- Transcription from Podcast (Revised for Readability)
- The Appointed Time of Shavuot/Pentecost
- What Happens When We Don’t Understand the Spiritual Significance of Counting Down the Omer?
- The Significance of Counting Down the Omer | Anticipating the Empowerment
- How to Protect Yourself During Counting Down the Omer
- Victories This Past Year | Visiting Israel
We are in a spiritually significant season—the 50 days called Counting Down the Omer. This time between Passover and Shavuot (Pentecost) is critical to understand if you want to walk in Kingdom authority and be empowered by the Holy Spirit for what is coming.
This 50-day period sits between two appointed times on God’s calendar when you can embrace exponential growth and blessings.
In the spiritual realm, we’ve just observed Passover, and now we are journeying to the upper room of empowerment during Shavuot.
Join Rabbi Curt Landry as he uses the disciples on the road to Emmaus to illustrate how we need to be walking toward the “upper room” in the spirit to receive empowerment, not away from it.
This is a critical time to…
- Stay in faith
- Stay in unity
- Stay in believing
This is what Counting Down the Omer is all about. Decree and declare God’s Word during this significant time and journey to the upper room to receive your empowerment.
Transcription from Podcast (Revised for Readability)
Shalom. Rabbi Curt Landry here with Ancient Principles, Kingdom Authority. It's time to understand the times and seasons through the Jewish roots of the faith like never before.
The Appointed Time of Shavuot/Pentecost
I want to talk to you about the appointed time of the Feast of Shavuot, Pentecost, and the spiritual warfare that is taking place right now as we approach this prophetically significant time.
You may have heard me talk about Counting Down the Omer; this is the 50 days between Passover and Shavuot, which we are in right now.
It is important to know that after you have an encounter like Passover, where the blood of the Lamb delivered you out of slavery, you start a new journey into empowerment. This is an opportunity for you to expect and embrace exponential growth where you can 10 times things in your life.
I've learned in over 33 years of keeping the feasts that this time between Passover and Shavuot/Pentecost, these 50 days, there's probably more potential for blessings, revelation, and growth than any other time.
What Happens When We Don’t Understand the Spiritual Significance of Counting Down the Omer?
You’re approaching the finish line of Counting Down the Omer, almost to Shavuot. What happens if we don’t understand the spiritual significance of this time? What do we need to be alerted to as we approach the finish line?
We Walk Away Rather Than Toward the Upper Room
Luke 24 | The Road to Emmaus
Let’s go to a biblical story that took place during Counting Down of the Omer in Jesus’ day. There were two disciples who were with Jesus in Jerusalem, and they had sat under His teaching. He was crucified, died, was buried, and rose again.
After hearing reports of Jesus being in a resurrected state and the promises that He made, they choose to go on a road called Emmaus. They were headed out of town, away from Jerusalem, and away from the upper room.
They had Passover, they were in the 50-days, and the upper room experience was coming, and they're going in the opposite direction of the divine appointment. They headed away from their empowerment.
So often, people get delivered at Passover but don't finish it and get to the empowerment at Shavuot. We recently were on a trip to Israel, and it was powerful. We went to the Garden Tomb, and the Lord was dealing with me. Most Christians know Jesus as going to the tomb but not as resurrected, sitting at the right hand of the Father. Most Christians think of Jesus this way: He died. But they don’t think or know Jesus in the resurrected power state.
Let’s circle back to the road to Emmaus…
So you have these two disciples walking on the road to Emmaus during Counting Down the Omer. They received the teaching; they received the promise. Jesus died, He said He would rise, He Has, and now they're questioning whether or not He did rise from the dead.
Some women said that they'd seen him. They said the body's missing, the stone's rolled away, but they're walking away from the city. They're walking in the opposite direction of their empowerment. That's why in Counting Down the Omer is so important.
So these two guys are walking, and Jesus walks up and asks them what they're talking about. They challenge Him. They're blinded to who is talking to them. He's walking in this resurrected state. They basically say to Him, “Don't You know what just happened? It was like the world had shifted. It's the most awful thing. They crucified our Messiah.” They weren’t focused on the positive results that He told them before He would die and resurrect. That He must do this. He has resurrected and they're not believing or seeing it.
