Are You Struggling with Loneliness?
Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Loneliness
Breaking Free from Loneliness | What is Loneliness and How Does the Enemy Use it Against You?
Loneliness is defined as a feeling of isolation that causes depressed feelings. Loneliness is a tormenting spirit that can cause emotional and physical pain. It impacts your spiritual and physical health.
Loneliness is a spirit that isolates you by filling your mind with thoughts of worthlessness. Even though this evil spirit torments your mind, it is one of the easiest to overcome.
Ultimately, the enemy uses loneliness to steal the joy of fellowship. His goal is to manipulate your perception of situations or circumstances and tempt you into a state of loneliness. When you are lonely, his goal is then to keep you from gathering together. Satan knows that when Believers gather together, there is potential for a release of the Holy Spirit’s power.
“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”—Matthew 18:20
How to Break Free from Loneliness
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your loneliness. Loneliness can take up residence in your soul due to thinking about past experiences. Satan uses these experiences to cover you in lies of worthlessness, shame, and guilt.
These lies cause you to isolate yourself, perpetuating the feelings of loneliness. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you how the enemy is using the anticipation of harm against you.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to reveal the truth, step out in faith. Reach out to someone who can pray with you and speak words of life over you. Loneliness can begin to loosen its hold on you by the simple act of connecting with another Believer.
“And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”—Hebrews 10:24-25
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We’ve provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin unlocking the doors that keep you trapped in the feeling of loneliness. The Lord wants to free you from this blessing blocker so that you can begin to experience the joy of gathering with Believers and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”—John 10:10
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Journal Bible verses that remind you that God is with you. Declare them regularly. Remember… in the consistency lies the victory!
- Commit to…
- Repenting of false beliefs. To break free from loneliness, it’s important to go to God in prayer and repent of believing that He is not with you. The enemy’s lies say that God has left you, but God’s Word says He will never leave you. Be honest with God about your feelings of loneliness. Boldly approach the throne of grace and surrender your feelings to God.
“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession… Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”—Hebrews 4:14, 16
- Forgiving others and yourself. Loneliness is one of those feelings that cause us to blame others and ourselves. After a time of reflection and repentance, move into forgiveness. Jesus forgave us, and as a result we are free (John 8:36). Forgiveness is the key to freedom. Allow forgiveness to usher in the love of the Father that breaks the spirit of loneliness.
- Declaring God’s covenant promises of love and companionship. When the enemy tells you all the reasons you should feel lonely, fight back with declarations of God’s love and the truth that He is with you wherever you go. Take another step and reach out to someone who will bless you with encouraging words.
Resources to Help You Break Free from Loneliness
- Is the Orphan Spirit Operating in My Life?— The thing we must know about God is that He is merciful. So often, when we have done something wrong, we take the way of Adam and Eve and recoil—isolating ourselves from God and others. We feel alienated and alone. But the opposite is true. God never leaves us.
- He Knows You— Each of us, even those who have never known God, are known by Him. This knowing is far more than a mere list of names, heights, etc.; He knows every like, dislike, fear, joy, what sparks our imagination or anger… and infinitely more. Read the Full Article Here…
- How to Pray God’s Promises— The struggles we have in the physical realm are largely a manifestation of the challenges we face in the spiritual realm and in our thought lives. When we decide to pray God’s promises over our situations, our thoughts begin to change. Sadly, many Believers do not know the power of praying God’s promises over their lives. Read the Full Article Here…
Words of Encouragement When You Are Lonely
- “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”—John 14:16-18
- “… I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”—Matthew 28:20
- “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”—Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”—Joshua 1:9
- “Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God…”—Ephesians 2:19
From the verses above, you can see how God is with you wherever you go. You have been adopted into His family and He gives you the Holy Spirit, who lives within you, to guide you. Put these verses to memory and declare them whenever loneliness presses in.
Decide today to trade your loneliness for fellowship and join together in a prayer of agreement with the Lord!
“He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.”—Matthew 12:30
“Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”—Ecclesiastes 4:12
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by claiming the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Jesus Christ.
- God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day feeling lonely. Start filling your mind with the truth and life (Philippians 4:8).
I have more questions. Where do I go?
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
Live Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our Live Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
1-on-1 Prayer with our Prayer Team
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.