As we ushered in Passover in early April, we recognized the significance of God’s appointed time for this year—5778/2018.
Here is what the Hebrew year 5778 signifies:
- The number 5 represents grace
- The number 7 represents perfection
- The number 8 represents new beginnings and open doors
The letter Chet, which means ‘life,’ also represents the number 8, in Hebrew.
This letter resembles a door when written —
Therefore, this year is a year of new beginnings and an invitation to pass through the doorway of life. What an amazing declaration of what is to come!
What door does God call the Body of Christ to pass through this year?
The Jew, First Nations, and the Gentile are a threefold cord.
As we continue down the corridor of time, we are closer to being a part of and witnessing a rapid increase of prophetic fulfillment. The Lord has laid out His ultimate plan of restoration in His Word. He has been patient with us to come together in unity.
The culmination of events and signs among the nations should perk up our ears and open our eyes as Believers. During this year of open doors, there is a call for the restoration of the nations—the firstborn Jewish nation, the First Nations (that is the Native American people), and the firstfruits Gentile nations.
When these three nations come together—unified and aligned with the will of God—we are prepared with the power and authority to withstand pressure from the enemy.
“Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”—Ecclesiastes 4:12
The power of the threefold cord…
The Lord is at work in mighty ways, bringing together the Jew with every nation from different tongues and tribes. As Ephesians says, we are to join together as One New Man. Those grafted into the commonwealth of Israel make the threefold cord strong and unified.
Unity releases the healing and reconciliation power of the Holy Spirit!
Why are First Nations important?
- Have not all been reached with the Good News of the Messiah?
- Those who have received the Gospel are experiencing a release of Holy Spirit power among their people.
- Those who have accepted Christ are beginning to connect to Israel in proper alignment.
What does this look like?
The late Dr. Apostle Jay Swallow, who was uniquely recognized as the spiritual leader for over 500 Native American tribes in the United States, was one of the founders of Two Rivers Native American Training Center. This year, his wife, Joan, was among the special guests at Passover.
Two Rivers has a mission to equip missionaries and other leaders with biblical training and leadership to reach the Native people of North America.
Two Rivers responded to the needs of the First Nations:
- “There are 580 Native Nations in North America. The U.S. Center for World Missions states that there are at least 200 Native Nations that have not been reached with the Gospel and over 95% of the 3.5 million Native Americans in the United States have not accepted the Gospel message. Currently, we believe Two Rivers offers the only Native-founded, Native-led, culturally sensitive ministry training on the North American continent.”—Two Rivers Native American Training Center
The gathering of the First Nations people into the family of God is another indicator of the end times, as well as an active call among Believers to become engaged in Kingdom business.
As Curt Landry Ministries is located in the midst of Native American territory in Oklahoma, it is our sincere desire is to honor the First Nations people, as various tribes surround us here in American’s heartland.
It is evident throughout God’s Word, that as the Body of Christ comes together in unity to fulfill the Great Commission, there will be an outpouring of the Holy Spirit within the Church.
Over and over again the Lord tells His followers:
- We are to go and make disciples of all the nations.
- “And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’”—Mark 16:15
- “…and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”—Luke 24:47
- “but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith.”—Romans 16:26
- And every nation will confess that He is Lord of all.
- “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:9-11
- “After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!’”—Revelation 7:9-10
When something is mentioned numerous times throughout scripture, it’s God’s way of telling us to ‘pay attention!’ As we read the above scriptures, we can clearly hear the Lord saying, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations… and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14).
God is a God of inclusion. He wants ALL to come into His Kingdom.
The call for the Gospel to be preached in all the world includes the First Nations! You see, these native people have lived in the land far longer than most Americans, and yet many of them have yet to hear the Gospel of Truth.
For this reason, we must honor them, develop relationships, and seek to understand. This inclusion is a sign of what is to come… the restoration and the coming together of the nations.
Curt Landry Ministries and the First Nations
Curt Landry has a rich history with the people of the First Nations. He has worked with Apostle Jay Swallow and his family since 1996. When Dr. Swallow was studying the threefold cord in Ecclesiastes, the Holy Spirit revealed that a release of the First Nations people would happen when there was a connectedness to Israel in proper alignment.
