Our society is in a cultural pandemic. A medical pandemic, which caused fear to sweep across the world and our nation, now has a partner… a cultural pandemic that has caused division in the land.
How do we begin to heal? Believers being unified as one and working towards reconciliation.
Why does healing begin with Believers?
This cultural pandemic is actually a spiritual pandemic. Our nation has moved away from God’s value system, which was designed to create an atmosphere of cohesiveness and oneness. A system established to help humanity grow and thrive as they respected and related to one another.
When the Body of Christ takes their rightful position as His Kingdom manifestation on earth, healing will follow.
It Begins with Repentance… Individually and Corporately
Our nation’s history has polluted our country’s atmosphere. Slavery and segregation were a destructive seed sown into our country. We are witnessing how this seed has not been dealt with at a spiritual level.
The Church must rise and be a visible demonstration of oneness in God’s Kingdom. As individuals and the Body of Christ, we must see this cultural pandemic as the spiritual pandemic that it really is.
When we see it for what it is, we can repent of our sins, and the sins of our fathers, and come into unity in accordance with God’s Word in Ephesians 2:15.
Oneness in God’s Family | The Purpose of the One New Man
Ephesians 2:14-18 says this…
- “For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.” (emphasis added)
God’s Word is clear, if anyone is in Christ, they are brought together as the One New Man, by one Spirit.
Are we, as the Church, living this scripture out as a divine demonstration of God’s Kingdom purpose?
A Divine Reset to Reconcile
Now is the time for a divine reset. God is righteous and just. These characteristics of God are not one or the other. They exist in perfect balance, simultaneously. Therefore, we must seek both simultaneously.
- “ Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; mercy and truth go before Your face.”—Psalm 89:14
Dr. Tony Evans explains it this way…
- “Righteousness is the moral standard of right and wrong to which God holds men accountable based on His divine standard. Justice is the equitable and impartial application of God’s moral law in society.
“God wants both [righteousness and justice to be displayed]… He wants to protect the life of the unborn in the womb. But He also wants to see justice of the life once born, to the tomb. In other words, God wants a whole life agenda, not a term agenda.
“Unfortunately, all lives aren’t valued the same way, and they ought to be because every person is created in the image of the Almighty God.”
Dr. Tony Evans is passionate about seeing oneness within the Church, so that God’s Kingdom agenda is visibly manifested on earth.
- “A Kingdom reset means that we have to see that the Bible not only talks about personal discipleship but corporate discipleship. And so, until we get to that level of vision and that level of visibility, we will not have that level of impact.”—Dr. Tony Evans
Curt Landry Ministries is excited to host guest speaker, Dr. Tony Evans Friday, June 19, at 7:00 PM CT.
Join us on Facebook as we livestream this event.
How to Heal Our Nation
When we are reconciled as one, we can begin to call upon God’s restorative power to heal our nation. This call to reconcile must start with the Church.
Second Chronicles 15:3-7 says this…
- “For a long time Israel has been without the true God, without a teaching priest, and without law; but when in their trouble they turned to the Lord God of Israel, and sought Him, He was found by them. And in those times there was no peace to the one who went out, nor to the one who came in, but great turmoil was on all the inhabitants of the lands. So nation was destroyed by nation, and city by city, for God troubled them with every adversity. But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!” (emphasis added)
When there is a failure in the nation to recognize the true God, it is because people are “without a teaching priest and without law.” As are result, trouble comes upon the land.
For our nation to heal…
- We must repent of stepping away from God’s design for our nation
- We must pray for the Church to fulfill her Kingdom purpose
- We must equip the Church’s leadership to stand firm in God’s truth
Let us get serious about providing divine viewpoints on how to live, treat others, and honor God according to His Word.
When we choose this approach to healing, God will not only heal our lands, He will also heal our communities and families so that they reflect His divine nature.
We hope you can join us as we welcome Dr. Tony Evans June 19, at 7:00 PM CT. Mark your calendars and prepare to hear insights as to how we can live as One New Man and move God’s Kingdom agenda forward.