Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Rejection
Breaking Free from Rejection | What is Rejection and How Does the Enemy Use it Against You?
Rejection is an oppressive spirit that attacks your core identity. It creates a feeling of abandonment and loss. The spirit of rejection drives you to search for meaning, self-worth, identity, and acceptance. The spirit of rejection is associated with the spirit of lack and the orphan spirit.
Because rejection is from the enemy, it causes you to search for fulfillment in places other than God’s Word.
Difficult situations from your past can distort current circumstances, creating a false identity. What does that mean? It means if you have unresolved feelings of rejection from your childhood, or an earlier time in your life, you can transfer those feelings into current situations and perceive them as rejection.
The counterfeit identity within you comes into agreement with the spirit of rejection, and the emotional cycle continues.
The enemy will use those past experiences to speak words of abandonment and rejection into your life. His goal is to stir your emotions until the destructive view overrides the power of life and truth contained in the Word of God.
Ultimately, Satan uses the spirit of rejection to kill, steal, and destroy your inheritance of sonship obtained through Christ (Romans 8:15), and your true identity.
But there is hope and an answer. Jesus said, “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you,” (John 14:16-18, emphasis added).
The enemy wants you to feel like an orphan. Jesus promises you the Spirit. Therefore, cling to the Spirit and His Word to break the spirit of rejection.
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your rejection. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you the lies and the past situations that the enemy uses against you in your circumstances.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to separate the truth from false beliefs (Hebrews 4:12), renounce the rejection and abandonment. Come out of agreement with it and come into agreement with who God says you are.
“For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”—Galatians 3:26
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We’ve provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin revealing the guarantee of your true identity in Christ and cancel the spirit of rejection in your life.
“Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.”—2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Speak the verses God places in front of you. Ask the Spirit to guide you into the next stage of healing.
- Commit to…
- Repenting of agreeing with false identities. Each of us has experienced words of false identities spoken over us. Turn to God and ask for forgiveness for believing any words that are not in agreement with His words for you.
- Forgiving others and yourself. We’ve all been hurt by others. Sometimes we speak words of defeat, shame, and rejection over our own lives. Other times we hear them from others. It is time we choose to forgive others and ourselves for the mistakes made and the pain they have caused. Forgiveness leads to freedom.
- Declaring God’s promises and the identity as His anointed child over your life. Repentance and forgiveness create room for God’s promises and your true identity in Christ to take root in your soul. Your mind, will, and emotions will shift to things above and transform you. Meditate on those things (Philippians 4:8, Colossians 3:2).
- What Does the Bible Say about Being Sons and Heirs?… Does This Include Women? If you are a woman, you likely have questioned the idea of “sonship” before, either out loud or to yourself.
In fact, we may be tempted to add “and daughters” to Galatians 3:26. But does this slight change we feel compelled to make, change the meaning and context of Paul’s letter to Galatia? Read the Full Article HERE…
- The Power of True Identity—From the Desk of Curt Landry… For more than 20 years, I’ve contemplated, studied, and prayed over the scripture Matthew 7:22-23. How does this scripture reveal our true identity? Is this a Word for the Church today to understand how the Jewish roots of the faith point to her true identity? Read the Full Article HERE…
- How Understanding Your Identity Will Reveal Your Purpose—Understanding your identity is the key to revealing your purpose. Once you begin to step into your identity in Christ and embrace and trust the covenant you are in, your purpose will start to emerge.
Let’s unpack some biblical truths about understanding your identity that will reveal your purpose. Read the Full Article HERE…
- Overcoming Rejection— Most people have experienced the painful sting of rejection. More often than not, deep and bitter wounds develop from these occurrences.
Through the years, I have found that many Believers have not yet discovered how to overcome rejection, hindering them as they attempt to walk boldly in faith toward their higher calling of God. Read the Full Article HERE…
- Spiritual Blessing Blockers—Part 3 | How to Overcome Rejection—For most of us, rejection has plagued our hearts and minds at one time or another, making it an easy target for the enemy to rob us of the blessings that God has promised. In this highly filtered, unrealistically edited, perfectly projected, social media-driven world, it is not hard to feel inadequate and unaccepted, leaving us vulnerable to Satan’s attacks. Read the Full Article HERE…
- Is the Orphan Spirit Operating in My Life? The orphan spirit is something that many people struggle with, both in the Body of Christ, as well as in the world.
When Adam and Eve chose to disobey God in the Garden, sin entered the world. Unfortunately, that disobedience caused a separation between God and man. Read the Full Article HERE…
- The Spirit of Rejection | Where Does It Come from and How to Battle It—The spirit of rejection is an oppressive spirit. It robs you of joy and peace. Oppression is defined as mental pressure or distress. Therefore, if the spirit of rejection is an oppressive spirit, you can think of it as a tactic by the enemy to push or press you down into the moods or emotions that block you from experiencing freedom and the presence of God’s love in your life. Read the Full Article HERE…
- What Is the Spirit of Sonship? Being Confident in Your Identity—The spirit of sonship releases confidence and purpose in your life. Operating out of the spirit of sonship as an heir with Christ frees you to live according to God’s path.
However, Paul writes in the book of Romans that there is a spirit of slavery that fights to consume your thoughts. This spirit of slavery brings fear, doubt, lack, and rejection with it. This oppressive spirit of slavery makes you feel orphaned.
The key to walking in confidence and freedom is to operate out of the spirit of sonship. Read the Full Article HERE…
- “Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’ Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.”—Galatians 4:6-7
- “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.”—1 John 3:1
- “And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.”—John 8:35
“And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”—Galatians 3:29
From the verses above, you can see how anointed you really are! Declare your identity and reclaim your identity. Remind yourself, and the enemy, that God is your Abba Father and you belong to Him.
Decide today to trade your rejection for the spirit of adoption and sonship!
“Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.”—Psalm 51:12
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by embracing the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Jesus Christ (Yeshua in Hebrew).
God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day listening to the enemy. Start filling your mind with the truth (Philippians 4:8).
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
LIVE Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our LIVE Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.