Throughout the last few months, our newspapers and evening news programs have been inundated with reports about ISIS, the newest and strongest terror threat against the United States and the entire world. While much has been made of the United States journalists captured and killed at the hands of these terrorists (and rightfully so), there are thousands more people who have become silent, nameless victims to this force of evil in the Middle East.
However, it’s important to note that ISIS is not al-Qaida. Many people have mistakenly confused the two organizations, but there are some fundamental differences between the two, including:
• ISIS fights far more like a conventional army, whereas al-Qaida’s methods had to be adapted to and were very difficult to combat as a result
• ISIS is significantly more brutal and violent than al-Qaida, which should say something about the pervasive evil that guides this organization
• ISIS has more followers than al-Qaida ever did because of its recruitment in Syria
• ISIS has not yet attacked the United States, but has made it clear that it intends to
• Al-Qaida relied on funding from donors to be able to engage in its evil, whereas ISIS has been able to rely on black market sales and other illicit activities
Simply put, ISIS is the largest and most-funded army of terrorists in the world today, and possibly the biggest the world has ever seen. As it spreads its reach throughout the Middle East it will come closer and closer to touching Israel, which has already been greatly affected by centuries of war against them.
Curt Landry Ministries is devoted to promoting peace in the face of terror threats like that of ISIS. So long as these evil organizations exist to attempt to make the world a darker and more frightening place, we will continue to work to provide the innocent people of Israel and the Middle East with the light of hope through our mission work.
If you have any questions about the mission work being done in the Middle East by Curt Landry Ministries or would like to contribute, we would be happy to speak with you more. Contact us today. We also greatly appreciate your prayers, both for our work and for the people of Israel and everyone affected by forces of evil like ISIS.