We know oppressive spirits are surrounding us today. We need to feed our faith and get free from the oppressors! Recently, we examined Psalm 64, looking at God’s Word to see where we are prophetically and what He is doing to break the oppression.
As we look at Psalm 64, let us remember that God’s Word does not return void. It will accomplish all—not part, not some, but ALL—it has been sent to do. God is not finished yet. There is a breakthrough on the horizon.
- Let us come into agreement with Psalm 64.
- Let us cry out to the Lord.
- Let us rejoice in Him, as we believe He works all things together for our good and His glory.
- Let us meditate on His Word.
- Let us come under His wing of protection.
- Let us starve our fears and feed our faith.
Psalm 64 | Recognize the Enemy
Break off the Fear
- “Hear my voice, O God, in my meditation; preserve my life from fear of the enemy. Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked, from the rebellion of the workers of iniquity, who sharpen their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows—bitter words,”—Psalm 64:1-3
When oppressive spirits are coming against you, identify them. Cry out to the Lord and ask Him to hear your voice in your meditation. Enter into the Courts of Heaven by the blood of Jesus and ask Him to record the words of Psalm 64:1-3 in your books. Ask Him to persevere your life from fear! Break off fear in Jesus’ name, and feed your faith. Remember and call upon the Word.
Recognize the Arrows
- “… they… shoot in secret at the blameless; suddenly they shoot at him and do not fear.”—Psalm 64:4
The Lord said that arrows are shooting at the blameless in secret—in private. This is happening. There are policies in place that are like arrows intended to kill privacy. We must not be blind to what is happening in the spirit. Arrows are being shot.
Recognize the Lying Snare
- “They encourage themselves in an evil matter; they talk of laying snares secretly; they say, ‘Who will see them?’”—Psalm 64:5
We know there are lying words coming at us from every direction. The oppressive spirits are on a covert mission. They do not want to be exposed or revealed. They operate out of evil boldness.
If we recognize the lying snares and words, then we are prepared. We won’t step on and come into agreement with them. The oppressive spirits are prideful, saying, “No one will see us.” However, you have the mind of Christ! You can see into the spirit and be prepared because God reveals what is happening and what is coming. Feed your faith and trust that the Lord is equipping you through preparation.
Recognize the Schemes
- “They devise iniquities: ‘We have perfected a shrewd scheme.’ Both the inward thought and the heart of man are deep.”—Psalm 64:6
The arrogance and the mockery seep out of the oppressive spirits. They are emboldened, thinking no one will prosecute or bind them. This is happening. However, as the Church, we can come together, recognizing the schemes of the enemy and take them into the Courts of Heaven, to our Righteous Judge, and He will judge accordingly.
The oppressive spirits want to use our fleshly hearts against us. But we will not come into agreement with the flesh. Instead, we will decide to feed our faith and rejoice in the Lord!
Psalm 64 | Rejoice in the Lord and Feed Your Faith
Expect a “Suddenly”
- “But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly they shall be wounded.”—Psalm 64:7
Verse 7 will be fulfilled. We can expect a “suddenly” wounding. In other words, don’t doubt if this will happen. Expect it to happen and happen suddenly, just as the Lord’s Word says.
Expect the Oppressors to Stumble
- “So He will make them stumble over their own tongue; all who see them shall flee away.”—Psalm 64:8
Isn’t it interesting that there is much contradiction in our airways today? There is stumbling happening in the words and tongues of the oppressive spirits. Their words will become their ruin.
The enemy is the father of lies and will always become entangled in the web he weaves. The oppressive spirits operating in people today will end up driving followers and supporters away—they will flee—because they will see what is happening and will not want to be a part of it. Feed your faith, knowing the oppressive spirits will stumble!
Expect to Find Gladness
- “All men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider His doing. The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and trust in Him. And all the upright in heart shall glory.”—Psalm 64:9-10
God will fire His arrow revealed in verse seven, causing stumbling and crumbling of words spoken by the oppressive spirits. Then He will release the expectation of His Word in verses 9 and 10. If you feel that God doesn’t see what is happening, if you feel He doesn’t care, take heart.
Feed your faith. Divine intervention is on the way. Have reverential fear of the Lord, knowing that His sovereignty and power will be mightier and more consuming than you can imagine. And when the divine intervention comes, you will want to move out of the way. Be on His side.
Feed your faith by remembering who God is—sovereign, just, righteous, and almighty.
Feed your faith by remembering who you are in Jesus—saved, blessed, upright, and covered.
Church, feed your faith and encourage others. The glory of the Lord is about to burst through the cracks in the oppressive spirits’ foundation of lies. His power and glory will be revealed, and we can experience more of it when we choose to feed our faith every day.
Journey through Psalm 64. Take notes and reflect on where we are in this prophetic timeline. Know that the Lord is not going to stop at verse 6. Remember, His Word will not return void. He cannot lie. He didn’t stop at verse 6 and change His mind. No, He is not done yet!
- Come out of agreement with fear.
- Recognize the lies and schemes of the enemy
- Feed your faith and rejoice, knowing that the Lord will cause the oppressive spirits to fall.
All the upright in heart shall glory!