The Final Countdown…
The Belt of truth is around the loin. For a modern-day Believer, we understand that the belt, in ancient times, represented authority and identity. And it’s still true today. In the spirit, the “belt of truth” represents who we are in Christ and the authority from which we operate as a Child of God.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness.”—Ephesians 6:10-14
Your Identity in the Truth is What Sets You FREE…
To receive a supernatural identity, we must have a supernatural experience where our old identity is transformed into who we are in Him.
The Counting Down of the Omer
Between Passover and Shavuot, there are fifty-days of introspection that takes place. Historically, Shavuot commemorated the time when Moses received the Torah on Mount Sinai. It also commemorates the time of Pentecost, when the power of the Holy Spirit was first released on those gathered in the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
As we anxiously await to celebrate Shavuot, we invite the Lord to search our hearts so that we might receive His instruction through the fire of the Holy Spirit. It is a time to deal with the issues of our soul —the place that identifies with who we were, and that keeps us from becoming who God calls us to be.
When we choose to ignore the call of God to set time aside specifically during this time, just like the ten Hebrew spies who spoke in disbelief, we, too, will miss our opportunity to cross into the promised land.
Let these reminders go deep…
- The Nine Blessings of Passover
- PROMISE of DIVINE PROTECTION: I Decree and Declare that I will have divine protection over my family and business! “Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.”—Exodus 23:20
- POSITIONING and ALIGNMENT PROVIDES PROTECTION from YOUR ENEMIES: I Decree and Declare that I will be in correct alignment and at the center of the Lord’s will! “But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.”—Exodus 23:22
- COMMISSIONING of DIVINE AUTHORITY: I Decree and Declare that I will be commissioned this year to walk in divine authority! “You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars.”—Exodus 23:24
- SUPERNATURAL HEALTH and KINGDOM PROSPERITY: I Decree and Declare that I will walk in Godly health and Kingdom prosperity! “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.”—Exodus 23:25
- COVENANT PROTECTION for MULTIPLICATION and LONGEVITY: I Decree and Declare that I am free from all satanic witchcraft, false decrees and covenants, curses, hexes, and all Baal structures that lead to the abortion of my spiritual assignments! “No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.”—Exodus 23:26
- A GODLY RELEASE of FEAR and RESPECT from YOUR ENEMIES: I Decree and Declare a release of the fear of the Lord—the beginning of wisdom within me. My enemies will have a respect for the Lord in me—they will not touch the Lord’s anointed in words, actions, or deeds! “I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.”—Exodus 23:27
- THE LORD WILL DRIVE OUT YOUR ENEMIES: I Decree and Declare that the warring angels and the heavenly hosts of Zion will be released from Heaven to do spiritual warfare on my behalf! “And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite from before you.”—Exodus 23:28
- THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU DOMINION and INCREASE YOUR INHERITANCE: I Decree and Declare the release of my ability to perceive and receive my dominion and my inheritance! “Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land.”—Exodus 23:30
- FREEDOM from CORRUPT COVENANTS: I Decree and Declare that I will be free and cleansed from all false covenants and destructive relationships! “They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me. For if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you.”—Exodus 23.33
At Passover, each year we receive the nine blessings, referred to in Exodus 23. Each year continue to grow in our new Christ-like identity. The story of Passover is a story of new beginnings, so each year as we celebrate, we choose to place the past behind us starting anew—marching toward the promises God has given us.
- Reconciling Our Soul
The soul is considered our mind, will, and emotions…
Each year it should be our goal to become more and more like Yeshua. As we enter into the Passover season, we understand that He is again peeling back any layer of our soul that does not align with the Word of God. However, while we may have received the impartation the instant our feet were beneath His table, the transition from the soulish desires of last year, often takes time to be removed.
This is why God gives us the fifty-day period of time to reflect and inquire before we arrive at the place of instruction for the New Year.
How can we move forward then, if we will not deal with these issues of our heart now?
In order to abide with His presence with regard to our new identity, we must listen and obey during the strategic season of the countdown.
- Beware of DISTRACTIONS!
A word of caution… When God has called us to set time aside with Him, whether it be in our daily devotions, or in a moed on God’s calendar, we must not get distracted. The Bible is full of examples of those who chose to operate in their own understanding, rather than search the scripture and hearken to the voice of God.
So, too, during times like the counting down of the omer, be prepared for interference to come. Make up your mind to stay focused on Him and the transformation that is taking place within you.
Anything that we are not willing to let go of, Satan WILL use as a distraction.
God is preparing each one of us in the fifty-days between Passover and Shavuot, to become so worn out with ourselves, that we are willing to lay our own agendas down in exchange for the fresh fire of God that burns away anything that isn’t fully ordained by Him.
We invite you to join us LIVE as we complete these final days of counting, with a very special Shavuot weekend celebration.