Some of the most joyous occasions often center upon enjoying God’s new creation in us—body, soul and spirit. Think about the birth of a child. The mother is exhausted, but miraculously revived because of the bundle of joy in her arms. How about when you have been ill for several days, and after taking care of your body and resting, you feel suddenly revived and renewed! There is a connection between your body’s health and spiritual health. When one of those areas are off balance, we need a plan to get back on-track… with prayer, purpose and self-discipline.
We have already discussed earlier in this Health Series, the role that stress and finances play in regard to health, and today we are going to put some practical steps into place. We are called to live victoriously and walk in dominion because of the blood of Yeshua! Remember…our bodies were bought with a price!
What’s the plan?
Starting out the endeavor to align your body, soul and spirit with God’s Word could seem overwhelming. However, there are some easy steps to get you started. God is patient, and with reliance on Holy Spirit, all things are possible.
As mentioned in our Kingdom Finance Series, often there are pain points that are causing roadblocks, in not only a renewed outlook on finances, but spiritual and physical health, as well.
Steps to take…
- Choose change. Concerning your physical health, choose a different road. Instead of living in the lie of discouragement, call on the Lord to give you strength to make a healthier choice during shopping or eating out.
- Go before God and humble yourself, asking forgiveness for not respecting His temple. It may be appropriate to also confess that the use of food was to fill a void only He can satisfy.
- Yield to Spirit’s prompting. Before you begin a meal, listen to any prompting from Holy Spirit. Is He giving you a clear direction on what you should eat or what you should refrain from?
- Encourage others. “Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones” (Proverbs 16:24). Consume the pleasant Words of God, and pour them out to others. Gracious words spoken to others only edify and encourage. Speak truth in love to someone today.
- Lighten up! Take a moment each day to enjoy the beautiful blessings God has given to you, just as David did in the streets; sing, dance and praise His holy name!
If you are struggling with depression and oppression right now… First, I encourage you to write down ten things you can thank the Lord for in this moment. Thank Him for a safe dwelling place, food, the breath of life, and freedom from condemnation in Christ; just to name a few.
Next, write down what was oppressing you. Is it a feeling or emotion, situation, or person? Be specific.
Then pray… “Lord, I thank you for these ten blessings, that they far out-weigh the situation that is holding me back from experiencing more of You. Lord, I cancel and bind it. In Yeshua’s name, I deny the power of that situation to steal the joy you’ve allowed me access to!”
I’m leaving you with a challenge. Send encouraging words to others every day for 30 days and see how it impacts your mind, will, and emotions. You’ll see God bless you and others in countless ways. Record how the Lord impacts in your life during this time, and you’ll find this encourages you, as well.
I release this blessing to you today… rejoice and celebrate His goodness in your life! “Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31).
If you are struggling with depression, oppression, health or finances and would like prayer, contact our prayer team today.