As many of us are starting to settle into the idea that we will be spending a lot more time at home, we also realize that the daily or weekly connections we had with other Believers are coming to a halt for a time.
The enemy wants nothing more than for God’s people to sit at home and worry about what could happen. However, God has given us an opportunity. He has given YOU an opportunity.
He is allowing a shaking to take place right now and asking the remnant to stand up and be strong in the faith.
“Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.”—Romans 11:5
You have been grafted into Israel and are included in their covenant promises.
You are part of the remnant.
You have been elected by grace to sow seeds of hope during this time of opportunity.
Will you act upon it?
An Opportunity for Unity
How are you connecting with others during this COVID-19 pandemic to sow seeds of hope? What are you doing to fill your mind with a good Word from the Lord?
God has given us an opportunity to renew our minds and spirits with His Kingdom promises. Let us step into His presence, calm our souls, and stay connected. Ask Him to reveal to you opportunities for unity in this hour.
Here Are 3 Ways to Calm Your Soul and 3 Ways to Stay Connected During the COVID-19 Crisis:
Calming Your Soul
1. Stay in God’s Word. You have likely experienced distractions over the past several days that have tried to pull you away from time in God’s Word. Understand this is an assignment of the enemy. He wants God’s people to look at circumstances around them instead of going to the Word first.
Satan understands the power that God’s Word has to calm your soul. He wants you anxious and worrying. But God wants you to remember His benefits and stay connected to His Word. It is His Word that restores your soul (Psalm 23:2-3).
Declare Psalm 103 today!
“Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”—Psalm 103:1-5
2. Make a list of how God has been faithful in your life. During trials, our minds are naturally pulled toward negative mindsets, remembering only the bad. But God’s thoughts are higher than ours. There is an opportunity for you to align your thoughts with God’s and think of higher things.
When you begin seeing life through God’s Word, it changes everything. Circumstances and situations come into focus as you see them through the Word. You suddenly see the open door He has for you to speak life. As you are journaling the times God’s goodness prevailed, ask the Spirit to reveal to you who needs to hear them today.
There is an enemy who is trying to make war against God’s people and the nation through this COVID-19 pandemic. It is time we remember and recount God’s promises and “blot out the remembrance of Amalek.”
“Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.’”—Exodus 17:14
3. Speak Life to Those in Your Family. This is an opportunity to speak life into your family. God wants us to leave a legacy that connects the next generation to Him. He has presented an open door for us to plant seeds of hope into the lives of those who we are in close contact with during this time. What He has opened no one can shut (Revelation 3:8)!
Do you have kids or grandkids in your home who aren’t going to school? Take this opportunity to sit down with them and study God’s Word together.
Are you and your spouse working from home? Take time each day to pray in agreement with God’s promise of protection and provision.
How we choose to respond during this time can position us to receive new blessings, new assignments, and new levels of faith in the next season. God is raising the next generation for His Kingdom. As Believers, we can use this time to calm our minds and plant seeds that will produce a great harvest of souls in the future.
“One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works. Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, and I will declare Your greatness. They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, and shall sing of Your righteousness.”—Psalm 145:4-7
It’s essential to stay in God’s Word right now, but it’s also critical that we stay connected to each other.
- Where two or three are gathered in Jesus’ name, He is there (Matthew 18:20).
- A three-stranded cord is not easily broken (Ecclesiastes 4:12).
- Group prayer and fasting drives out evil spirits (Mark 9:29).
- Corporate prayer heals (James 5:14-15).
God’s Word said that we should not neglect meeting with each other. So how do we do that during this time? The enemy wants you to think there is no way, but again, we see God has opened a spiritual and virtual door.
1. Meet us on Live Stream. We are still live streaming, click HERE for our services every Friday at 7:45 PM CT. Join others around the nation and the globe as we worship and use this opportunity to unify the Body of Christ.
2. Meet on Facebook. Follow us on Facebook and get up updates, resources, and live videos. Curt Landry has been posting Facebook lives daily to keep you updated and informed. We also would love to see you leave words of encouragement and prayers for each other.
3. Give someone a call or shoot them a text. Think about those who you want to connect with but can’t right now. Pick up the phone and give them a call or shoot them a text. Share a Word from the Lord that you received during your quiet time, a message from a live stream, or a prayer from our Facebook group.
We are in a season of sowing hope. How you respond, how we all respond, will position us to prosper in the next season. Let us calm our souls and stay connected!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE download Spiritual Protection for Your Health and Wealth, do that HERE!