Then they say something like, “Hey, listen, we're so enjoying the conversation with You. Would You come and let's break bread together?” They take Him into a place and He lifts up the bread and He speaks the blessing. And as soon as He breaks the bread, their eyes open, and they go, “Oh my gosh, it's You!” And they see Him, and then He disappears. And what did they do? They turn around, and they start heading back to Jerusalem, back to that upper room.
The Significance of Counting Down the Omer | Anticipating the Empowerment
The Counting Down the Omer is anticipating the empowerment to come during this 50-day period of time.
- Yes, you received deliverance at Passover.
- Yes, you got blessed with the nine blessings of Passover.
Now you're on a journey to empowerment. So are you going to stay in unity, stay in faith, stay in believing, because that's what the counting down of the Omer is.
What to Do During This Time
I recommend decreeing and declaring the nine blessings of Passover listed in Exodus 23 during Counting Down the Omer. I would declare them every day.
How to Protect Yourself During Counting Down the Omer
How do you protect yourself with scripture and prayer during Counting Down the Omer? I am going to give you an example of how to protect yourself during this time.
- Put God into remembrance of His Word. From our Haggadah from Passover, we speak out what God says.
For example, if you go to the page with the fourth cup of praise and you go to Exodus 23, I would just do the “all says” portion because you're quoting scripture.
I’ll show you how this works.
- “Father God, we decree as an official order in the legal authority of declaring and announcing the beginning of for you and for me, my partners that are listening and the family and friends and myself that Lord, during this Counting Down of the Omer. We declare the Passover blessings that come from Exodus 23.”
- “Father God, we decree and lay hold of the promise of divine protection in the Courts of Heaven. Your Word says in Exodus 23: 20, let it be recorded and released today in my books, in my life. ‘Behold, I send an angel before you to keep you in the way, to bring you into the places which I have prepared for you.’ I decree and declare, let's all say I decree and declare, that you have divine protection over your family and your business affairs, in Yeshua's name.”
- “Father God, according to Exodus 23: 22, Your Word says, position and alignment provides protection from my enemies. Your Word says, let it be recorded today in my courts and my book as I decree it, Lord, in your courts what the Word says about me. ‘But if I indeed obey His voice and do all that He speaks, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and adversary to your adversaries.’ Let's all say this together. I decree and declare that you will be correctly aligned and in the center of the Lord's will.”
- “Father God, I declare commissioning and divine authority, according to Exodus 23:24. ‘You shall not bow down to their gods nor serve them, nor do according to their works, but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred altars.’ All say, say with me, I decree and declare that you will be commissioned this year to walk in the divine authority and supernatural power, in Yeshua's name.”
We just read through the first three, but you can get your Haggadah and decree them all on a daily basis. This is how you stay protected during spiritual warfare.
You don't want to become like the two guys on the road to Emmaus heading away from the promise. You want to be planning on being there. I want to invite you to join Curt Landry Ministries on the live stream for Shavuot 5783. Don't be heading someplace else. Yes, you got free at Passover. Let's get empowered at Shavuot/Pentecost.
Victories This Past Year | Visiting Israel
Here are some victories we’ve seen in the past year. One of the biggest victories that we had this year was taking our media team and going to the land of Israel. We’ve proclaimed and decreed this nearly three and half years.
The Lord told me to prophesy into the mayor of Jerusalem, and we did. He told me to speak into Jewish Agency and into all the immigrants coming in, and we did. He told me to speak into the new Minister of Defense for protection, and we did.
All these things were proclaimed. God gave us the word we decreed and declare it just like what you're doing right now with the Passover blessings. All of this happened right before Passover. God gave us that freedom. And you see things starting to turn around in Israel.
We’re watching a shift take place. We’re watching Bible prophecy unfold. Some of the meetings we had there… We even had a meeting with a Catholic head priest at the Garden of Gethsemane. So, I mean, God is bringing the unification of the threefold chord, the One New Man, and that ambassadorial-type spirit upon you and upon me.
And I want to encourage you that if you want to be a part of a new move of God, you need to look at the ancient moves of God, for that's the reason for this podcast. Ancient principles will lead you into modern-day Kingdom authority. So glad to have you. I'll see you next time.
Curt Landry, founder of Curt Landry Ministries, and his wife, Christie, travel extensively, preaching and teaching about the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. Together, their passion is to empower families to live and leave Kingdom legacies and understand their own personal heritage.