Those who carry the Issachar anointing understand the times we are in. They have discernment and knowledge. They seek the wisdom of God through the Word to know what needs to be done. And they activate these words. They understand the signs of the times.
“From the tribe of Issachar, there were 200 leaders of the tribe with their relatives. All these men understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take.” —1 Chronicles 12:32(NLT) (emphasis added)
What do you notice here? They didn’t just seek to understand. They also wanted to put action to their understanding. Those who carry the Issachar anointing desire to know the best course of action to take.
5 Characteristics of the Issachar Anointing
- Intercessory prayer warrior—Issachars recognize what is happening in the spirit. They see the corruption and its connection to the times. With that discernment and understanding, they pray. They pray for family members, neighborhoods, communities, counties, states, and nations. They intercede and pray intercessory prayers, repenting on behalf of the people and petitioning in the Courts of Heaven. Those who carry the Issachar anointing are watchmen. They see and are attuned to the dangers that are coming.
“I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.”—Isaiah 62:6-7 (emphasis added)
- Spiritually awake and alert—Issachars do not run and hide. They rise and shine. They are strong and alert in the Lord. They are not lulled to sleep by lies, turning their heads to what man, media, and manipulative entities have to say. Rather, those with the Issachar anointing are strong in the Lord because they focus on Him and His Word. The Lord is the anchor of their souls—their minds, wills, and emotions. They fortify their hearts and are aware of the spiritual atmosphere around them (unlike Samson’s fall, for example).
“When Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, ‘Come up once more, for he has told me all his heart.’ …Then she lulled him to sleep on her knees, and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his head. Then she began to torment him, and his strength left him. And she said, ‘The Philistines are upon you, Samson!’ So he awoke from his sleep, and said, ‘I will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!’ But he did not know that the Lord had departed from him.”—Judges 16:18-20 (emphasis added)
- Understand the times—The Bible speaks of “chronos” time, which is chronological time, and “kairos” time, which is a specific time. Those with the Issachar anointing understand chronological time and understand specific time. They understand the spiritual and political climates and timing. The times we live in can either cause us to come into agreement with fear or faith. God is pouring out Issachar anointing, releasing Kingdom discernment and knowledge about what to do for the times we are living in. God does not want us running for the hills, but running to Him, in essence, so others too can understand the times and join the remnant army.
“of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, their chiefs were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their command;”—1 Chronicles 12:32 (emphasis added)
- Act when wickedness is released—Issachars take action. They “do” and activate the words of God. Daniel 11:32-35 describes a situation when the Issachar anointing is released. Wickedness is in the land and there are powers that come against the covenant. There is corrupt flattery, lies that tickle ears. But the “people who know their God” are strong and carry out great exploits. In other words, when wickedness comes against the covenant of God, those with the Issachar anointing are empowered by the Spirit to take action and do great exploits. They do not stand by complaining and criticizing. They understand there will be opposition, but they see the opposition as a road to refinement.
“Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.”—Daniel 11:32-35 (emphasis added)
- Has a radical devotion to Yeshua and the things of God—The Lord is rising up those with the Issachar anointing because He desires for His Bride to draw near to Him, to be anointed with power. His heart breaks when compromise and Hellenistic worldly influences mix with those He has made pure. He wants to see us come out of agreement with religious, orphan, and Jezebel spirits. He invites us to tap into the covenant relationship and be radically devoted to Him. In exchange, He releases authority upon us. Those with the Issachar anointing accept the invitation and receive His power.
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!”—2 Timothy 3:1-5 (emphasis added)
God is Raising Up Issachars!
God is raising up those who desire to operate in the Issachar anointing. He is getting ready to pour out fresh oil upon their heads. This remnant refuses to sit back. They are to mobilize and move to the front lines. They are pioneers in the spirit and are eager to develop new ideas, new solutions, and move into new levels. They are in the fourth river!