Who doesn’t like a good mystery? The thing about uncovering a mystery is that it takes some digging to understand and reveal the answers. Revealing the mystery of God’s covenant works the same way. To uncover the joy of the covenant, diligence in digging is a must—in this way the Lord’s perfect ways are revealed and we are truly able to delight in His presence.
Through pain and trials, we often wonder, “Where is God in all of this?” Dare I say that we are asking the wrong question? We need to ask ourselves, “Where am I in all of this?”
There is no doubt the enemy is prowling around, watching for an open door or a crack in the foundation to slither in and steal our blessings, but God has an antidote for this. We must be willing to step out in faith and fully trust in God’s faithfulness of promises.
How Does God’s Covenant with Man Relate Specifically to My Finances?
As modern-day Believers, we are blessed to walk in confidence of our salvation through Yeshua’s blood. Yet, many times we can continue to struggle in our day-to-day lives because we lack understanding. This commitment we have entered into is much deeper than a contract. By accepting Yeshua as our Lord and Savior we enter into a covenant relationship with God—a legal binding agreement that can never be broken, unless we chose to walk away.
When the roots of our faith are not fully understood, we miss out on a deeper understanding of who God is and what He has promised to do in us and through us.
Specifically, in areas of financial matters, God is the God of provision. When we are experiencing great lack in our lives, after evaluating our own issues of the heart, we must run to the Word of God, standing on His promises. We must remember that He is faithful—He is a covenant keeper.
What is a Covenant Relationship?
When you accept Yeshua’s work on the cross for salvation, you make a sober decision to walk in a covenant relationship with God—this is the same relationship that Adam experienced with Creator God in the Garden. The sin that is common to all of us is removed and we can boldly enter the throne room of our heavenly Father—approaching Him as a son or daughter of the King of kings.
The Lord allows our faith to grow as He gifts us the Holy Spirit. We partner with the Holy Spirit to dig deeper in understanding the fullness of His covenant promises. This is a process. Our ever-revealing God is patient with His children as we continuously renew our minds and spirit in His Word.
“Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.”—Romans 5:9-10
As you explore the Word of God, He reveals the enduring love He has for each of His children.
Why do I Need a Covenant Relationship with God?
“And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.”—Ephesians 2:22
When the Body of Christ joins in a covenant relationship with God, it provides an everlasting dwelling place for God’s Spirit. The One New Man message provides a framework for the covenant relationship as it allows us to dig deep into our Jewish roots as Believers. When we dig, we find foundational understanding of God—His principles and promises for our life.
His covenant reveals His power, authority, and blessings. By choosing to walk in covenant with Him, we surrender everything that is ours in exchange for Him. In turn, He gives us access to His Kingdom supply. Anything that we need is now available… if we would only ask. This power in the covenant impacts our health, finances, lifestyle… every area of our lives.
How can I deepen my relationship with God?
Like any relationship that you want to see grow, you spend time getting to know the person. This design was not by accident.
God wants to infiltrate or minds and hearts to shape us into being more like Yeshua, His son. When we step out in faith and allow this exchange to occur we are blessed with His presence as we walk in agreement with His Word.
As we wait upon Him to restore our finances, relationships and other areas, Holy Spirit changes our hearts, bringing us closer to Him—into a more intimate relationship—as He teaches us to rely on Him alone.
Through the pages of scripture God reveals principles that, when applied, allow us to walk out our destiny. His instruction directs our path, “so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”—2 Timothy 3:17
To do this…
- Go to the Word of God. As 2 Timothy states, God gave us a spirit of self-discipline. Our human nature tempts us to go to friends or someone we know, to complain and grumble. But God’s Word is what changes us, not our negative actions out of negative thoughts. Scripture is good for teaching and correcting. To align our lives with God’s plan requires His instruction.
- Trust God’s Word. “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19). Once we’ve gotten into His Word, trust what He declares. He CANNOT lie! While we are imperfect, He is perfect! Through prayer, ask God to wash His faithful Words over you.
- Live a Life of Repentance. This step is not always easy. Yet powerfully fruitful. The truth is, when we doubt and do not trust God’s Word in our lives, we have offended Him. Through our repentance, the window of blessing is opened.
You might ask, “But I thought I was forgiven of my sins when I got saved?” You are, but the truth is sometimes we mess up, or miss it. Remember, we are on a journey and have not arrived at the destination. Just as with any relationship, when we make a mistake, we need to ask for forgiveness and then move forward with our lives. I do this on a regular basis with God. I check in with Him. I don’t beat myself up, I just find out where I may have missed it and ask for His forgiveness.
- Praise! “Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom” (Psalm 145:3). Even before situations and circumstances show the fruit of God’s goodness, praise God for the work He is doing in your life. Praise Him for reminding you of His truth to combat the accuser.
The Covenant is a manifold of powerful revelation. While it takes time and perseverance to explore, do not lose hope. As with most things… things worth pursuing take time.
Many of you have gotten to the end of your rope and are on your knees. The Lord, even in this time, is beside you and wants you to empty yourself of all bitterness that continually weigh you down… renewing and refilling your mind and spirit with His great promises.
Rejoice and declare today what the Blood of Yeshua does for you! [i]
- It remits sins (Matthew 26:28).
- It gives life to those who consume it (John 6:53).
- It causes us to dwell in Christ and He in us (John 6:56).
- It is the means by which Jesus purchased the church (Acts 20:28).
- It is the means by which Jesus becomes our atonement through faith (Romans 3:25).
- It justifies us and saves us from wrath (Romans 5:9).
- It redeems us (Ephesians. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Revelations 5:9).
- It brings those who were far away from God near to Him (Ephesians 2:13).
- It grants us the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:14).
- It brings peace and reconciliation to God (Colossians 1:20).
- It has obtained eternal redemption for us (Hebrews. 9:12).
- It cleanses our conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Hebrews 9:14).
- It is the means by which we enter the most holy place with boldness (Hebrews 10:19).
- It speaks a better word than the blood of Abel (Hebrews 12:24, NIV).
- It sanctifies us (Hebrews 13:12).
- It makes us complete for every good work (Hebrews 13:20-21).
- It cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).
- It bears witness in the earth along with the Spirit and the water (1 John 5:8).
- It is the means by which Jesus washes us (Revelation 1:5: 7:14).
- It is the means by which we overcome the accuser of the brethren (Revelation 12:11).
Covenant is a topic that could be excavated for several years and still never reach the bottom of its great mysteries. Although I have only reached the tip of the iceberg here, I do hope that you will continue to unpack the mysteries of the incredible relationship that is found in serving a faithful God—the One who deeply desires for an intimate relationship with each of us. He is trustworthy. We can count on Him.
In the next part of our Kingdom Finance Series, we begin to dig deeper into how our covenant relationship with God applies to finances for the modern-day Believer.
[i] 20 Things the Blood of Jesus Does – Jesus Now: Unveiling the Present-Day Ministry of Jesus – Author Frank Viola