In the Bible, honor means to esteem, value or show great respect. Your Godly Strength has allowed you to see the value in showing honor! Let’s take a deeper look at what Biblical honor is, how we show it, and who we show it to.
What does God say about honor?… A lot!
- “Therefore the Lord God of Israel says: ‘I said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever.’ But now the Lord says: ‘Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.”─1 Samuel 2:30
- “Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.”─1 Peter 2:17
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” ─1 Timothy 1:17
- “’Honor your father and mother’—which is the first commandment with a promise— ‘so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.’” ─Ephesians 6:2-3
The essence of honoring God means to love Him with all our heart, all our soul, and with all our mind (see Matthew 22:37). This is the first and greatest commandment. Honoring God also means honoring those He has placed in our lives, as well as the roles in which He has placed them into. He instructs us to honor our parents, each other, and those in authority.
Honor is not…
God instructs us to honor all. However, this does not mean to esteem them higher than the Lord Himself. He also instructs us to honor and follow the rules of those in authority, be it government or the church. Again, this goes back to check it against the first and greatest commandment, love God above all else. If those in authority go against God’s law, God’s law is to be obeyed…
- “But Peter and John answered and said to them, ‘Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge.”─Acts 4:19
Just as God promises that “it may go well with you and that you enjoy long life” when we honor our parents; when we honor God above all else, God will reveal Himself to us! Life in turn goes well for us because we know His will. When honoring Him we abide in His love. We then are filled with His joy! Great and powerful blessings accompany the gift of honor!
We want to pray with you! We will pray that God gives you discernment in your gift of honor. We also want to pray that God strengthens this powerful gift and releases blessings and honor into your own life.
TAKING THE GOSPEL OF YESHUA HAMASHIACH (JESUS THE MESSIAH) INTO ALL THE NATIONS!
Curt Landry Media acts as a voice to the Nations, walking out the instructions of Mark 16:15, “…Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature.” With the vision to preach and to publish openly the good news, Curt Landry Media brings a message of salvation that can be heard throughout the Nations of the World!
MISSION, VISION & PURPOSE:
The mission of Curt Landry Media is to be a bridge of unity and restoration between Israel and the Church, releasing God’s fullness throughout the earth. Our vision is to bring revival to Israel, the Church, and the nations through a deeper understanding and revelation of the power of covenant. Our purpose is to facilitate covenant restoration through the reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles coming together as the One New Man.
OUR CORE VALUES:
● Honor – We believe that honor is a force and we treat each person with a level of value and respect that allows us to take the role of a servant in the relationship.
● Truth – We believe that God’s truth has the power to set people free, and we do everything in our power to remain faithful to His truth, in thought, in word, and in deed.
● Integrity – We adhere to biblically based moral and ethical principles, and maintain these principles both in public and in private.
Statement of Faith
What We Believe…
We believe that the Bible and all the scriptures within both Old and New Testaments are the infallible and inspired Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, our creator, manifested into three persons – God the Father, Jesus the Son, our Savior and the Holy Spirit, the very Spirit of God, who provides spiritual power for daily living and Godly service.