Are You Struggling with Depression?
Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Depression
Breaking Free from Depression | What is Depression and How Does the Enemy Use it Against You?
Depression is defined as a feeling of severe despondency and dejection. It is a feeling of loss or sadness. It is an emotion that evokes stress, pain, and feelings of unworthiness. It is often rooted in unresolved circumstances or situations of your past and focuses on the self. The enemy will magnify pain in your past and present it to you as reality.
In our Adamic nature, our emotions are determined by how we view our life experiences. Therefore, when we view our circumstances through our own eyes, rather than through the eyes of God, our reality can become skewed.
The enemy will use those past experiences to speak words of destruction into your life. He stirs them up until the destructive view overrides the power of life and truth contained in the Word of God.
Ultimately, Satan uses depression to kill, steal, and destroy the inheritance of an abundant life you have in Christ (John 10:10), and your God-destined purpose.
How to Break Free from Depression
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your depression. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you the lies the enemy is using against you in your circumstances.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to separate the truth from false beliefs (Hebrews 4:12), renounce the lies. Come out of agreement with them and come into agreement with God’s vision for your life.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”—Jeremiah 29:11
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We’ve provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin unlocking the doors that keep you trapped in the feeling of depression. The Lord wants to free you from this blessing blocker to reveal your God-designed destiny.
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”—Romans 8:28
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Speak the verses God places in front you. Ask the Spirit to guide you into the next stage of healing.
- Commit to…
- Repenting of false beliefs. Each of us has experienced words of false identities spoken over us. Turn to God and ask for forgiveness for believing any words that are not in agreement with His words for you.
- Forgiving others and yourself. We’ve all been hurt by others. Sometimes we speak words of shame over our own lives. It is time we choose to forgive others and ourselves for mistakes made and the pain they have caused. Forgiveness leads to freedom.
Declaring God’s promises and your identity in Christ over your life. Repentance and forgives creates room for God’s promises and your identity in Christ to take root in your soul. Your mind, will, and emotions will shift to things above and transform you. Meditate on those things (Philippians 4:8, Colossians 3:2).
Resources to Help You Break Free from Depression
1. Overcoming Depression with a Spirit of Thanksgiving— Depression and anxiety are the most commonly diagnosed mental health issues in the United States today. It’s no wonder many of us are searching and scouring the internet, purchasing self-help books, and looking for ways to overcome this hindrance.
No matter what triggers depression and anxiety, you can guarantee the enemy is behind it. This devouring spirit needs to be dealt with by the One who is stronger than he who is in the world. Read the Full Article HERE…
2. Dealing with Depression | Rejecting Lies and Embracing Truth— Sadness, tearfulness, hopelessness, and anxious thoughts—do these emotions torment you daily? Depression and anxiety are conditions that impact about 12 million women and 6 million men in America, and these numbers are on the rise—especially among women. Read the Full Article HERE…
3. The Life of Gratitude— For most of us, we live a life of gratitude… to a point. We try to say please and thank you to the person waiting our table, or see a sunny day after weeks of rain and smile, thanking God for the change… yet, are we truly living a life of gratitude? Read the Full Article HERE…
4. A Prophetic Word | Invite Biblical Instruction and Be Joyful in Judgement— Dare I make this bold statement today? Anything that is happening in the natural is a liar. Do not trust it. What do I mean by that? The shift in seasons we are currently experiencing brings out the lies of the enemy. There are some of you right now who are inundated with lies about self-worth, abilities, and giftings. Read the Full Article HERE…
Words of Encouragement When You Feel Depressed
- “And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”—Deuteronomy 31:8
- “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.”—Psalm 34:7
- “I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.”—Psalm 40:1-3
- “Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.”—Psalm 42:11
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”—Psalm 103:1-5
From the verses above, you can see how important it is to praise God, even during times of struggle. Declare His benefits as Psalm 103 says! Remind yourself, and the enemy, that God is your provider.
Decide today to trade your depression for the joy of your salvation!
“Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.”—Psalm 51:12
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by embracing the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Jesus Christ (Yeshua in Hebrew).
- God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day listening to the enemy. Start filling your mind with the truth (Philippians 4:8).
I have more questions. Where do I go?
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
Live Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our Live Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
1-on-1 Prayer with Our Prayer Team
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.