To understand the alignment, there must also be an understanding and desire to explore the Jewish roots of the faith. And that’s exactly what Apostle Sallow did…
“Apostle Joan Swallow (wife of the late Dr. Jay Swallow) is one of the most powerful prophetic intercessors that I have ever encountered. She has a unique gift and authority to change the atmosphere wherever she goes. We have celebrated many Passovers with her and her late husband, Dr. Apostle Jay Swallow, and we remain humbled to join together at this special time.”—Curt Landry
Take note of Luke 24:47 above: “…beginning in Jerusalem.” The Holy Land of Israel is where it begins. The First Nations tribes understand that when there is a connection with the Holy Land and her people, that proper alignment falls into place.
God says in His Word that, “I will bless those who bless you [Israel].” He also says to, “seek first the kingdom of God.” These statements can seem simple, yet searching the Hebraic roots of the faith uncovers a multitude of richness in words.
>>>Download your NEW EDITION of the Guide to the One New Man today and begin to discover the rich history of your faith that lies within the Jewish roots!<<<
Along with Apostle Joan Swallow at Passover, we also embraced Craig Harper and his family, as Craig was newly recognized as the chief of the Peoria Tribe. Craig and his family have been an important part of the Curt Landry Ministries and House of David family now for many years.
We were also blessed to have the chief of the Blackfoot Tribe in Montana, Roy Wolftail, along with his wife, Honey Wolftail, with us at Passover. Curt Landry Ministries has known the Wolftail’s for many years now, and has oftentimes traveled to their church in Browning, Montana.
Curt Landry with a traditional headdress gifted by Blackfoot chief, Roy Wolftail, and his wife, Honey. [Native American headdresses, sometimes referred to as War Bonnets, are traditionally worn by male leaders of Native American tribes. Those who wear feathered War Bonnets are recognized and respected within their tribes. They are worn in battle and for ceremonial purposes.]
It was an incredible honor to celebrate Passover this year with special guests of different tongues and tribes from across the world!
Disciples of All Nations
In the Gospels, Jesus spoke about the signs of the end times. This part of the Olivet discourse is not meant to strike fear in the heart, but to provoke alertness, knowledge, and diligence to remain in alignment with God’s plans.
“Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, ‘Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?’ And Jesus answered and said to them: ‘Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, “I am the Christ,” and will deceive many.
“‘And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows…
“‘And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.’”—Matthew 24:3-8, 14
Here Jesus is telling us that although calamities will happen, we are to preach the Kingdom Gospel to ALL the world. These signs are not the end time, but are referred to as the beginning of labor pains, or “the beginning of sorrows.”
As catastrophes increase in frequency and intensity, we know Yeshua’s return is drawing near. Jesus points out that “these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.” This remark was made in order to prevent panic, however to be alert and on guard.
Jesus makes another statement that AFTER the Gospel is preached to all the nations, “then the end will come.” How glorious will that day be when Yeshua returns to rule! This statement about furthering God’s Kingdom is the Great Commission.
We can look forward to the spread of the Gospel message because:
- It brings many souls into the family of God
- It is a sign that Yeshua’s return is growing closer, as every tongue preaches to every tribe
- Even with the chaotic news that fill the media and our minds, God’s Truth always prevails
The Body of Christ is to take this call seriously. It WILL happen, and He promises when we take part in the call the doors of Heaven will open and blessings will pour out.
“Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—saying with a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.’”—Revelation 14:6-7
Joined together as One New Man…
It is essential to understand what One New Man means to a Believer. Read our 5-part series [here].
“For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.”—Ephesians 2:14-16
Characteristics of a One New Man as found in Colossians 3:12-17:
“Therefore, as the elect of God…
- holy and beloved,
- put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
- bearing with one another, and forgiving one another…
- But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
- And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
- And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
We have unique and distinct God-ordained callings. When we come to His table and put our feet beneath, we aren’t all sitting in the same chair, yet we all get to be a part of the supper!
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob called the Hebrew nation out amongst the people of the world to represent Him to the nations. His divine plan for the Jewish people is not finished. And His divine plan for First Nations, Gentiles, and YOU are not completed either!
He promises to complete the good work He has begun in you.
As Believers, we are to seek God first—above all else. His Spirit will guide us into our destiny, to further His Kingdom. As we continue to grow closer to the return of Yeshua, we must spread the saving grace and love of God, with conviction by the Holy Spirit, thus reconciling mankind to the Father by the blood of Christ.
As born-again Believers, we are new creations in Yeshua. As we continue to walk through this Hebrew year of 5778, just as the number 8 represents ‘newness and open doors,’ we can look forward to blessings and new beginnings for the nations this year!