Are You Struggling with Hopelessness?
Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Hopelessness
Breaking Free from Hopelessness | What is Hopelessness and How Does the Enemy Use it Against You?
Hopelessness is defined as a feeling or state of despair; lack of hope. It is an emotion that steals your motivation and zest for life. It is often rooted in the desire to place situations and circumstances on your timetable, rather than surrendering situations to God in His perfect timing.
In our Adamic nature, we are impatient. When we have an idea or thought, we want it to come to pass immediately. When it doesn’t come to pass as we think it should, we can become hopeless.
The enemy will twist your motivation and anticipation, using them against you. He will tell you these things must happen now. When they don’t, because it’s not in God’s timing, he will create thoughts of doubt and unbelief within your soul.
Ultimately, Satan uses hopelessness to kill, steal, and destroy the purpose God has for you. He wants you to become so impatient that your focus shifts from believing God’s promises and timing to doubting that anything good will happen at all.
“For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”—Habakkuk 2:3
How to Break Free from Hopelessness
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your hopelessness. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you the lies the enemy is using against you in your circumstances.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to separate your desires from His (Hebrews 4:12), renounce the lies. Come out of agreement with them and come into agreement with God’s timing for your life.
“But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.”—1 Peter 5:10
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We’ve provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin unlocking the doors that keep you trapped in the feeling of hopelessness. The Lord wants to free you from this blessing blocker and reveal your God-designed destiny.
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”—Romans 8:28
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Journal Bible verses that He uses to reassure you of His timing. Then decree and declare those verses out loud. When we do this consistently, therein lies the victory!
- Commit to…
- Repenting of false beliefs. We can all become impatient, especially when we know something good is waiting for us. But use the time of waiting to turn to God and repent of the desire to control the outcome based on your timetable.
- Forgiving others and yourself. We can blame others when things don’t go according to our plans. It’s time we forgive others, and ourselves, for the changing of plans. Forgiveness leads to freedom.
- Declaring God’s promises and your identity in Christ over your life. When we declare God’s Word, we also hear it. This helps to plant those seeds of truth deep within our souls. God uses those seeds to begin a transformation from within. The Lord wants you to sow seeds that please the Spirit, which will reap eternal life (Galatians 6:8).
Resources to Help You Break Free from Hopelessness
1. What Do You Do When You’ve Lost Hope?— Hope is an essential ingredient to possessing joy, peace, and faith. Every Believer needs to fully understand what biblical hope is and how to protect it. Before we begin to look at what hope is, how to renew it, and how to keep it, let’s look at what it isn’t. Read the Full Article Here…
2. The Story of Ruth | Hope— Because of Ruth’s hope, she found that in the end she was given great favor—indeed, greater favor than she likely ever imagined. She went from gleaning the fields to feed herself and her mother-in-law to being redeemed! Read the Full Article Here…
3. Expectation Breakers | Don’t Live by Man’s Expectations— With each story of hope we listed, we pray that you will discover that no matter what anyone may think or expect of you—even yourself—God is the ultimate decider. God can use YOU to be an expectation breaker! So, don’t settle for man’s expectations, and don’t live by them! Read the Full Article Here…
Words of Encouragement When You Feel Hopeless
- “For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”—Habakkuk 2:3
- “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!”—Psalm 27:14
- “But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”—2 Peter 3:8
- “Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.” Micah 7:7
- “My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.”—Psalm 31:15
- “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us… For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.”—Romans 8:18, 24-25
- “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is the tree of life.”—Proverbs 13:12
From the verses above, you can see how important it is to wait upon the Lord. He has not forgotten you! Wait, because God’s promises will surely come, just as Habakkuk 2 says.
Remind yourself, and the enemy, that God is the Creator and determines the times and seasons. He makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28).
Decide today to trade your hopelessness for God’s perfect timing!
“For He says: ‘In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you.’ Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”—2 Corinthians 6:2
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by claiming the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Christ.
- God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day feeling hopeless. Start filling your mind with the truth and life (Philippians 4:8).
I have more questions. Where do I go?
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
Live Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our Live Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
1-on-1 Prayer with Our Prayer Team
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.