Love overcomes and casts out fear. Our God IS LOVE. So why do we ever fear?
Join us as we discover the amazing love of our God and enter into an agreement with the courage, strength, and authority that He has laid before us!
Faith Over Fear
God has not given us a spirit of fear.
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”—2 Timothy 1:7
Neither has He chosen for us to walk in bondage. Lack. Uncertainty.
Yeshua has PAID the price for our freedom! His LOVE being more than enough!
We should therefore have faith instead of fear? After all, God’s love is perfect, and perfect love casts out all fear.
The price has been paid for our salvation. Our wholeness. Provision. And in God, in all His promises, we should therefore have certainty… faith.
So why do we still have fear? Do we honestly believe that God makes mistakes? Or that our mistakes can somehow foil God’s plans?
God DESIGNED us. CREATED us. MADE us. And He is perfect…
Obviously, we have allowed imperfection in, but we are made in GOD’S IMAGE! We have salvation through the sacrifice, resurrection, and blood of Yeshua! There is nothing about us which will surprise or stymie God…
He knows everything. He knew us before we were even in our mother’s womb. He loves us with an everlasting love. And He is ALL-POWERFUL…
There is nothing we can do to overwhelm or stop God. Yes, we do have free-will, we do make choices. And good and bad decisions both have results. But God is in control! If we seek out His will for our lives, if we love Him, if the desire of our heart is to do what is in HIS HEART… what will be able to destroy God’s will? What will be able to separate us from God or His love?
“For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”—Romans 8:38-39
With all of the truth and love of God we can walk BOLDLY in FAITH! We can rid ourselves of fear through the perfect love of our God!
“He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”—1 John 4:8
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.”—1 John 4:18
Agree With God’s Promises and Scripture
From one end of God’s Word to the other, there are promises and scriptures that give us understanding of who God is and who we are in Him—each of us designed in His image. We need to stand on these promises and Scriptures. We need to come into agreement with them. We need to meditate on them until we so believe them, that they are a part of us—just as they are a part of God, who is the Word.
God gave us these words because we need them. God gave them because they are a part of who He is. And He gave them because we are made in His image—and they are meant to be a part of us just as they are a part of Him.
Moses AND God had to remind Joshua to be strong, of good courage, and even to go into his promise.
King David had to tell his son Solomon to be strong, of good courage, and to do what the Lord charged him to do.
God had His angel proclaim the truth of who Gideon was to him—mighty, valiant—even when Gideon could not see that in himself.
Over and over again, there are examples of God’s truth being spoken into His people. Of what He knew they were created to be and do, even when they or others might not have seen it.
God sees the potential and purpose in us that we ourselves often do not see, or only see in part. His view of who we are and will be is not hindered by fear, or doubt, or hurt. He does not see dimly as through a mirror. His vision is better than 20/20; it is flawless and beyond space or time.
When we accept His view of ourselves, we are able to cast off fear, walking in His amazing love!
Let us read and come into agreement with these promises of the Lord, with His Word that will impart not only who HE IS, but who WE ARE:
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”—Isaiah 41:10
- “Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, ‘Do not fear; you will have this son also.’”—Genesis 35:17
- As you are birthing your promise, be sure to fix your eyes on God and do NOT fear!
- “And the Lord appeared to him the same night and said, ‘I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham’s sake.’”—Genesis 26:24
- “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”—Luke 12:32
- “But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.’”—Isaiah 43:1
- “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;”—Deuteronomy 7:9
- “So He said, ‘I am God, the God of your father; do not fear to go down to Egypt, for I will make of you a great nation there.’”—Genesis 46:3
- “And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”—Deuteronomy 31:8
- “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”—Numbers 23:19
- “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”—Deuteronomy 31:6
- “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”—Matthew 10:28
- “Look, the Lord your God has set the land before you; go up and possess it, as the Lord God of your fathers has spoken to you; do not fear or be discouraged.”—Deuteronomy 1:21
- “In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?”—Psalm 56:4
- “For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.”—Malachi 3:6
- “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”—Psalm 118:6
- “I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.”—Ecclesiastes 3:14
- “And the Lord said to Joshua, ‘Do not fear them, for I have delivered them into your hand; not a man of them shall stand before you.’”—Joshua 10:8
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”—Hebrews 13:8
- “‘You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.”—2 Chronicles 20:17
By coming into agreement with these promises and truths we are able to fear not! To fix our eyes on God; who HE is, as well as who WE are in Him. We are able to cast out what is not of the Lord—fear—and step into His love, walking in faith and boldness!
Your journey in God’s Word does not end here, however. There are MANY more scriptures that remind us of who God is, who we are in Him, and biblical truths regarding casting out fear!
“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”—Colossians 3:2 (NIV)