Are You Struggling with Your Health?
Jesus is the Great Physician Who Heals
Dealing with ongoing health issues can be incredibly difficult. You only have one body, and while the Bible says the body is the temple of the Lord, you can draw a blank as to how to care for it.
“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”—1 Corinthians 6:19
Our physical bodies will be completely healed on the other side of Heaven, but in this life, if you are struggling with your health, you need knowledge and wisdom to care for it.
The best place to start is by recognizing the healing power of Christ (John 5:1-15, Matthew 9: 20-22, Luke 17:12-16). Then read verses—such as the ones listed below—that shed light on the issue of health that Satan wants to keep in the dark.
“A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.”—Proverbs 17:22
- This verse tells us there is a connection between our emotions and our health. Science reveals there is a correlation between health and our mental state. When we can adopt a mindset of joy by focusing on what is excellent, praiseworthy, and good, it actually starts to change our brain structure and mood, thus resolving some of our aches and pains.
“My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge…”—Hosea 4:6
- This verse points us to pray for knowledge and understanding about our health. Perhaps something blocking a health blessing to be manifested in your life that you have not thought of, but the Spirit knows. We can pray for this revelation to come.
“…If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”—Exodus 15:26
- Many read this verse and feel condemned or defeated and think, “I can’t keep His statutes!” However, remember that there is no condemnation in Christ. That message is from the enemy.
Instead, we encourage you to read this verse through the eyes of the Holy Spirit. Prayerfully ask God to reveal what time, tasks, activities, and even eating habits don’t align with His will. He wants you to live an abundant life (John 10:10) and to be healed in every way.
However, in most cases, this requires coming to Him and asking for guidance. You can, through the power of the Holy Spirit, practice self-discipline, and patience (Galatians 5:22-23) as you create new habits regarding your health. These God-aligned habits protect your health.
How to Align with God’s Will for Your Health
Step 1: Start by praying that the Lord gives knowledge. When you are struggling with health issues, you often want to find the fix first. We want to encourage you to take another approach. Spend time presenting what you know about the illness to God and ask that He begins to reveal the source of the issue. Because God created you, He knows your mind, body, and soul better than anyone. While healing takes time, have faith that God will reveal not only the source, but steps you can take to enter into better health.
Step 2: Check out the resources below. We understand that discovering the source of your illness is far from easy. That’s why we’ve developed resources for you to use during your personal time. Use them as a springboard into your study and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you while you read them so that God’s healing power is revealed.
“'For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord.”—Jeremiah 30:17
Step 3: Meditate on and declare God’s promise. One of the most powerful things you can do to restore your health is declare the joy of your salvation and the promises of God. Health issues impact your mind, will, and emotions. It’s for this reason that staying focused on the strength of the Lord is essential.
“Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.' Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.”—Isaiah 12:2-3
Resources to Help You Align with God’s Will for Your Health
- What Does the Bible Say About Health?
Does God want you to be healthy? As we open up our Bibles and look at the Word of God through the lens of health, we observe a theme—that God cares deeply about our health. In fact, He intends that we live healthy and prosper. Read the Full Article Here…
- Biblical Finance and Health: What Does the Bible Say about Kingdom Economics, Money, and Good Health?
The Bible has a lot to say about money, finances, and how to care for our bodies. Jesus talked about money in 16 of His 38 parables. In these parables, He discussed how to handle both our money and our possessions. In the four Gospels, 1 out of every 10 verses directly relates to money or possessions. Read the Full Article Here…
- How Can I Practice Self-Control?
What is self-control exactly? It’s defined as, “the ability to control oneself, in particular one’s emotions and desires or the expression of them in one’s behavior, especially in difficult situations.” Words like self-discipline, restraint and willpower also are used to describe self-control. But what does God say about self-control? Would He describe it the same way? Read the Full Article Here…
- Health Series | What Does God Say about Your Health? Health, Stress and the Bible (Part 1)
Does God want you to be healthy? Is it of any concern to Him? As we open up our Bibles and look at the Word of God concerning health, we observe a theme. That God, does in fact, care deeply about our health. In fact, it is His intention that we live a healthy and prosperous life. All to fulfill the calling to further His Kingdom. Read the Full Article Here…
Also check out…
Words of Encouragement
Here is a list of Bible verses for you to meditate on and to declare today…
- “Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth”—Jeremiah 33:6
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”—Isaiah 41:10
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases…”—Psalm 103:2-3
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”—Philippians 4:13
Look for an email to be delivered to your inbox tomorrow. It will discuss how your emotions can rob your inheritance. But they don't have to…
We will provide you with additional resources and support as you continue your journey of physical healing and restoration.
Remember, the Lord is our great physician. I pray for good health and that it is well with your soul. I pray hope, peace, and love are released in your life. I speak, “Shalom, Shalom,” over you.
- “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.”—3 John 1:2
I Have More Questions. Where Do I Go?
- Download the FREE One New Man Guide that answers questions about the feasts, the Jewish calendar, and more.
- Watch our service’s weekly LIVE stream and gain more insights about your covenant relationship with the Lord.
- Discover how God wants to use you for His Kingdom by unlocking your Godly Strengths.
1-on-1 Prayer with Our Freedom Prayer Team
If you need prayer that helps you break the assignment of the enemy, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team. Be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.