“Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasant to the Lord, as in the days of old, as in former years.”—Malachi 3:4
Passover, Shavuot, and Sukkot are the three pilgrim feasts when the Jewish people would journey from their homes to Jerusalem in order to bring an offering to the Lord.
Can you imagine the commitment of this journey? It was a long, tiring, and arduous task that required great commitment and sacrifice. But it was worth it! Obedience is always worth the sacrifice.
It was very important for each family to bring a gift to the Lord during the Pilgrim Feasts. They were sowing an offering in obedience and believing for provision for the rest of the year. Their seed was an investment into their future.
These men and their families understood that if they gave God what little they had, He would give them what they needed in the days and years to come.
I know that the phrase “name it and claim it” has been overused and perhaps abused in the past several years, but I truly believe in naming your seed and expecting something good from our Father in return. Obedience releases blessing!
Consider the promises of Malachi 3:10-12. I challenge you to claim these promises over the next offering you bring to the Lord, and have faith for a return:
1. “Try Me now in this…” (vs. 10.) We decree and declare that the windows of Heaven are open above you, your family, your ministries and your businesses!
2. “…and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.” (vs. 10.) We decree and declare that the blessings of the Lord will overtake and overflow you!
3. “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes…” (vs. 11.) We decree and declare that the devourer is rebuked for your sake and the sake of your family!
4. “…so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground…” (vs. 11.) We decree and declare that Satan will not destroy the fruit of your ground; neither shall your vine cast its fruit in the field before its time! We decree that God's perfect timing will be evident in your life!
5. “…and all nations will call you blessed.” (vs. 12.) We decree and declare that all the nations shall call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land!
It is time for us to trust in the Lord, march forward, and sow toward where we want go! It is time for us to decree a return! Sow in faith during this Passover season and throughout the coming year!
Invest in your future!