Help your children better understand God’s appointed time of Rosh Hashanah. The Shofar gives them an opportunity to use their creativity as an open door to have a deeper encounter with the renewal of God.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” —Proverbs 22:6
List of supplies needed:
- Masking tape
- Papier-mâché mix (this can be purchased at most arts and crafts supply
- stores or you can mix your own with flour and water)
- Construction paper
- Plastic bowl
- Tempera paints
Step by step instructions on how to do the craft:
Rosh Hashanah Children’s Book Shofar Craft
MAKE A SHOFAR…
- Mix papier-mâché paste in a large bowl.
- Cut paper into long strips.
- Dip the strips of paper into the paste.
- Roll the strips of paper into the shape of a shofar.
- Set the shofar aside to dry.
- Once dried, decorate your shofar.