There are cycles of destruction that plague Believers. The most significant spiritual battle that becomes a cycle in the lives of many is the habitual sin and familiar spirits in the family line. These are known as generational curses. There are ways to identify the generational curses in your life and cancel them so that you can walk in victory!
Jesus came to reverse the curse. He came so that YOU would have an abundant life (see John 10:10)! This is the hope and promise to remember when you move forward to identify the generational curse in your life.
The problem is these generational curses are passed down from parent to child and are rarely dealt with or discussed. As a result, they continue to flow into the next generation, and Believers are not able to walk in freedom. Rather they operate out of…
What Happens When We Identify the Generational Curses?
When we, as the Body of Christ, discover that we have a right to living free and decide to come out of agreement with the generational curses that we have been operating out of for years, we are able to answer our Kingdom call.
When we identify the generational curses, we can stand in the Lord’s strength. He is the One who gives us victory. It is through Him that we walk with authority on earth.
Meditate on this verse…
- “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.”—Exodus 15:2
Why You Need to Identify the Generational Curses
The reason you want to identify generational curses is to remove the death and destruction that comes from them. The enemy lies, telling us that generational curses aren’t real. Satan does not want us to deal with them using God’s authority, because when we deal with them, we receive…
- Peace of mind
- The joy of the Lord
- Spiritual strength
- Prosperity, provision, and divine protection
If generational curses are not canceled, there is unnecessary spiritual warfare. We do not have to battle such thing as…
- Financial attacks
- Physical attacks
- Relationship issues
- Abuse and addiction
- Business breakups
- Church splits
We can receive victory when we decide to identify the generational curses that are operating in our lives. Identifying the curses and claiming your identity in Yeshua is essential.
The Lord wants you to have victory. He wants to renew your strength!
- “Then he said to them, ‘Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.’”—Nehemiah 8:10
Ten Ways to Identify Generational Curses
Before you identify the generational curses (using the questions below), declare who God is…
- “He is the Lord over Heaven and earth. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the great ‘I Am.’ He is my Heavenly Father, Yahweh, Jehovah. The blood of Jesus expunged my sin so that I can connect with my Heavenly Father. He is complete and cannot lie. He is faithful and trustworthy. His Spirit strengthens and empowers me.”
Then ask yourself these questions…
- Do I have a lack of passion for spiritual things?
- Do I battle excessive frustration?
- Do I doubt God’s goodness and faithfulness?
- Do I battle tormenting thoughts and miss out on the peace of God?
- Do I lack understanding and have confusion about my purpose?
- Do I question a calling and direction that was once discernable?
- Am I lured into areas of previous bondage?
- Am I tempted to quit personal assignments?
- Do I battle mental, emotional, and physical fatigue?
- Do feelings of guilt, shame, condemnation, loneliness, and rejection manifest when emotional wounds are opened?
If your answers are yes, these are signs that generational curses are resting upon you.
Next, rate how prevalent these generational curses are.
On a scale from 1 to 10, considering 5 your “normal,” take each question and rate how you are operating in this season.
- Click on the video below, and Rabbi Curt Landry will walk you through each question and how to score them, helping you determine your areas of strength and where the enemy is attacking.
Identify the Generational Curses and Take Them into the Courts of Heaven
As a born-again Believer, you can be separated from the curses. Use the list above to help you identify the generational curses, and take them into the Courts of Heaven.
The curses create oppression, depression, sickness, disease, and poverty. You do not have the spiritual strength alone. However, with God, all things are possible! Remember Nehemiah 8:10, “Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
The Lord wants to cleanse you, renewing your strength so that you will rise up on wings like eagles.
- Repent for the issue in yourself and your family line
- Forgive yourself and others
- Renounce it in the Courts of Heaven and stop its ability to steal from you
Use the Lord’s prayer as a guide to help you pray in the Courts of Heaven. Click HERE to find the prayer written out (scroll to the bottom of the blog).
Remember that the Lord says, “I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). Your freedom from these curses comes when you activate the strength of the Lord.
Identifying the generational curse is the first step to freedom. Remember your God-given identity in Christ Jesus, Yeshua. Remember His Word that says He has given you a purpose and a calling. Remember that it is His power within you that equips you for every spiritual battle.
Ask the Lord to help you identify the generational curses operating in your life. The Holy Spirit will give you wisdom, discernment, and vision to battle. You simply need to ask.
The enemy wants you to doubt that you can be freed from these habits and patterns. But you have the Lord. He is on your side.
- “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”—Psalm 118:6
Identify the curse, cancel and come out of agreement with it, and proclaim God’s truth over your identity in Yeshua’s Name. You will be positioned to walk in victory!