…From the Desk of Curt Landry
As the Church marches through another chapter of prophetic fulfillment, there is a calling to recognize the significance of joining with other churches as One New Man, fulfilling the final leg of the journey and preparing for Yeshua’s return.
During this crucial alignment, the Church needs to be awakened to the anointings and spiritual gifts that have been imparted to each Believer. It is time we decree and declare, in bold faith, that we are ready to receive and activate these gifts and anointings.
“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”—Hebrews 4:12
The Church must also recognize that every anointing is unique, created by God the Father and gifted by the Spirit for His purposes. We don’t have the option of trading it for something that we feel is a better fit; instead, we must be alert and ready to receive our unique anointing. In doing so, we activate our status as kings and priests through the power of the Holy Spirit.
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.”—1 Corinthians 12:7-11
It is only after you have actively declared and received your anointing that you’re able to provide the spiritual covering that is needed to impart a leadership legacy.
What Does it Mean to Be Under Spiritual Covering?
In order to leave a leadership legacy, there needs to be a deeper understanding of what it means to provide a spiritual covering for the people in your life. Spiritual covering is a gift, and it can be used at many levels.
The Spiritual Covering of Husbands and Fathers. Husbands and fathers are called to provide a level of spiritual covering for their families.
The Spiritual Covering of Pastors and Rabbis. Pastor and rabbis are called to provide a higher level of spiritual covering for their congregations.
Spiritual covering is not something to be taken lightly; it is a responsibility that carries high stakes. It is not man’s endorsement, but rather a covenant agreement that provides…
- Protection: Spending regular time in Prayer for those who fall under your spiritual covering
- Direction: Providing sound biblical teaching, and guiding your flock to glorify God in all things
- Correction: Speaking truth in love, requiring a level of accountability both for yourself as well as for the people who fall under your spiritual covering
“Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.”—1 Corinthians 11:1
4 Things That Must Be Done to Impart a Leadership Legacy
In my experience, there are 4 things that successful spiritual leaders have in common. When all 4 of these habits are put into practice, it unleashes a transaction on the trading floors of Heaven, restoring any blocked blessings and allowing the foundation for a leadership legacy to be established.
1. Perform acts of generosity to leave a leadership legacy.
Trust and honor are Heaven’s currency. In order for God to bless a legacy, it must be operating in His Kingdom. Multiplication is a gift from God that He bestows upon His faithful spiritual leaders.
“He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.” —Luke 16:10
2. Watch and take inventory of certain areas to leave a leadership legacy.
There are 6 areas that a spiritual leader needs to be watching at all times. Taking a regular inventory of these 6 areas in this order is the surest way to stay in alignment and impart a leadership legacy.
- Self: Spiritual leaders must be self-aware. A good rule of thumb is this: Don’t preach what you cannot demonstrate with your actions.
- Family: Your family must be healthy for you to truly lead a healthy congregation. Investing in your family gives you room to demonstrate a leadership legacy in other areas of your life.
- Church: Your Church needs to be operating under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. A congregation is only as good as the spiritual guide leading it. Don’t get in between your congregation and Yeshua.
- Ministry/Anointing: Discerning the voice of the Holy Spirit and being obedient to those nudges is the only way to stay aligned and keep your anointing active.
- Business: Make sure that your business dealings are in alignment with God’s Kingdom work. If you have employees, shepherd them, as they are part of your flock.
- Community: Be authentic with those around you. This includes anyone with whom you surround yourself—whether it be fellow Church members, friends, neighbors, coworkers, or employees.
3. Don’t waste God’s time to leave a leadership legacy.
This is a word for the whole Church. The United States was birthed for the purpose of standing with Israel during this season of prophetic fulfillment. In order to establish a leadership legacy, spiritual leaders need to align their ministries with God’s Kingdom work for the return of His Son.
4. Seek first God’s Kingdom to leave a leadership legacy.
“But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”—Matthew 6:33
As a spiritual leader focused on imparting a leadership legacy, you must allow your life and actions to reflect obedience, worship, and praise.
Prioritize obedience, as it is the backbone of your worship. If you worship with your breath but are disobedient with your actions and habits, then you were never truly worshipping to begin with.
Seeking God’s will and Kingdom above all else, then submitting to His authority, is what aligns you to impart a leadership legacy that will continue to multiply until the day of prophetic fulfillment. The more you focus on the Lord, the bigger the heart you will have for His sheep.
In this season of awakening, I urge you to be on guard, keeping a watchful eye on God’s Kingdom restoration and standing firm in your faith.
Remember, there is power in the spoken word when you are filled with the Holy Spirit. Speak it and believe it, and you can make dry bones come alive through the power of our mighty God.
>>Want to put this into practice? Click [here] to watch my entire message on Imparting a Leadership Legacy.<<<
Shalom! Do you find that Curt Landry’s teachings help you overcome struggles and experience breakthroughs? If so, be sure to “like” our channel on YouTube. We love to hear from our listeners so we can better serve your needs.