Table of Contents
During the Fall Feasts of 5782, we discussed moving forward by faith into the river of “never seen before.” Now that you have received this word, it is time to unlock the moving-forward-by-faith strategy.
Many are excited to move into new waters and put their feet into this fourth river of “never seen before,” but let’s unpack the principles of moving forward by faith and discover practical ways to apply them.
3 Principles of Moving Forward by Faith
- Trust God 100%.
When you are about to move forward into the unseen, there has to be complete trust and confidence in the Lord. This is not to say that you have to operate blindly. Ask Him to reveal steps, clarity, and His presence, and take God at His Word rather than relying on a rush of feelings to tell you if He is at work in the situation.
“My soul still remembers and sinks within me. This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘Therefore I hope in Him!’”
- Make a Decision.
This principle is about declaring and deciding in your heart and mind to move forward in faith. Often, we can think about the decision but do not take action to solidify it. Decide and make a declaration in the Courts of Heaven saying, “I am moving forward by faith into the river of ‘never seen before.’”
“…we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.”
—2 Corinthians 4:18
- Expect a Move of God.
When you move by faith rather than sight, you can’t see the abundance waiting to be uncovered beneath the surface in those first few steps. Picture this: you are on a boat out at sea. There is abundant life beneath you in the sea, yet you can’t see it. You know it’s there, and you expect to see it if you were to jump in. If you are moving forward by faith, you are essentially jumping into the sea, expecting a move from God. In time, He will uncover what has been covered.
“Then you shall see and become radiant, and your heart shall swell with joy; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you…”
Want to hear more about the principles of moving forward by faith? Click on the video above. Follow along with Rabbi Curt Landry as He teaches how to step into the river of “never seen before.”
6 Practical Steps of Moving Forward by Faith
- Cut soul ties. Ask the Lord to reveal, remove and cut away any words you are speaking that come from an unhealthy soul tie. For example, speaking words such as “I just want things to go back to normal,” keep you from moving forward in faith. Perhaps He wants to remove something from your past that became an idol.
- Learn how to say no. Learning how to say no is difficult for many of us. We want to do more, give more, and be more. However, when this is done in the flesh, it keeps us from moving forward in faith. If we say yes to everything we are asked to do, we won’t be willing to jump into the river of “never seen before.” We won’t have time or margin in life to do so! Therefore, ask Holy Spirit to press upon your heart what He wants you to say no to so that you can say yes to more of Him.
- Invest more time in the Word. How many times a day do you check your phone or mobile device for news? Now, we want to be clear, we are not saying you need to get rid of all electronic devices. However, we want to challenge you to turn your eyes and ears to the Good News from the Word rather than focusing on bad reports from common news outlets. The enemy uses bad reports to promote fear and to control you.
When you start investing time in the Word, you will discover your confidence and self-esteem will be boosted, not in a prideful way, but in a humble way. This is because you start to consume truth about who God is, His promises, and who He says you are in Christ: a new creation, born-again, blessed, and forgiven.
- Unplug and rest. This goes with the action Step 3 above. It’s helpful to have times of rest, unplugging from the media’s swirling words. Take time to rest your mind. Read, take a nap, meditate and pray, and take note of the things you are tempted to pick up to relieve anxiety, stress, and to fill a void. These are likely things the Lord wants you to say no to or, at a minimum, give less time and attention to.
- Declare your identity daily. As God removes unhealthy soul ties, He wants you to replace them with new habits and patterns that tie you closer to Him and your identity in Him. Make a declaration of your identity in the Courts of Heaven every day such as this:
Father God, in the name of Yeshua, I decree that You have made me new. You have given me a new spirit and new life. Holy Spirit, come as a winnowing fire, consuming the chaff in my mind and soul of the things that cause me to filter life through a false identity. Father God, I am called a king and a priest according to the order of Melchizedek. Your Word says that I can do all things through the Messiah who gives me strength. Lord, I enter into the Courts of Heaven and declare a divorce from any false identities that try to attach themselves to me. I embrace my new identity in You.
- Be present. This takes spiritual discipline and practice. In today’s culture, our attention is spread thin and wide. In other words, our attention hits on lots of places, people, and things, yet it doesn’t go deep. In this new era, God is calling us to be present with those around us. Be present with our spouses, children, grandchildren, co-workers, those we are in ministry with, and church groups.
Wherever He leads you, be present with those He has placed in front of you. Listen to the words coming out of their mouths, speak the truth in love to them, encourage them, pray for them… Let them see the light of God that is within you.
Go ahead and declare today, “Lord, uncover my treasures now. I’m deciding to enter into the river of “never seen before.”
Your protection and key to success as you are moving forward by faith into the river of “never seen before” is Galatians 5:22-23…
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
When you operate in the fruit of the Spirit rather than in the flesh, the enemy cannot touch you. He has no legal rights. You will prosper in all the Lord has called you to do.
- The fruit of the Spirit is love, and faith works through love.
- The fruit of the Spirit is joy, and the joy of the Lord is your strength.
- The fruit of the Spirit is peace, and Yeshua gives you His perfect peace.
- The fruit of the Spirit is longsuffering, and this produces endurance, character, and hope.
- The fruit of the Spirit is kindness, and God shows kindness to you.
- The fruit of the Spirit is goodness, and God’s goodness will follow you all of your days.
- The fruit of the Spirit is faithfulness, and God is faithful to His promises.
- The fruit of the Spirit is gentleness, and a gentle word turns away wrath.
- The fruit of the Spirit is self-control, and you have power and love in this self-control.
The enemy has nothing on these fruits. He has to leave you alone because you are wrapped in God’s Spirit, and he cannot touch you. So then, walk by the Spirit and be protected as you are moving forward in faith so that you are prepared to enter into the river of “never seen before.”