Do you feel as if your life is upside down and you can’t keep your head above water? Do you want to follow God’s path for your life, but can’t quite seem to figure out what it is or how to do it?
It’s important to know that the enemy uses distractions and busyness to knock us off God’s path for His highest and best… but the good news is that we have authority, in Christ, over the enemy’s distractions. Did you know that everything that you do could be placed under God’s shield of protection, allowing you to begin to walk in all His ways—upon His path of life?
- “You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence.”—Psalm 16:11
What captivates your attention away from God? The only way to be set free from worldly pleasures is to replace them with Godly pleasures. Where do you run when you are down, overwhelmed, or anxious? We are going to examine how to be filled with joy in God’s presence and replace those addictive habits with God’s wonderful peace.
Establishing biblical principles in your life will place you on a path of God’s ways and under His shield of protection.
Let’s examine three practical ways to stand firm on His path for your life…
- Make a choice to exchange. The way the world tells us to deal with stress, depression and anxiety. These are all temporal issues that can steal your peace and joy. Therefore, make a proactive, conscience decision to exchange these temporal emotions for God’s presence—His perfect peace and joy.
- “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”—Romans 12:2
- Give thanks in all things. Thanking God when your situation seems dire can be a struggle. However, God’s Word says to rejoice always. When you pray and thank God for His active hand in your life, no matter the situation, it is pleasing to the LORD and opens your heart to be filled with His presence.
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”—1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Get into God’s Word. We cannot find God’s will for our lives if we are not in His Word. He speaks to us through the scriptures. When you find yourself angry, anxious or downcast, go to His Word for His direction and protection.
- “For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”—Hebrews 4:12
- “Every Word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.”—Proverbs 30:5
I pray this is has been an encouragement for you today. God does have a path of joy and peace for your life. Remember, as you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you. May He shine His face upon you!