Did you set spiritual goals at the beginning of the year? Did they include more time with the Lord? As you enter the summer months, your focus on the Lord can begin to wane. Perhaps you set goals months ago, but as the seasons passed by, those goals were forgotten.
The summer months are an ideal time to narrow your focus on the Lord, renewing your mind so you can fulfill your Kingdom assignment.
Focus on the Lord | 3 Steps to Start
Step 1. Start by praying and stilling your heart at the start of your day.
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
As you still your heart, ask the Lord to release wisdom into your life. Perhaps you aren’t sure where you got off track. Or maybe your goals have changed. Get quiet before the Lord at the beginning of every day, asking for His mercy and wisdom to cover every decision you will make.
Step 2. Get honest with the Lord and with yourself.
- “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”—Romans 12:2
It is critical to renew your mind continuously throughout your day and be honest with the Lord. When you are honest, living a life of repentance, you will be able to focus on the Lord. He will reveal to you His good, acceptable, and perfect will.
When you know His will, you can align your dreams with His heart, and they will come to pass.
Step 3. Be a doer of the Word and be intentional about your goals.
- “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.”—Matthew 7:24-25
Being intentional with your goals and focusing on the Lord builds a firm foundation that leads to success. The enemy wants to distract you, but when you are intentional, you write down your goals, review them, and prayerfully realign them as needed. This protects your purpose and assignment as you wait upon the Lord to manifest your dreams.
- Use our Goals to Grow Workbook to help you focus on the Lord and establish your goals. Click HERE!
- If you’ve already established your goals, click HERE for the Goals to Grow Quarterly Check-In.
Join Rabbi Curt Landry as he walks you through questions you can ask yourself to focus on the Lord and reprioritize your Kingdom goals.
Focus on the Lord | 7 Pillars to Protect Your Focus
As you start to focus on the Lord, and begin to realign and reevaluate your goals, what changes do you need to make moving forward in order to stay on track? This resource will help you know the changes you need to make. Click HERE.
In this season, you may feel discouraged as you wait to see the Lord manifest your dreams, goals and desires. The enemy will use discouragement to steal your joy and focus. But the Lord will help you maintain a joyful, steadfast walk during the season of waiting as you place pillars of success into your plans and goals.
When you allow these pillars to penetrate your mind, will, and emotions, focusing on the Lord is a natural by-product.
Discover 7 pillars that will protect your focus and set you up for success and prosperity…
Pillar 1. Know that Jesus is the Author, Perfector, and Finisher of your faith.
Knowing that it is Jesus who perfects and finishes your faith, not you, is critical to success.
- “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”—Hebrews 12:2
“Lord, You have given me a Kingdom assignment. You are the Author and Finisher of my faith. I ask for Your wisdom, knowledge, and strength so that I might succeed in my assignment. Holy Spirit, help me focus on the Lord and accomplish Your will today, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
Pillar 2. Have a plan to be in the Word.
It is critical to get the Word in you, memorizing and meditating on Scripture every day.
- “Let not mercy and truth forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart,”—Proverbs 3:3
“Lord, place Your Word in my heart and around my neck. Your Word gives life and lights my path. Help me to stay focused on You as I read Your Word every day, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
Pillar 3. Serve others.
When the Word is in you, and the Spirit of the Lord is guiding you, you will serve others, sowing into their life out of the overflow of the Father’s love in you.
- “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”—Galatians 6:7
“Lord, help me be bold in sharing Your love with others, sowing into their lives. Your Word says that I overcome the enemy by my testimony. Give me wisdom on how to sow Your Word into others, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
Pillar 4. Focus on the Lord and keep communing with Him in prayer.
Prayer is the activator of the covenant relationship between you and the Lord. Prayer includes praying in tongues, prophetic prayer, and declaring the Word, but it is also constant communication with your Father. Invite the Lord into every aspect of your life, from the simplest to the most complex situations.
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”—Matthew 7:7
“Lord, I will lift up my eyes to You and honor You in every situation in my life. Holy Spirit, give me the words to invite You into every decision, from simple to complex. May Your name be glorified, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
Pillar 5. Examine yourself.
When you examine yourself and find there is doubt, unbelief, or unforgiveness in your ways, be quick to repent and release forgiveness. Then, you will not have as many consequences of sin that bring death into your life situations. The wage of unrepented sin is death, but repentance and forgiveness brings life.
- “Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.”—Psalm 51:6
“Lord, You are the perfector of my faith. You know my innermost thoughts, and You desire truth to live deep within me. I ask that You send Your Spirit to search me and know me. If there is anything hidden within, give me wisdom and understanding so I can turn them over to You, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
Pillar 6. Give.
The Word says that as long as the earth exists, there will be seedtime and harvest. Being a giver of your time, tasks, and finances sows seeds for a future harvest.
- “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what ways have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this… if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.”—Malachi 3:8-10
“Lord, You protect me from the devourer and pour out blessings. I decree that I will be a giver and bless others. I will bring my tithes and offerings and trust in Your faithful Word that promises to protect me, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
Pillar 7. Be in a community of Believers.
To focus on the Lord, it is vital to have a community of Believers to partner with for new beginnings. If God is doing something new, you must understand that there will also be new people He brings into your life. You can’t put new wine into an old wineskin. Having a community of Believers creates accountability, helping you focus on the Lord. Welcome the new people He is bringing into your life.
- “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”—Psalm 133:1
“Lord, I ask that You partner with me and guide me as I partner with others as You are doing a new thing in me. I decree Your Word that it is pleasant to dwell together in unity. Give me a community that will help me stay accountable, in Jesus’ name, amen.”
All of us go through times when we lose focus on the Lord. But God is always inviting us to return. Our Father’s loving arms are opened wide, and it is our choice to run to Him.
Use the 3 steps above to help you focus on the Lord. Then protect your focus as you live by the 7 pillars that will set you up for success and prosperity.
Stay in that place of faith and know that if you narrow your focus on the Lord, your dreams will come to pass supernaturally, in Jesus’ name.