We are in a season of turning and aligning. The new Hebrew year, 5783, has begun and God is moving through families. We are in a season of Malachi 4:6…
● “And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers…”
God isn’t only making us—spirit, soul, and body—whole, He is releasing wholeness to families, aligning and uniting their visions and purposes with His.
Instruction for Family Security
God’s vision and purpose for families are to provide security to everyone in it. This is why the enemy is attacking the security of families by tearing down fathers, separating parents, and causing strife among siblings and parents. Satan is always against what God is for. And God is for families.
As born-again Believers, we have access to biblical and spiritual knowledge. But it is up to us to use it. The Bible gives us practical instruction to align our family’s vision and purpose with God’s.
What is the practical instruction revealed through God’s Word?
- Seek His Kingdom first: The Bible says that seeking God’s Kingdom and His righteousness first positions you to receive provision (see Matthew 6:33). When you wake up, thank Him for the day, seek Him in all you do, and He will add to you what needs to be added.
- Stay in alignment with His calendar: Observing the Feasts of the Lord positions you to receive practical instruction from God’s Word about you and your family.
- Serve one another: Look for ways to serve your spouse, children, and parents, not out of obligation but out of love. It has been said that humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less. Humbly serve those in your family, and your children will learn to do the same.
As You Look to the Bible for Practical Instruction…
KNOW: God has a vision and purpose for your family.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”—Proverbs 22:6
SEE: Have a plan to deal with issues, pains, and hurts.
“Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.”—Proverbs 16:3
FEEL: Be confident that God is on your side, and you will succeed.
“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”—Psalm 118:6
A.C.T. Malachi 3 and 4
Malachi 3 and 4 tell about the coming day of the Lord. There will be a burning up of wickedness and wrongdoings. But for those who fear His name, they will receive healing in His wings and will be like stall-fed calves, jumping about with joy and freedom, trampling the wicked beneath their feet. There will be a reconciliation of the family like never before, and at the heart of the reconciliation is Father God.
A—Apply Malachi 4. Trust that God sees what is happening in the world today and is uniting families. There is a promised reconciliation of family, and God will turn the hearts of the children to their fathers, the fathers’ hearts to their children, and all to the Heavenly Father.
C—Change your mind. Believe that God sees the good and the evil behavior. Malachi 3 describes the people of Israel doubting God. They declared, “It is useless to serve God.” But then a revelation came to those who feared the Lord. They saw a ledger of right and wrongs God recorded in His books.
In Yeshua, we have eyes to see and ears to hear in the spirit. We can be comforted knowing God remembers His covenant of reconciliation. Speak encouraging words to your family. God hears and loves this blessed unity among His family.
T—Transform your family. By applying Malachi 4 and changing your mind according to Malachi 3, you will be positioned for godly alignment that unites your family’s vision and purpose for the year ahead.
Uniting Your Family’s Vision and Purpose
Malachi 3:16-18 says,
- “Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name. ‘They shall be Mine,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘On the day that I make them My jewels…’ Then you shall again discern between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.”
Malachi promises that God not only remembers who was wicked and who was righteous, but He records it.
- Live in a way that your children understand what it means to fear the Lord.
- Live in a way that your family sees you meditate on His name.
- Live in such a way that you are a jewel and a treasured possession.
Finally, seek and serve God. Sow into His Kingdom and trust your Father to provide.