In the first part of our series we looked at how the enemy uses blockers to keep us locked-up in spiritual, emotional and physical bondages. These blockers keep us from walking in the fullness of our inheritance—from God’s ordained purpose in our lives.
It has come to my attention over the years that very few Believers actually walk in freedom, experiencing the fullness of God and what His plans are for us. The time has come to realize that we have our names written in the Book of Life and that we are blessed, in Yeshua.
The enemy wants to steal from and distract you from what is promised to you. Our task is to identify and overcome blockages in order to activate the fullness of His blessings over our lives. Here is a list of blockages that every Believer can take authority over so that freedom will reign in its fullness throughout their lives…
- Freedom from fear. This fullness and freedom is blocked by a spirit of fear. This spirit couples with the fear of rejection, and hinders Believers from experiencing love and acceptance from others. I’ve also seen the spirit of fear block the truth of God’s love. We must cut off this spirit, starving it. We want to live in freedom and not dwell in the spirit of fear!
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind.”—2 Timothy 1:7
- Freedom from unhealthy patterns in relationships. Blockage from this freedom is multidimensional. When we need approval from people it will block peace and relationship with God and man.
“Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?”—2 Corinthians 6:14
If we become unequally yoked, it can cause doubt and unbelief to creep in, thus giving your shield and protection away. Protect your blessing!
- Freedom from doubt and unbelief. This block seems to consume many Believers, and if I may be completely honest… is offensive to God. The enemy loves to see the Father’s children doubt Him. Satan knows that when doubt is present, physical and emotional healing are blocked. We must replace doubt and unbelief with the truth of God’s Word!
“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”—Romans 10:17
- Freedom from the spirit of pride. At the root of a spirit of pride is a spirit of fear. We become entangled with covering up our weaknesses and imperfections. We must deal with these areas honestly, and humbly go before the Lord. Remember who you are in Yeshua!
“And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”—2 Corinthians 12:9
- Freedom of Godly discernment, truth and wisdom. We must understand that to grow biblical knowledge, we must spend time in God’s Word. Lack of spiritual experience, maturity and biblical truth blocks the fullness and blessings of God. We must be in the Word to know God’s will and purpose—His instruction.
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”—2 Timothy 3:16-17The truth is, there is a competition going on, but it’s not with flesh and blood, it’s with the enemy. He knows you belong to the Lord and that your citizenship is in Heaven, but the devil desires to distract you from your freedom and blessings. You are separated for a divine and specific purpose. The time is now to tear down the walls that block your spiritual freedom!
“When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations.”—Deuteronomy 18:9