflects the way He strengthens and protects those who seek Him.
During the coronavirus pandemic, the Lord laid it on hearts of many to sow a seed of hope. We often think of these precious lives living through the horrific years of concentration camps, but in reality, the pain they experienced reached beyond the walls of the prison. Many still live with the painful memories of…
- And so much more
But each meal, blanket, sanitation product, heater, etc. that they receive is truly a seed of hope. You remind them that they are not forgotten. That they hold a great legacy, and that they are overcomers.
Helping Holocaust Survivors Before the Pandemic
Providing Heaters that Give Warmth in the Cold Months of Winter
In the cold winter months, the Holocaust survivors received space heaters for their apartments because of your generous giving. Your donations spread delightful smiles across their faces. Those smiles speak volumes, as you can see in the video above.
While blankets have also been provided, it comforts them also to have a small appliance that provides the additional heat and comfort needed during the cold winter months.
Pause and Reflect
Let us stop for a moment and reflect on the reasons we help others. Is it because we can identify with the pain? Is it because God has laid it on our hearts to help those in need? Whatever the personal reasons we have for being the hands and feet of Jesus, when we activate the desire that God has placed within our souls, we can hold on to and declare the promises that follow.
So, let’s be delighted in how the Lord is using you to bring hope and restoration to His chosen people!
- “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”—Psalm 37:4
- “Learn to do good; seek justice, rebuke the oppressor; defend the fatherless, plead for the widow.”—Isaiah 1:17
- “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.”—Psalm 91:14-15
- “But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.”—Matthew 6:3-4
Helping Holocaust Survivors During the Pandemic
Providing Sanitation Products and More to Keep Them Safe and Healthy in the Middle of the Crisis
When the crisis became a pandemic, you were there. You immediately stepped up to the call, helping Holocaust survivors during their time of need.
Curt Landry discussed during a Facebook LIVE video, about receiving a call from our Curt Landry Ministries team in Israel that works with the Holocaust survivors. Due to the pandemic, new needs developed…
- 240 boxes of matzah
- 240 packages of hygiene supplies
- Delivery trays… Because of the pandemic restrictions, the survivors can no longer meet in the common areas of their apartment buildings. Therefore, the food and meals that Curt Landry Ministries currently provides to the survivors must be delivered individually. As a result, serving trays are needed to deliver meals to individual doorsteps.
- Emergency lights… There have been some recent power outages in Israel. As a result, many do not have lights or power at various times.
Thank you for helping Holocaust survivors during this time of great need! With each passing day, the needs continue. Sanitary packages, food, and heaters have been delivered, but just as you are experiencing, the sanitation products and food eventually run out.
Let’s Keep Helping Holocaust Survivors!
Every dollar helps. Every dollar given is a seed of hope sown into the lives of the precious people—people who have survived and come through unimaginable circumstances. They will, with our help, emerge on the other side of this pandemic with strength and hope, just as we will.
Pause and Reflect
So, let’s take a moment to praise God for the work He is doing in the lives of Holocaust survivors today. We want to pause and reflect, lifting up a hallelujah and a shout for joy for your generosity. You are already acting in ways that position them to receive a multitude of blessings from the Father.
We all need His love and blessings. And while chaos surrounds us, you are providing calmness in the storm for many. Thank you.
Want to sow a seed of hope, helping Holocaust survivors in Israel? Click HERE and give today! Any amount and every dollar will help.