Are You Struggling with Doubt?
Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Doubt
Breaking Free from Doubt | What is Doubt and How Does the Enemy Use It Against You?
Doubt is defined as a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction. Doubt is a robber. It sneaks in and robs your faith.
Doubt is born out of a desire to take ownership of the results and outcomes when they are not yours. In other words, doubt enters when your trust in God decreases and your need to own the outcome increases.
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.”—James 1:6
The enemy uses doubt to steal your faith and hope of what is to come. This can prevent you from moving forward into new levels of faith.
In our Adamic nature, we tend to lean on the evidence we can see. But God’s desire is for us to have faith based on His Word. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and evidence of things not seen” -(Hebrews 11:1).
Doubt is a lie from the enemy that says, “Don’t have faith until you can see the outcome.” This goes directly against the Word.
Ultimately, the enemy uses the spirit of doubt to steal your faith so that you lose hope. Doubt makes us trust in what has happened, rather than having faith in what will happen according to God’s Word. Doubt grieves the Spirit and robs you of covenant blessings.
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”—Hebrews 11:6
How to Break Free from Doubt
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your doubt. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you where you are not trusting in the Lord.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to reveal the truth, dethrone the doubt! Tell doubt that it has no place in your mind or thoughts.
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We have provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin unlocking the doors that keep you trapped in the feeling of doubt. The Lord wants to free you from this blessing blocker so that you can experience the freedom of faith.
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”—2 Corinthians 5:7
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Journal Bible verses that remind you of the covenant promises of faith.
Walking by faith, and not by sight, requires you to enter new, unknown territory. It means letting go of what you see and clinging to God’s promise of what is to come.
Do you believe that Jesus came to give you an abundant life (John 10:10)? If you doubt that, you are in the right place. God’s called you here so that you can believe and have the promise of abundant life.
- Commit to…
- Repenting of false beliefs. Doubt comes when you trust in the natural rather than the supernatural power of God. Because your Heavenly Father is a good father, He only wants what is best for you. Often that means letting go of what you “see” as best. Repent of believing what is seen in the natural, rather than first turning to the Word of God.
- Forgiving others… and yourself. When you are full of doubt, you can blame others, and even yourself. You can blame others when circumstances don’t go as planned. You can blame yourself for believing a false word. This is why God tells you to have faith in His Word, not in others or yourself. God will not let you down (Deuteronomy 31:6). So, choose to forgive others for the hurt you feel in doubt.
- Declaring God’s covenant promises. When you have faith, you know you can do all things through Christ. Declare the covenant promise that God is able to perform that which He says. His Word will give you hope and build your faith. Declare His Words of faith over you and your family, and expect to receive it. “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11).
Resources to Help You Break Free from Doubt
- Doubt and Unbelief— I personally think that the sin that offends God the most is doubt and unbelief. When we refuse to step out in faith, it offends Him because it assumes that our intellect and personal choices will be better than what God has chosen for us. Watch and Read More Here…
- Spiritual Blessing Blockers | Overcoming Doubt and Unbelief— Of all the roadblocks we allow to detour our blessings, doubt and unbelief are among the most problematic. It is not a question of whether the blessing is available to us, but rather, whether we believe the blessing is accessible. Read the Full Article Here…
- How to Break Free from the Poverty Spirit… in Yeshua’s Name!— The poverty spirit is on the rise in our culture. It is a spirit that wants to rob you of God’s blessing and provision. This spirit deceives, manipulates, blinds, and discourages us from seeking the desires that God has placed on our hearts. Read the Full Article Here…
God’s Words of Encouragement…
- “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”—Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”—Ephesians 3:20-21
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”—John 14:12
- “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands.”—Psalm 138:8
- “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”—Hebrews 11:1
From the verses above, you can see how important it is to have faith in what is to come, because the natural world can deceive. Declare God’s covenant promises of what is to come and break free from doubt.
Decide today to trade your doubt for faith in God’s covenant promises!
“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” —Isaiah 26:3
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by claiming the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Jesus Christ.
- God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day feeling doubtful. Start filling your mind with the truth and life (Philippians 4:8).
I have more questions. Where do I go?
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
Live Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our Live Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
1-on-1 Prayer with our Prayer Team
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.