It is the holiday season when busyness can seem to overtake our lives. But Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderful times for us to take a step back from all the “to-dos” and reflect in prayer and meditation. It is also a great time for us to look back on the years we’ve had, think of the blessings we’ve received, and the struggles through which we have persevered.
7 Holiday Season Decrees
Consider lifting up these words in prayers and declarations during the holiday season…
- Thank God for His Blessings: Thank God for the many blessings He has given to you throughout the year, the ways in which you have drawn closer to Him, and the promise you see for the coming New Year.
Decree Psalm 9:1-2
“Thank You, Lord, for I will praise You with my whole heart. I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.”
Decree Psalm 103:1-4
“Lord God, my soul will bless You because of who You are and because You bless me! I will bless Your holy name with all that is within me. I will not forget all Your benefits and how You forgive me of my iniquities, heal my diseases, and redeem my life from destruction.”
- Thank God for Sending His Son: Reflect on the miracle of conception and birth of the Savior, coming down to earth and fulfilling scriptures.
Decree John 3:16
“Thank You, Father, for sending Your Son, Yeshua, to pay for my sin, giving me access to the Kingdom of Heaven. Thank You for giving me eternal life, that I will not perish for lack of knowledge!”
Decree John 12:46-48
“Lord God, You sent Yeshua to be the light in this world. I believe in Him and will not remain in darkness. I receive the Word and do not reject You. For you have come to give me an abundant life.”
- Thank God for Breaking Generational Curses: Thank God for His full armor and that He is Jehovah-Shammah, the God who is there, with the power to break off all generational curses and quench every fiery dart from the enemy.
Decree Deuteronomy 7:9
“Father God, I thank You that I can enter into Your courts by the blood of Jesus. I wash my mind, will, emotions, habits, patterns, and body in His blood and thank You for redeeming me from all generational curses and iniquities. I thank You that Your blessings are for a thousand generations, and I thank You, that I walk in those blessings.”
Decree Ephesians 6:11-12
“Lord God, I thank You for the armor that You provide. Without Your weapons and protection, I would not be able to withstand the enemy. But with You, I have the authority of Yeshua. I put on my belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, and my shoes of peace. I hold up my shield of faith, put on my helmet of salvation, pick up the sword of the Spirit—the Word of God—and I pray with persevering prayer and supplication in the Spirit.”
- Thank God and Pray for the Underground Church in Afghanistan and Around the World: Thank the Lord for the glory He is pouring out around the earth, that many are coming to know Him because of the brave pastors, missionaries, and others who are proclaiming God’s truth in this time.
Decree Romans 15:13
“Father God, I release hope, peace, and joy upon those who are in hiding. I pray that hope abounds by the power of the Holy Spirit. Keep them hidden in the dwelling place of the Most High.”
Decree 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2
“Lord, I pray that Your Word may run swiftly, not to return void, so that You may be glorified, and that many are delivered from the unreasonable and the wicked men. Lord, I speak deliverance from the wicked men and the wicked sources that are coming against the Believers in Afghanistan and around the world. I thank You for Your peace, healing, and overcoming power.”
- Thank God for His Strength in the Face of Challenges: We all have faced challenges this year. Thank Him for walking you through them, and thank Him for giving you the wisdom and endurance to persevere through whatever lies ahead.
Decree Galatians 6:9
“Father God, I serve a God who does not grow weary. Thank You for giving me strength in this season. I ask for continued wisdom and perseverance to be fully equipped for what lies ahead. Lord God, I will come into agreement with Your purpose for my life and reap a harvest for Your Kingdom.”
Decree Deuteronomy 31:8
“Father God, I thank You, for I am not alone. You go before me. You are with me. You do not leave me nor forsake me. I will not be fearful or dismayed.”
- Thank God for the One New Man: Because of Yeshua, Jew and Gentile can come together as One New Man, united in Him. Thank Him for giving you an inheritance and access to the fullness of your salvation, bridging you with Israel.
Decree Ephesians 2:15
“Thank You, Lord, for creating One New Man from Jew and Gentile, making peace and adopting me into Your family through Yeshua. I belong to You, and I have an inheritance according to the promise.”
Decree Ephesians 1:11-14
“Thank You, Lord, for predestining me according to Your Kingdom purpose, for giving me an inheritance and sealing me with the Holy Spirit, the guarantee of my inheritance in Yeshua.”
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem: When you pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6), you come into agreement with God’s promises not only for the nation of Israel but also for your nation.
Declare Genesis 12:3
“Father God, now is the time to favor Zion. I will bless Israel and will not curse her. Father God, I repent, on behalf of this nation and past generations for how they have treated Your chosen people. Lord God, I return to You and will bless Israel and You will provide protection for my family and me.”
Declare Zechariah 2:8
“Father God, I thank You for opening doors for me to partner with Believers who stand with Your nation. Your Word says that when anyone harms Israel, they touch the apple of Your eye, Your most precious possession. Lord God, I release peace and prosperity within her walls. I thank You for the defenders in Israel, and that I can pour into them because of Your work through Curt Landry Ministries. I stand with Israel because this is what Your Word commands.”
Our Prayer for You in This Holiday Season
We decree Numbers 6:24-26 over you and your family in this holiday season.
“Lord God, we lift up our followers, supporters, donors, and prayer partners to You in this holiday season. May You pour out new blessings upon them and their families. Keep them close to You. Shine Your face upon them and be gracious to them. Lord, lift up your countenance upon them and release shalom so that nothing is lacking in this season. In Yeshua’s name, amen and amen!”