When you enter Heaven’s courtroom to do spiritual warfare, you are asking that the will of God, what is written in His books, be released from Heaven and come to earth. All scripture and promises of God are “yes and amen” in the courts. If there is something hindering your prayers, God can reveal that to you in the Courts of Heaven.
So then, rather than thinking spiritual warfare takes place on a battlefield, think of it taking place in a courtroom. When you enter Heaven’s courtroom, it isn’t about changing God’s mind. Instead, it is about aligning your soul: mind, will, and emotions, with His.
Enter Heaven’s courtroom based on your identity, as one in relationship with the Just Judge and purchased by the blood of Yeshua, and set the stage for the rest of the proceedings.
Join Rabbi Curt Landry as he dives into why and how to enter Heaven’s courtroom…
Transcription from Podcast (Revised for Readability)
This is Ancient Principles, Kingdom Authority. I want to talk to you about a level of spiritual warfare—understanding Heaven’s courts. Many people struggle with the Kingdom concept, yet “Kingdom” is mentioned in the Bible numerous times.
Think About the Lord’s Prayer
Think about the Lord's prayer.
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”—Matthew 6:9-10
This refers to the “heavenly courts.” So then, “Your will be done on earth as it is written in the heavenly courts.”
- Know that when you ask that the will of the Lord be done, you are saying, “What is recorded in Your books—all the scriptures, oaths, and promises of God—are yes and amen in the courts.
The Courts of Heaven
Many people have lots of thoughts, ideas, and questions about the Courts of Heaven. But the concept is quite practical.
Maybe you’ve asked…
- How do I enter Heaven’s courtroom?
- How do I change how I do spiritual warfare in the Courts of Heaven?
- What does the Holy Spirit reveal to me about the Courts of Heaven?
Think for a moment about how God is a Just Judge and the Bible verses that talk about His sovereignty. I want to take you to the scriptures to experience how this works.
Steps to Enter Heaven’s Courtroom
- First, put on the full armor of God
Gird your waste. Say a prayer such as…
- “Father God, I put on my identity, so to say, my spiritual long-handle underwear. I am a seed of Abraham. I am a co-heirs with Christ, so I belong to Him. And Lord, I thank You that this, so to say, this long handle underwear that I put on, is actually a fabric made out of the blood of Jesus. So it cleanses me from the top of my head to the bottom, the soles of my feet.”
- Second, confess.
We won’t go through this right now, but you can go back to the first session where I talk about the importance of confessing current sin, habitual sin, and generational sin. We come out of agreement with all that.
- Third, come boldly to the throne.
Pray something such as, “God, Your word says, ‘Let us come boldly into the throne room of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need,’ according to Hebrews 4:16.” When you come to the throne, you must acknowledge that you have a need. And so, we say, “Lord, we’ve cleansed ourselves.”
- Now we're going to put on the breastplate of righteousness, understanding that the righteousness of Christ means we are identifying with our right standing to be able to come boldly into this throne room of grace.
Praying with Persistency in the Courts
Now, let's go into Luke 18:1-8…
- “Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying, ‘There was a certain city, a judge who did not fear God nor man. Now there is a widow in the city and she came to him saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.' And he would not for a while. But afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because of this widow who troubles me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she wears me out.'
“Then the Lord said, ‘Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall not God avenge his own elect who cry out…'” listen to this, “‘… day and night to him because he bears long with them. I tell you that I will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, the Son of Man comes, will he really find faith on the earth?'”
This is a picture of why Jesus may have trouble finding faith on the earth—because those who lose the consistency of praying, as described in this parable until the coming to the Lord.
So then, persevere and be persistent in prayer, praying in the Courts of Heaven…
- “Lord, I consistently put on the belt of truth and breastplate of righteousness and say, ‘This is my identity: I'm a co-heir in Christ. I cannot be rejected. I put on the breastplate of righteousness. I am a king and priest according to the order of Melchizedek. I prepare my feet with the gospel, which means everywhere I walk with authority is because You have expunged my sin. I can come boldly into the Just Judge’s courtroom and say, ‘Listen, my feet are clean. All my sins have been expunged. In fact, I'm wearing the helmet of salvation. My new identity in Him. And now I take the shield of faith and I quench every fiery dart that's coming against me. And I take the sword of the Spirit.” Like you can take the sword of the Spirit and say, “Listen, I'm even putting my prayer shawl on, my tallit.”
Psalms 84:1-2 says long for the Courts of Heaven…
- “How lovely is Your tabernacle, O Lord of hosts. My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh cry out to the living God.”
Psalm 100:4-5 says to enter Heaven’s courtroom with praise and thanksgiving…
- “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name, for the Lord is good and His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.”
Enter Heaven’s courtroom because of your relationship with God. It's about putting on the full armor of God, putting on Christ from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, quoting His Word, knowing that the accusation of the enemy against you has been expunged and it has no power to enter in or come against you.
Understanding Your Adversary in the Courts
So one of the things we have to understand is that the enemy (Satan), it says in Job 1:7, “goes to and fro on the earth and from back and forth on it.” And also it says that our adversary, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). We must understand that we have the ability to protect ourselves by coming into the court and stopping these attacks of the enemy. But I can tell you this: If we don't do it quickly or move swiftly to lock these doors, then there will a lot of unnecessary suffering.
Go into the Courts Often and Quickly
- So understanding how to come into the courts is to understand that we need to come in often and we need to come in quickly. Paul was charging Timothy with this. He says, “I charge you therefore before God and our Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearance in His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season” (2 Timothy 4:1-8).
So he's saying, “I want you, I command you, I encourage you, don't stop because of adversity. Don't stop because of rejection. Don't stop because of doubt and unbelief.”
He says, “I charge you.” It means, in the view of the proceedings in the court, keep preaching, keep decreeing, keep bringing it forth. Enter Heaven’s courtroom, which is not about changing God's mind, but instead, it's about aligning your thoughts with His. It reflects the powerful and intimate relationship that you have with the Almighty creator about knowing His authority and yours, humbling yourself, and seeking His word so that He will accomplish what is needed in your life. Yeshua said He came to give life, and He came to give it more abundant.
Why Enter Heaven’s Courtroom?
You enter the Courts of Heaven to…
- Silence the accuser
- Take rightful steps into the divine purpose that God has for you
- Claim the blessings available through Yeshua
- To claim that fullness, claim the blessings that are yes and amen, and know that even—as it says in the book of Revelation chapter 12—that our heavenly legal system is on our side.
“Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, ‘Now salvation and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of the brethren who accused them before God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame Him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that his time is short.'”—Revelation 12:10-12
“So Father God, we know that the time is short. But we know that the time is now to take our covenant right, these ancient principles of ancient days. And Lord, we need to make them modern and complete in you. And so, Father God, I just speak a blessing over our identity and our authority in You, coming into the throne room with boldness and with strength, knowing that Your Word shall not come back void, but shall prosper.”
Learn more about the Courts of Heaven, learn more about spiritual warfare, and how it works. Let the Lord speak in and through you, and let the Lord deliver you so you can have a path of success in your life.
This doesn't mean that you won't have resistance, but it does mean you will become the overcomer God designed you to be. God bless you and shalom.
Curt Landry, founder of Curt Landry Ministries, and his wife, Christie, travel extensively, preaching and teaching about the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. Together, their passion is to empower families to live and leave Kingdom legacies and understand their own personal heritage.