As we move further into the biblical year 5782, as 2021 ends and we start 2022, let us remember what the number 2 represents—partnership.
I want to encourage you to finish the year well, partnering with the Lord because He desires to partner with you. He desires unity with you. He desires unity among Believers. This is why we are made as One New Man—Jew and Gentile coming together in unity with Christ.
Finish… and Finish Well So You Can Start Positioning Yourself For…
…as you enter 2022.
He desires to lead you to new levels of faith, but you must take His hand and trust Him.
He also wants you to prayerfully consider who you partner with in the natural…
- Do they desire unity?
- Do they sow good seeds or seeds of discord?
- Do they encourage obedience as you walk out your faith?
When you partner with those who desire unity among the brethren (Psalm 133:1-3), sow according to God’s Word (Luke 6:38), and encourage you to obey the Lord (1 Samuel 15:22), there is divine protection and blessing that is poured out among the Body of Messiah.
Reflecting on this positioning as the year comes to an end, and moving into the new year, prepares you to finish and finish well.
Know. See. Feel.
As you prepare to finish and finish well, I want you to…
- KNOW: Finishing well is a choice. It takes focus, determination, passion, and purpose. It involves commitment and dedication, being obedient to your calling in order to experience victory in your life.
- SEE: Reflecting on your goals is critical if you want to finish and finish well. The goals you set help you identify what you are called to do and positions you to stay in your lane.
- FEEL: Feeling the love of the Father releases confidence. It opens the doors to better understand your covenant with Him. He wants you to know that if you do the small part… He will do the big part on your behalf.
Now it is Time to A.C.T.
How do you finish and finish well? You apply the Word, change and act according to the Word, and as a result, you are transformed.
You partner with the Lord and partner with those He has called you to.
A — Apply Obedience
Apply obedience. First Samuel 15:22 says, “So Samuel said: ‘Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams.’”
Understand that obeying the voice of God is pleasing, it’s protecting, and it releases blessings. Obey because you know His thoughts and ways are higher than yours. His thoughts and plans are best, and they are good for you.
C — Change of Action
The change of action taken to finish and finish well at the end of the year is from Luke 6:38, “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
Give, and it will be given. The Lord protects and blesses us so that we can protect and bless others. Giving helps you to finish and finish well. It positions you to reap in the next year what you’ve sown this year.
T — Be Transformed by the Power of Christ
Ephesians 3:20 says, “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us…”
As you obey and give, expect abundance. Don’t enter the new year putting the Lord in a box. The love of Christ is intended to fill you with the fullness of God as you enter 2022 and move forward in 5782.
To finish this year well, prayerfully consider an end-of-year donation so that…
- You can continue to be a bridge of unity and love to those in Israel
- You can be positioned to receive God’s favor in the coming year
- Others—both Jews and Gentiles—will be blessed and come to know the Father’s love
Giving plants seeds in the ground so that you are ready to receive what the Lord has for you, and you can bless others in obedience.
Reflect on Your Goals. Have a Plan. Finish… and Finish Well.
Many of you set financial, spiritual, and relational goals at the beginning of the year. It’s time to reflect on those goals, checking in on how you did. Maybe you accomplished some, and maybe you missed others. Whatever progress was made, now is a time to reset and finish strong.
As you enter the new year, ask the Lord, “God, how do you want me to prosper in the coming year?”
Are you ready to receive favor in the year ahead?
Then finish this year with abundance in your spiritual account, not debt. When you start the year off right and in alignment, first fruits flow forward!