As you peruse our website, you'll notice on our “About Us” page that one of our beliefs is “that our ministry should be founded according to the Word of God and the fivefold ministry of apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers.” This belief is taken directly from Ephesians 4:11-13, which in the New International Version reads: 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. The real importance of this passage is that it demonstrates the fact that everyone has a role to play in spreading the Word of God and helping us all to reach unity in faith. This passage specifically points out five different roles (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers), which may have had a different connotation a couple thousand years ago than they do today.
What do these roles look like today, and how do they connect to the mission of Curt Landry Ministries?
- Apostles. In the bible, the apostles were the closest and most loyal followers of Jesus. This holds true today. While today's followers of Jesus are not literally following him through the wilderness and deserts, they do have an important role in spreading the Word of God through their faith. We seek to be faithful in the words passed down to us by God. Today, we see modern men and women who are called to have an apostolic position over certain ministries or areas.
- Prophets. Much of the work that we do at Curt Landry Ministries is based on the prophecy recorded in the scriptures. For example, our olive tree mission is related to prophecy found in the book of Isaiah. Today, we see many prophecies from Believers around the world…but there are also some men and woman who are called to be prophets to the nations.
- Evangelists. Evangelists are those who actively seek to spread the Word of God. They take more of a leadership role in the faith. We believe that our mission work is the most effective form of evangelism we have.
- Pastors. Being a pastor is more than running services at church; it is also about being truly pastoral, helping and praying with/for those in need. This is a big part of what we do at Curt Landry Ministries.
- Teachers. We need people in our lives to instruct us in the faith and help us to understand the Word of God. Our ministries give us unique teaching opportunities to help connect with people across the globe.
For more information about our beliefs, we encourage you to get in touch today. We'd be happy to have a conversation with you about the importance of these roles and the scripture to our mission.