- What is the Threefold Cord?
- The Threefold Cord in God’s Word
- The Spiritual Alignment of the Threefold Cord
- Equipped and Unified in the Son of God
- God is Bringing Oneness, Unity, and Maturity to the Body of Yeshua
- Alignment Releases the Glory and Power of the Holy Spirit
- How Do We Fulfill the Great Commission and Our Assignments?
We are on the verge of a release of glory from the threefold cord!
What is the Threefold Cord?
The threefold cord represents divided entities brought together and united by the One True God. The cord stands for wholeness, covenant, completeness, and strength.
The book of Ecclesiastes speaks of the threefold cord.
- “Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”—Ecclesiastes 4:12
You see the power of “three” throughout scripture. Three represents wholeness.
- While one represents unity and two represents opposed or divided sides brought together in union (one), three is the completeness and divine wholeness of the union.
- The nature of God is three-in-one. The Creator is a triune God—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob emphasizes the covenant relationship He has with His chosen people.
- Man is comprised of three parts—body, soul, and spirit.
The Threefold Cord in God’s Word
God refers to Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, representing His covenant relationship and unifying nature.
- “Moreover God said to Moses, ‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: “The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.”’”—Exodus 3:15 (emphasis added)
Paul wrote in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 about the wholeness of our three parts being preserved and blameless.
- “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”—1 Thessalonians 5:23 (emphasis added)
Jesus talked about two coming together to become one and joined by God.
- “‘But from the beginning of the creation, God “made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.’”—Mark 10:6-9 (emphasis added)
Paul wrote in Ephesians 2 about God creating in Himself one new man from two.
- “For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.”—Ephesians 2:14-18 (emphasis added)
All of the examples above speak of the significance of the threefold cord. The picture is of unity and the power of spiritual alignment.
- The nature of God: When we understand God’s covenant-keeping nature, we trust in His faithfulness to make His Word come to pass.
- The person: When we are born-again by the Spirit of God and walk in His ways, our bodies, souls, and spirits are in alignment.
- The marriage and family: When man and woman come together in marriage and are centered on God, there is spiritual alignment in the relationship and the home.
- The territories and nations: When we come together as Jew and Gentile, the power of spiritual alignment is released at a higher level.
The Spiritual Alignment of the Threefold Cord
Unity between Jews and Gentiles in agreement with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob releases the power and glory of spiritual alignment.
As the return of Yeshua grows closer, we are witnessing and being a part of a rapid increase in prophetic fulfillment. This is why spiritual alignment is critical in spiritual warfare at this hour. The enemy wants to divide, but this is in reaction to the Lord of Angel Armies releasing an anointing of unification among the faithful remnant.
The Lord has laid out His ultimate plan of restoration in His Word. He has been patient with us to come together in unity.
Equipped and Unified in the Son of God
The culmination of events and signs among the nations should perk up our ears and open our eyes as Believers. God is opening doors, and there is a call for the restoration of our minds and bodies, marriages, families, and nations to seek the presence of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
When these things come together—unified and aligned with the will of God—we are equipped with the power and authority to withstand pressure from the enemy.
God is Bringing Oneness, Unity, and Maturity to the Body of Yeshua
The Lord is at work through the Body of Yeshua, bringing nations, tribes, and tongues together, joining with His chosen nation, Israel, as Ephesians says. We are coming together as One New Man.
Ephesians 4:11-16 tells us that God appoints us grace ministries to nurture, prepare, and build up the Body of Yeshua until we attain oneness—“the fullness of what it means to know the Son of God” (vs 13, TPT). We must understand…
- We each have a mission field in front of us, wherever our sphere of influence is
- The family we are adopted into by the blood of Jesus and our inheritance
- It is critical to be spiritually aligned with God’s heart if we want to reach the full dimensions of spiritual maturity
Those grafted into the commonwealth of Israel by the blood of Yeshua make a threefold cord strong and unified. Then we will not be easily shaken by trouble or led astray by novel teachings or by the false doctrines of deceivers (see Ephesians 4:14). This is the blessing of the threefold cord!
Alignment Releases the Glory and Power of the Holy Spirit
It is evident throughout God’s Word that as the Body of Christ comes together in unity to fulfill the Great Commission, there will be a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
The Lord tells His followers to go and make disciples of all nations.
How Do We Fulfill the Great Commission and Our Assignments?
As one of the wealthier nations on Earth, we must understand the power of those freedoms and blessings at our fingertips. And as a born-again Believer—grafted in as One New Man—you have the power in Christ to overcome every worldly spirit, “because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
We fulfill our spiritual alignment assignments by…
- Preaching the Gospel to the nations…
- “And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’”—Mark 16:15 (emphasis added)
- “‘…and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.’”—Luke 24:47 (emphasis added)
- “…but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith.”—Romans 16:26 (emphasis added)
- Aligning with the Lord’s heart and with His people…
- “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”—Jeremiah 29:13 (emphasis added)
- “For thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.’”—Zechariah 2:8 (emphasis added)
- Confessing among the nations that He is Lord of all…
- “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:9-11 (emphasis added)
- “After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!’”—Revelation 7:9-10 (emphasis added)
When something is mentioned numerous times throughout scripture, it’s God’s way of telling us to pay attention!
As we read the above scriptures, we can clearly see how God desires alignment to understand the transforming power of the unveiled face when we turn to Him…
- “Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away… But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”—2 Corinthians 3:16, 18
Let us pay attention to what God is doing in Israel, in the Body of Yeshua, and in our own hearts and homes. Let us receive the glory of the threefold cord and the unification He is releasing upon His people this season.