As we continue to analyze some decrees and proclamations for Jubilee Year 5776, we take a look at another passage from Galatians that we call the Decree Over Our Ability to Receive and Release. That passage, which is from Galatians 5, verses 22 and 23, is as follows:
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
The general idea of this passage is that the cost of sin is death, but if we choose to live in the fruit of the Spirit, we will not have death, but everlasting life.
Paul, in writing to the Galatians, is trying to explain to potential new Christians the kind of benefits that come with giving oneself over to God and the Holy Spirit. All of these feelings, “love, joy peace…” etc. are such powerful words, and in the Jubilee Year of Abundance, what is more abundant than these gifts of the Spirit?
In his epistles, Paul often talks about the “law,” especially in his letters to the Romans. But here, in talking about these powerful feelings and emotions, he says there “is no law” against them. This idea of freedom coming from love, joy and peace is something he really is trying to emphasize to a people who are only just beginning to entertain the notion of coming to God and believing in Jesus as the Messiah.
Here are decrees that can help you meditate on this passage throughout this Jubilee Year of Abundance:
- In the name of Yeshua, I am loved, and I can receive love.
- In the name of Yeshua, I have joy, and I can receive joy.
- In the name of Yeshua, I have shalom, and I can receive shalom.
- In the name of Yeshua, I am long suffering.
- In the name of Yeshua, I have kindness; I can give kindness, and receive kindness.
- In the name of Yeshua, I am good, and I have goodness.
- In the name of Yeshua, I am a faithful person. I am faithful parent, faithful spouse, and a faithful child. I am a faithful friend.
- Thank you Lord for Your faithfulness in me.
- Thank you Lord, that You have anointed me with gentleness.
- Thank you Lord, that it is the Jubilee year of my abundance, and because of this I will have abundant self-control… because the joy of the Lord is my strength—in Yeshua’s name—Amen!