Spiritual warfare exists between Satan’s demonic hosts and Jesus’ heavenly hosts. The enemy’s tactics are powerful, but God’s weapons are greater. And you have access to them. You can be victorious!
Join Curt Landry and Dr. Tony Evans on Monday,
as they discuss spiritual warfare.
What is Spiritual Warfare?
Just as God has a divine plan to make all things work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28), the enemy also has a plan. However, his plan is not for you. It is to bring harm and destruction.
- “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.”—1 Peter 5:8-9 (emphasis added)
Spiritual warfare is a battle between good and evil. The evil enemy uses fear, doubt, and unbelief to creep in and wreak havoc in nearly every area of your life: spiritual, physical, emotional, personal, and professional.
- “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”—John 10:10 (emphasis added)
What Does Satan Want to Steal?
The enemy is a thief and the father of lies (John 8:44). He comes to distract you from your…
- Christ-given Identity
- Spirit-driven purpose
- Covenant confidence in the Father
The enemy lies about who you are and God’s love for you. He wants to steal your inherited blessings as a child of God.
- “In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
“In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, why is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.”—Ephesians 1:11-14
Satan’s agenda is that you will start to align with lies, believing them until they consume your mind, will, and emotions.
Good News… God Gives You a Weapon!
On the other hand, God also has a plan, one that is pure, full of truth, and restorative. God’s battle plan involves prayer, decreeing God’s Word, and resting in His covenant promises, just to name a few.
- “The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”—Exodus 14:14
- “You have also given me the shield of Your salvation…”—Psalm 18:35
Fighting these battles on your own never works for long. We must operate within the will of God.
- “Many times, something will be sent by the enemy to frighten, distract, and destroy the task that God has intended for us to complete. Touching what we are not assigned to can often have dramatic, and sometimes deadly, results, because we have chosen to operate outside of alignment of God’s will.”—Curt Landry
God gives you His full armor.
- “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”—Ephesians 6:11
What Weapons to Use in Spiritual Warfare…
- The breastplate of righteousness
- The Gospel of peace
- The shield of faith
- The helmet of salvation
- The sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
These weapons are discussed in depth in Dr. Tony Evans’ new book, Victory in Spiritual Warfare: Outfitting Yourself for the Battle.
Dr. Tony Evans’ book is packed with practical teaching. Add Curt Landry’s book Reclaiming Your Forgotten Heritage, and you are equipped to walk in confidence and live victoriously. You’ll come to know your identity, purpose, and covenant relationship with the Father in new ways. You will be able to battle strongholds in your life using the Word of God!
Use God’s Word in Spiritual Battles
When we decide to pray God’s Word and promises over our situations, our thoughts begin to change.
Hosea 4:6 tells us that we are destroyed from a lack of knowledge. God’s will is not for our destruction from a lack of knowledge, but rather to seek His ways and live an abundant life empowered by the Holy Spirit.
To do that, we have to invite His way of thinking into our mindsets. Then we will have the peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7) and be transformed by the Holy Spirit (Romans 12:2).
We must know and call upon your covenant rights in God mapped out in His Word. Your covenant rights are…
- To activate His armor
- To approach His throne
- To have a healthy mind, body, and soul
- To be free
- To have authority
- To expect good
Praying in Spiritual Warfare
In Matthew 6, Jesus teaches the disciples about the power of prayer (Matthew 6:5-15). He models a prayer we refer to as the Lord’s Prayer.
The Lord’s Prayer is all about relationship and your entrance into the Courts of Heaven. When you position yourself in your true, God-given identity, God invites you into His courts so that He may…
- Reveal His glory to you
- Pour out His glory upon you, as a son or daughter
- Allow you to claim your “bread” of provision
- Give you an anointing and assignment
- Fight your battles for you
Prayer is a powerful weapon in spiritual warfare! You won’t want to miss Dr. Tony Evans’ and Curt Landry’s revelatory Facebook Live chat coming up to gain prophetic insights into how to live victoriously.
Here’s How to Watch Dr. Tony Evans and Curt Landry Discuss Spiritual Warfare…
- Follow Curt Landry Ministries on Facebook HERE
- Mark your calendar for Monday, May 11, 7:00 PM CT
- Listen and Watch on the Curt Landry Ministries Facebook page (don’t forget to “Like” and “Share” too) as Dr. Tony Evans and Curt Landry discuss the spiritual warfare, battling in righteousness in today’s culture and covenant.
Isn’t it time to break through the strongholds in your life? If you answered, “Yes!” then you won’t want to miss this powerful Facebook Live.